Book Plunge: Pulling Back The Green Curtain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Plunge: Pulling Back The Green Curtain

How is Jim Hall doing with his latest book?

Link

I suspect part two is too long to post.

https://www.deeperwatersapologetics.com/?p=11959

Comment

Is there any indication that this is even worth discussing?
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        I at least give this guy credit for formally writing out his criticisms instead of using memes like most skeptical argumentation seems to be done these days, but that's the equivalent of giving a 10% instead of a zero.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          A friend asked me to. I've just had so much fun in the past I wanted to do it again. This is also a compendium of a lot of bad arguments together for future reference.

Comment

He really thinks all Christians are that naive? We are supposed to be as innocent as doves and wise as serpents, so Jesus wants us to not be naive, right?
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Part Three

LinkI have already written about

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing more about this part

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  I'd be interested in hearing more about this part
                  Papal infallibility, not drinking alcohol, women priests, not listening to certain types of music, inerrant Bible, celibacy for priests, wedding rings, performing sacraments for salvation, going to church on Sunday, formal confession of sins.

Comment

Part 4!

LinkCandy Gunther BrownToo bad he never read anything that disagreed with him.

He claims Christian worship on Sunday began under Constantine. I wonder what he does from chapter 67 of the First Apology of Justin Martyr.

And we afterwards continually remind each other of these things. And the wealthy among us help the needy; and we always keep together; and for all things wherewith we are supplied, we bless the Maker of all through His Son Jesus Christ, and through the Holy Ghost. And on the day called Sunday, all who live in cities or in the country gather together to one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read, as long as time permits; then, when the reader has ceased, the president verbally instructs, and exhorts to the imitation of these good things. Then we all rise together and pray, and, as we before said, when our prayer is ended, bread and wine and water are brought, and the president in like manner offers prayers and thanksgivings, according to his ability, and the people assent, saying Amen; and there is a distribution to each, and a participation of that over which thanks have been given, and to those who are absent a portion is sent by the deacons. And they who are well to do, and willing, give what each thinks fit; and what is collected is deposited with the president, who succours the orphans and widows and those who, through sickness or any other cause, are in want, and those who are in bonds and the strangers sojourning among us, and in a word takes care of all who are in need. But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Saviour on the same day rose from the dead. For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration.
                    He says when Cain got married, his parents were the only other people on the planet. This is not said into the text, but it is read into the text, though understandably so for many people. I am not persuaded of this interpretation and think it more likely that Adam and Eve were our representatives.

Finally, there is condemnation that Noah who was a man of God cursed his son for the crime of seeing him drunk and naked. It could be far worse. Robert Gagnon in his book The Bible and Homosexual Practice says this could be a euphemism indicating that his son did more than just that and shamed his father sexually.

We will continue another time.

In Christ,
                    Nick Peters

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                      Part 4!

Link
                      atheist peaceful.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Part 5.

Linkhttp://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/vol03/Ehrman1998.html
                        Last edited by Apologiaphoenix; 08-20-2019, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Moses didn't take any animals on the Ark! That was Noah! And you have some other typos also.

Comment

Fixed

Comment

Hmm... don't think this is right either...

deity

Comment