Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

White Supremacists Help Clean Up West Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    bingo!
    I have to ask though why use sarcasm here at all? Why not just say a group of people was cleaning up their town?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      Leonhard yes it exists but is not as wide spread as those on the left want you to believe they continue to call those of us who believe in the sanctity of life, Family, etc to be white supremists.
      We have them in Denmark too you know, but they've always struck me as an insular group of skinhead losers. So I've never found myself too concerned about them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        I have to ask though why use sarcasm here at all? Why not just say a group of people was cleaning up their town?
        Because it's been in the news that the liberals have run Baltimore and allowed it to become a rat infested garbage blah blah blah..... so the white conservatives are doing what they think the liberals should have been doing all along.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"Tact is for those not witty enough to use sarcasm." -- A favorite T-shirt of mine.

In a related vein, I'm appalled by the number of people who don't recognize that The Babylon Bee is satire. (Snopes, anyone?) And I've even encountered Christians who are opposed to sarcasm and satire on the basis that they are "untruthful."

People that humorless or unintelligent should be medicated and denied access to the Internet.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            We have them in Denmark too you know, but they've always struck me as an insular group of skinhead losers. So I've never found myself too concerned about them.
            That's what they are over here too. Yet to listen to the media, half of the USA are White Nationalists. At this point it has no meaning. It is a real world example of Godwin's Law.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              "Tact is for those not witty enough to use sarcasm." -- A favorite T-shirt of mine.

In a related vein, I'm appalled by the number of people who don't recognize that The Babylon Bee is satire. (Snopes, anyone?) And I've even encountered Christians who are opposed to sarcasm and satire on the basis that they are "untruthful."

People that humorless or unintelligent should be medicated and denied access to the Internet.
              Snopes has made fools of themselves by "fact checking" the Babylon Bee so many times that in order to cover it up they are now claiming that BB isn't a satirical site.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Snopes has made fools of themselves by "fact checking" the Babylon Bee so many times that in order to cover it up they are now claiming that BB isn't a satirical site.
                The BEST satire touches hard on TRUTH.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Strictly speaking this is not currently accurate. They backed off that claim under legal pressure. The particular "debunking" that made that claim was rewritten.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Strictly speaking this is not currently accurate. They backed off that claim under legal pressure. The particular "debunking" that made that claim was rewritten.
                    They needed legal pressure to back off?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      They needed legal pressure to back off?
                      Yep. It was all over the news about a week ago.

Edit: https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...e-babylon-bee/
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        KG it's meant to be sarcastic since the left says all who hold to tradition conservative views(sanctityr of life, famly, etc) are white supremacists.
                        That simply isn't true. And there are plenty of black religious people that hold those same views. But they do probably consider white people that tell black people to 'go back where they came from' to be espousing white supremacist views.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          The article doesn't say anything about a white supremacist.
                          Well apparently you can't even be sarcastic about this stuff without it being true.

From Teal's thread:

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods." - Wired

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...Trump-too-Much

Comment

There's a reason this story has disappeared from MSM....

Trump Supporters Clean Up West Baltimore as Thankful Residents Defy Media Narrative

trassh.jpgtrash 2.jpg

After President Donald Trump drew attention to Baltimore, some of his supporters went down to West Baltimore to assist with a cleanup effort. The group posted pictures of the effort with before and after photos and found some interesting things along the way.

According to OANN, the group was led by activist Scott Presler, who lead over 100 volunteers after the controversy first arose in the media. Presler said his cleanup effort started with a simple tweet about going to clean up Baltimore, even if it’s just by himself. The tweet went viral, and before he knew it the effort had a slew of volunteers ready to go.

The residents themselves were highly grateful and didn’t seem to be angry at Trump whatsoever. In fact, at least one of them didn’t understand why people were angry with Trump for bringing attention to it.

Comment