Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats pushing racism

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.
    Exactly. Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth. Under normal circumstances they would be too intelligent to use those methods but when challenged on Trump, they are forced to rely on such methods.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    F.I.F.Y.

That's all you do Chuck, is run around trying to instigate stuff. Sad.

3. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    F.I.F.Y.

That's all you do Chuck, is run around trying to instigate stuff. Sad.
    Quite good indication that I got it right, when I wrote: "Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth."
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Quite good indication that I got it right, when I wrote: "Look at the number of personal attacks, the whataboutism and basic logical fallacies and you have a very good indication that some posters are desperate to avoid the truth."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    All this does is devalue the concept of "racist". It becomes just another word - a name to call somebody you don't like. It does nothing to address the real problems of racism.
    Thing is, racism is a minority view in America. Yes, there are racists, and racist attitudes, but they're not prevalent, and society in general does not consider it acceptable, and so racists and racism are largely marginalized. We live in a society where with few exceptions, minorities can go wherever they want, shop wherever they want, eat wherever they want, work wherever they want, marry whoever they want...

But liberals long ago recognized that there is power in oppression, and so they are desperate to keep racism alive.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

7. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric...
    No, the President is regularly accused of engaging in racist rhetoric, even if it requires twisting his words, taking them out of context, or flat out ignoring him when he explicitly condemns racist rhetoric.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.

Jim
    You need a bullfighter when there are 229 jackasses coming after you.

10. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    How's this for wacky liberal conspiracy theories? MSNBC has a regular contributor, Frank Figliuzzi, the former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, who is suggesting that Trump flying the flags at half-mast is a nod to Hitler....

It should start at the right place but if not, go to 2:48 or click here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DgBI6leb1G0

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

Jim
    I don't think anything that Trump has said incites hatred except for those people who already have hatred toward people, including hatred toward Republicans. The Dems lost the presidency and have nothing but hatred. There is no real excuse to project this upon Trump. The Dems are either fragile people or are willfully promulgating racism and promoting division.

Are you actually saying "sure the Dems are promoting racism and division but this is excusable behavior on their part?"

13. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    How's this for wacky liberal conspiracy theories? MSNBC has a regular contributor, Frank Figliuzzi, the former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, who is suggesting that Trump flying the flags at half-mast is a nod to Hitler....
    How do you argue with complete and total madness? A former FBI assistant director no less!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.