Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Do you ink bro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I think probably a lot of people regret them, but also a lot of people use it as a mental placeholder for a time in their life. I think it's unfortunate that so many people get what I consider throwaway tattoos like Tweety Bird or some tribal junk, rather than getting something that's genuinely sentimental or meaningful. But I think a lot of people who get tattoos think temporary rather than permanent, and I'm sure laser removal companies are loving it either way.
    When my oldest granddaughter was 15, she was begging me to let her get a tattoo. Rather than say no, I told her, "OK, sketch it out, or download it, or whatever, and let's keep it for 1 year. If, at the end of that year, you still want to get that tattoo, I'll pay for it, and we'll make it classy.

She is 23 now, tattooless and grateful. Every once in a while, she'll send me one, and say "let's revisit this in a year".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      People with tattoos never think ahead to when they're 80.
      Except those who thinks back to when they were 80
      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        When my oldest granddaughter was 15, she was begging me to let her get a tattoo. Rather than say no, I told her, "OK, sketch it out, or download it, or whatever, and let's keep it for 1 year. If, at the end of that year, you still want to get that tattoo, I'll pay for it, and we'll make it classy.

She is 23 now, tattooless and grateful. Every once in a while, she'll send me one, and say "let's revisit this in a year".
        Some good advice I heard once was if you really want a tattoo, get the tattoo artist to do it first in sharpie and spray hair spray on it.
        This makes it semi permanent for about a month so yo can see if you really want something like it
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          I think probably a lot of people regret them, but also a lot of people use it as a mental placeholder for a time in their life. I think it's unfortunate that so many people get what I consider throwaway tattoos like Tweety Bird or some tribal junk, rather than getting something that's genuinely sentimental or meaningful. But I think a lot of people who get tattoos think temporary rather than permanent, and I'm sure laser removal companies are loving it either way.
          It seems that in many cases it is the sentimental and meaningful ones that are regretted the most -- especially if they included the name of someone they later broke up with and now despise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It seems that in many cases it is the sentimental and meaningful ones that are regretted the most -- especially if they included the name of someone they later broke up with and now despise.
            Is it true that the most popular tattoo in the US is "Mom"?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is it true that the most popular tattoo in the US is "Mom"?
              Maybe at one time but according to this it is not among the top 48.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Maybe at one time but according to this it is not among the top 48.
                I kinda wondered, cause that was back when Moms weren't getting tattoos.

Comment

So, I wonder.....

How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them?
                  How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that?
                  How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that, because they can't allow the possibility they made such a mistake?

One of my associate pastors had a tattoo of a naked woman on his right forearm. It was quite detailed. He got it in San Diego during his Navy stint, and became a Christian after that. He almost always wears long sleeve shirts, even in the Texas heat.
                  There are places that will cover up tattoos with other tattoos so you can't see the original. Or laser removal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    There are places that will cover up tattoos with other tattoos so you can't see the original. Or laser removal.
                    Yes, sir - my oldest daughter had a couple removed, and it's pretty expensive to do it right.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Reminds me of how when Johnny Depp was dating Winona Ryder and got a tattoo reading "Winona Forever." After they broke up he got it changed to "Wino Forever."

Comment

Yes, sir - my oldest daughter had a couple removed, and it's pretty expensive to do it right.
                          FWIU more painful than getting it done as well.

Comment

If I got a tattoo, I would get one of those Mad magazine back cover things that change when you fold it.

...That way I could have one tattoo when young and another when I am old and wrinkly.

drumrollgif.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              I will be getting a new one on my 50th birthday. A full back of this guy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38923[/ATTACH]
                              Well, he's finally done after 2 years of COVID delays ... didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but my skin tone wouldn't work with that dark of a green apparently...
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Screenshot_20211206-133457_Gallery.jpg
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment