Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats pushing racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric...
    No, the President is regularly accused of engaging in racist rhetoric, even if it requires twisting his words, taking them out of context, or flat out ignoring him when he explicitly condemns racist rhetoric.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.

Jim
      You need a bullfighter when there are 229 jackasses coming after you.

Comment

How's this for wacky liberal conspiracy theories? MSNBC has a regular contributor, Frank Figliuzzi, the former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, who is suggesting that Trump flying the flags at half-mast is a nod to Hitler....

It should start at the right place but if not, go to 2:48 or click here:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=DgBI6leb1G0

Comment

hmmm - I agree with the bolded part but ... no, the blame lies first and foremost at the President's feet. The president regularly engages in racist rhetoric in one form or another, and the Democrats push back against it. Pushing back against racist and hateful rhetoric may indeed result in heightened divisions in this country, but the CAUSE is he that issued the racist comments in the first place, followed by his frenzied followers that simply will not face the fact that is the sort of person they have allied themselves with, or who actually support his racist and hateful words but want to call them something other than racist because of the obvious negative repercussions.

This web site is a very good example. The truth here is often valued only if it supports an agenda. When the truth, even say basic facts concerning global warming, is uncomfortable, then those posts are mocked or dismissed without any regard for the data presented, or any coherent arguments presenting an alternate.

The truth is that Donald Trump incites hatred. The Truth is Donald Trump is a bully - as he has shown in his attacks on Sessions, Cummings, 'the squad' and scores of not hundreds of others in the last two years. The truth is DT uses racist references and inuendo in his speeches and his tweets. But the truth is not valued by many here on that count and post after post is devoted to the mockery or denial of the truth in these matters.

Jim
          I don't think anything that Trump has said incites hatred except for those people who already have hatred toward people, including hatred toward Republicans. The Dems lost the presidency and have nothing but hatred. There is no real excuse to project this upon Trump. The Dems are either fragile people or are willfully promulgating racism and promoting division.

Are you actually saying "sure the Dems are promoting racism and division but this is excusable behavior on their part?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            How's this for wacky liberal conspiracy theories? MSNBC has a regular contributor, Frank Figliuzzi, the former FBI assistant director for counterintelligence, who is suggesting that Trump flying the flags at half-mast is a nod to Hitler....
            How do you argue with complete and total madness? A former FBI assistant director no less!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Now they are doxxing Trump supporters, I'm sure the response will be peaceful...

Brother of presidential candidate Julian Castro releases names, employers of dozens of Trump donors

https://www.theblaze.com/news/brothe...f-trump-donors
              Last edited by seer; 08-07-2019, 12:32 PM.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I think Michael Gerson has some very important points to share ragarding the points you make here:

Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...06e_story.html
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  I think Michael Gerson has some very important points to share ragarding the points you make here:
                  Trump’s continued offenses mean that a large portion of his political base is energized by racist tropes and the language of white grievance. And it means — whatever their intent — that those who play down, or excuse, or try to walk past these offenses are enablers.

Some political choices are not just stupid or crude. They represent the return of our country’s cruelest, most dangerous passion. Such racism indicts Trump. Treating racism as a typical or minor matter indicts us. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...06e_story.html
                  So what do we do about the Dems escalation of the word 'racism' to describe every viewpoint that they don't like? This is very dangerous and seems to push us toward revolution. The idea of revolution is largely a communist concept in order to open up the nation to a communist dictatorship. The Dems are apparently focused on gaining power rather than helping people. If the Dems stop their cliched rhetoric, then maybe their own doctrine can be discussed again in open debates.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Now they are doxxing Trump supporters, I'm sure the response will be peaceful...

Brother of presidential candidate Julian Castro releases names, employers of dozens of Trump donors

https://www.theblaze.com/news/brothe...f-trump-donors
                    I'm sure it'll go no better than the group that surrounded Mitch McConnell's house a couple days ago, while he's recovering from a broken shoulder, screaming for him to come outside while others yelled how they "just stab the smiley bleep.gif in the heart" or held signs like that below

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      So what do we do about the Dems escalation of the word 'racism' to describe every viewpoint that they don't like?
                      Straw man.
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Straw man.
                        I was hoping to stay on track on the discussion but you seemed to have lost sense of what we are discussing. What brought you to this thread if you don't understand the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          I was hoping to stay on track on the discussion but you seemed to have lost sense of what we are discussing. What brought you to this thread if you don't understand the issue?
                          He's a troll.

Comment

Straw man.
                            Troll man.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I'm sure it'll go no better than the group that surrounded Mitch McConnell's house a couple days ago, while he's recovering from a broken shoulder, screaming for him to come outside while others yelled how they "just stab the [ATTACH=CONFIG]38912[/ATTACH] in the heart" or held signs like that below.
                              I don't understand what kind of laws they have in that town. If they did this in my town after 10pm they would be arrested for breach of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                I don't understand what kind of laws they have in that town. If they did this in my town after 10pm they would be arrested for breach of peace.
                                Local law enforcement across the country is being conditioned to turn a blind eye when liberals protest.

Comment