Anyone Do a Tour to Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And the thing I really love about Hope for Israel is the fact that they are very open about "we give aid to everybody in Israel - the Jews, the Druids, the Muslims.... we don't ask 'are you a Jew' - we help everybody".

They are the ones who did our mini-Seder at Church, and also presented the program to our Ministerial Association.
    Druids?

Do you know if they work with Biblical scholars. One of the things that's attracting me to Morning Star Tours right now is the fact that they partner with DTS and Moody, but I don't know if the downside to that is larger groups. I like the idea of a group under 30-ish or so people.

Comment

Your "best friend" wouldn't be B*** K***, would it?
      It's Rob L**** , but I've asked him if he knows BK. Rob lived in San Antonio and worked pretty close with Paul, the director, and with Jamie, the prior director. Rob moved to Detroit in the Spring.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Wow! Thanks Bill! I'm actually looking for something further out. Maybe around spring of 2020 (March to May time frame). I'll be taking my father with.
        Roger that. I'll see if they are planning anything for that time frame.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          It's Rob L**** , but I've asked him if he knows BK. Rob lived in San Antonio and worked pretty close with Paul, the director, and with Jamie, the prior director. Rob moved to Detroit in the Spring.
          I really like my H4I guy..... he and his wife were having trouble conceiving, and went to a clinic where they worked with them, and she is now pregnant! Because of the history of genetics in this particular Jew, they had been told by others NOT to try to have a baby, and if she got pregnant, abortion was recommended.

Anyway, my own youngest daughter had been having trouble conceiving, and my H4I guy put her in touch with their clinic, and he has taken a personal interest in praying for her and encouraging her and her husband. This is a FAR better experience than I've had with Jews for Jesus, whom I've used in the past. And BK used to work for them, and left for the same reason I quit using them.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Druids?

Do you know if they work with Biblical scholars. One of the things that's attracting me to Morning Star Tours right now is the fact that they partner with DTS and Moody, but I don't know if the downside to that is larger groups. I like the idea of a group under 30-ish or so people.
            I'll be happy to ask that... there were four groups he specifically mentioned, and he just kinda brushed over "druids", which piqued my interest, but there wasn't time to get into that.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I really like my H4I guy..... he and his wife were having trouble conceiving, and went to a clinic where they worked with them, and she is now pregnant! Because of the history of genetics in this particular Jew, they had been told by others NOT to try to have a baby, and if she got pregnant, abortion was recommended.

Anyway, my own youngest daughter had been having trouble conceiving, and my H4I guy put her in touch with their clinic, and he has taken a personal interest in praying for her and encouraging her and her husband. This is a FAR better experience than I've had with Jews for Jesus, whom I've used in the past. And BK used to work for them, and left for the same reason I quit using them.
              We're actually talking about a different group... Rob is with http://hopeforisraelusa.com
              That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                We're actually talking about a different group... Rob is with http://hopeforisraelusa.com
                Hmmmmmm.....

Comment

I'll be happy to ask that... there were four groups he specifically mentioned, and he just kinda brushed over "druids", which piqued my interest, but there wasn't time to get into that.
                  Was that "Druids" or "Druse"? The latter seems rather more likely, in context....
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I wonder if they were referring to "Druze," maybe? As I understand it, they're sort of an esoteric/mystical offshoot of Islam.

Comment

I wonder if they were referring to "Druze," maybe? As I understand it, they're sort of an esoteric/mystical offshoot of Islam.
                      So no aid for Gandalf then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        So no aid for Gandalf then?
                        I just imagined like actual wizards all chillin out in Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Was that "Druids" or "Druse"? The latter seems rather more likely, in context....
                          My guy was a Jew from Argentina whose native tongue was Hebrew, and spoke English with quite an accent --- so, yeah, I'll bet he was saying Druze! I couldn't quite figure out the Druid connection, so, yeah, I'll bet that's what he was saying! Makes much more sense.

Comment

An interesting point our Jewish rep made (mentioned it several times)....

He lives 3 miles from one of the largest Jewish Synagogues in Houston, and attends fairly regularly. He says "their service is THREE HOURS LONG, and in all of the things that happen during that service, there is not one single time they pray for you, or your mother with cancer, or your brother going through a divorce, or....."

Comment

An interesting point our Jewish rep made (mentioned it several times)....

He lives 3 miles from one of the largest Jewish Synagogues in Houston, and attends fairly regularly. He says "their service is THREE HOURS LONG, and in all of the things that happen during that service, there is not one single time they pray for you, or your mother with cancer, or your brother going through a divorce, or....."
                              That's not surprising to me. I mentioned I went to synagogue with a friend some time ago, and the rabbi was clear to point out to us Christians that they don't pray to God for things because they feel that asking God to help them is missing the point somehow. That it's not about what God can do for us, but what we can do for God. Or something to that point. He linked it up with the diaspora, the persecution through the ages, and the holocaust...how God doesn't bother answering prayers, so prayers are really more about praise God for allowing some of them to eek through all of it. It was a pretty downer message, if I'm honest, and obviously they do not see God as a loving father, but almost as a deistic entity. It's no wonder so many Jews end up rejecting the God of their fathers. I'm half tempted to believe that the rabbi himself was an agnostic.

I've attended churches that have run around 2 and half, sometimes 3 hours. One of those preachers who will tell you an hour in "I just got this one more point," and then goes on for 10 more points and two more hours. He'd often bring up the analogy that an audience can sit in a theater or a football game for 3 hours, and totally be into it, but you ask Christians to attend a three hour service and they balk. I guess he had a point there, but his services were mostly of the variety that he was repeating the exact same points a dozen different ways, and even then you couldn't remember what the initial message was all about by the end of the service because of all of the rabbit trails. More than once I'd try to explain to someone who missed a service what it was about, and actually come up blank. Some pastors like to hear themselves talk I guess. The current church I attend is exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes, and it feels like it flies by because it's so stimulating.

Comment