Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Will The Liberals Here Admit That The Media Lied About Trump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer
    Will The Liberals Here Admit That The Media Lied About Trump?
    Yes, when you admit you've stopped beating your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I have, because she refuses to play scrabble anymore.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I have, because she refuses to play scrabble anymore.

Comment

My wife died of cancer in 06.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by metacrock View Post
            why don't you try actually learning the facts?
            Thanks for proving Seer's and the video's point for us metacrock you on the left wn't admit that the media has lied,
            YOU need to follow your own advise here.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
              Thanks for proving Seer's and the video's point for us metacrock you on the left need to follow your own advise here.
              I knew Meta from back in my CARM days, I don't remember him being this reactionary liberal.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                My wife died of cancer in 06.
                My condolences seer. At any rate, I've nothing to admit because I've never claimed anything in relation to the media and Trump.

Comment

My condolences seer. At any rate, I've nothing to admit because I've never claimed anything in relation to the media and Trump.
                  Then he wasn't talking to you Leonhard.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    Then he wasn't talking to you Leonhard.
                    I'm a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      No he hasn't.

I have yet to see a list of Trump's "lies" that doesn't include hyperbole, exaggeration, imprecise citation, rounding, figures of speech, metaphors, obvious jokes, honest mistakes, differences of opinion, and so on in order to falsely inflate the number of supposed falsehoods. Heck, hold any of us to that same standard, and we likely tell hundreds of "lies" a day.

A point that I've raised before

For example:
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      FWIU the largest percent of "lies" told by Trump according to a list concocted by the Washington Post revolved around his claim that he didn't collude with the Russians. Now that we know that was the truth the WaPo is refusing to remove them from his list of lies.

But then what do you expect from someone who... well,
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The Washington Post has just provided an excellent example of just what sort of things get included into these various lists of "lies" that Trump tells that gets the left's knickers all in a bunch.

Yesterday Trump hosted the Clemson University's football team at the White House after they defeated Alabama at the College Football Playoff National Championship. Due to the partial government shutdown the White House kitchen staff has been furloughed so Trump went out and bought $3000 worth of fast food for them. What upset those afflicted with TDS at the Washington Post was Trump's statement that they had hamburgers stacked "a mile high." So they actually had what is painfully obviously a figure of speech fact checked to see if the hamburgers would literally be a mile high

Yup. You read that right. They actually fact checked it.

Their solemn conclusion? "At two inches each, a thousand burgers would not reach one mile high."

So this will now join the list of LIES! told by Trump

Likewise, during the SOTU he said that a third ("one in three") of the women and girls illegally crossing the border end up getting sexually assaulted. Now according to Amnesty International the number is closer to 60% and one study even puts the number as high as 80%, but Politico and the Washington Post cited statistics indicating that the number is 31% so that they could call the claim false. Talk about your nitpicking. It is almost a given that every past president and every politician has used "one-third" or "one-half" rather than a specific fraction, and walked away without being fact-checked but with Trump rounding off like that gets called another lie.

Trump constantly screws up and exaggerates. For him, like your typical New Yorker from Queens or the Bronx, everything is the biggest, the best etc. (a characteristic also often associated with Texans) and he gets hammered for it as well.

I used to run across similar lists disseminated by fringe crackpots sent via fax or email, or heard on late night AM radio about past presidents. Now, however, it isn't the nutjob conspiracy theorists pushing this stuff but supposedly credible journalists, news outlets and high level politicians.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment