Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Do you ink bro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did they come in anything other than 4 cylinder / 2 door?
    You guys struggled in Biology class, didn't you?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      You guys struggled in Biology class, didn't you?
      "Struggled" indicates that I made any effort whatsoever.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        ...Tattoos are so common now that it's almost unique not to have one. ...
        But they are WONDERFUL for help in identifying criminals in security footage!

(Seriously, yeah.... and I've seen so many tattoos that, though they may have been cool at the time, have faded or blurred or 'warped' because the skin tone has changed, or the BODY has changed.... like that tattoo now sits on a really flabby.....)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That ogre is fantastic!
          It's terribly proportioned.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And, fortunately, Facebook and other social media options weren't there to record my own "here, hold my beer and watch this" moments.

(no tats - why mess up a perfect body?)
            I used that line because Bill once told me that's why he kept it.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              It's terribly proportioned.
              Ogres are like that...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I used that line because Bill once told me that's why he kept it.
                Yup. This one is different tho. Has a different, and personal, meaning.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That ogre is fantastic!
                  so? you can't even see it if it is on your back, and neither can anyone else. Seems like a waste of ink.

Comment

Tattoos of scars? Or REAL scars.
                    Real scars. Arrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      so? you can't even see it if it is on your back, and neither can anyone else. Seems like a waste of ink.
                      The wife can
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The wife can
                        so? It seems like you are the one who likes and wants it, not her. She would probably prefer a nice unicorn or fairy tramp stamp

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          so? It seems like you are the one who likes and wants it, not her. She would probably prefer a nice unicorn or fairy tramp stamp
                          You haven't heard her talk about it...
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I will be getting a new one on my 50th birthday. A full back of this guy:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38923[/ATTACH]
                            Looks pretty cool. Reminds me of the alternate future version of Hulk called Maestro.

Comment

So, I wonder.....

How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them?
                              How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that?
                              How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that, because they can't allow the possibility they made such a mistake?

One of my associate pastors had a tattoo of a naked woman on his right forearm. It was quite detailed. He got it in San Diego during his Navy stint, and became a Christian after that. He almost always wears long sleeve shirts, even in the Texas heat.

Comment

So, I wonder.....

How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them?
                                How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that?
                                How many people who have gotten tattoos regret getting them, but could never admit that, because they can't allow the possibility they made such a mistake?

One of my associate pastors had a tattoo of a naked woman on his right forearm. It was quite detailed. He got it in San Diego during his Navy stint, and became a Christian after that. He almost always wears long sleeve shirts, even in the Texas heat.
                                I think probably a lot of people regret them, but also a lot of people use it as a mental placeholder for a time in their life. I think it's unfortunate that so many people get what I consider throwaway tattoos like Tweety Bird or some tribal junk, rather than getting something that's genuinely sentimental or meaningful. But I think a lot of people who get tattoos think temporary rather than permanent, and I'm sure laser removal companies are loving it either way.

Comment