Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump is DEFINITELY a covert neo-nazi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Okay, so time to quit playing - you need to accept Christ and turn in your atheist card. You are arguing for numerology - you just killed every semblance of atheism.
    Numerology isn't the issue. There is numerology in the Bible. And it is uncontroversial that white supremacists really are obsessed with numerology. The issue is that it's utterly implausible that this is an example of it.

But, yes, Jim should stop his rebellion against God. If he's going to resist so hard that he makes this argument, he should examine what the real issue is.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      And while he's out, muck out the stable!
      <looks around the thread> Most the muck appears to be outside the stable, if you ask me...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        "White supremacist" is the new leftist bugaboo. It's their default club to use when someone disagrees with their brand of leftist tripe.
        The term "racist" has become dulled from overuse, so they needed something new.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Nope, it's not all of Trumps supporters, some, like I said, are apparently just blind, ignorant sheep, who don't seem to realize that they are associated with, and being led by, the basest of the base, a.k.a. "the deplorables." Which one are you?
          Did you know that 1 out of every 3 liberals is just as stupid as the other two? And statistics don't lie.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Numerology isn't the issue. There is numerology in the Bible. And it is uncontroversial that white supremacists really are obsessed with numerology. The issue is that it's utterly implausible that this is an example of it.
            Er, no - speaking as a former strong atheist, if you're arguing for numerology, you're arguing against the foundation of why you were an atheist to begin with. Granted, it's only true from the atheist POV - but that was what I was getting at.

White supremacists aren't a particular interest of mine - but that fact isn't surprising. Many Nazis (the real ones) were fascinated by the occult, prophesy and destiny - which was just as irrational given their often simultaneous contemptuous rejection of Christianity and God.

But, yes, Jim should stop his rebellion against God. If he's going to resist so hard that he makes this argument, he should examine what the real issue is.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Did you know that 1 out of every 3 liberals is just as stupid as the other two? And statistics don't lie.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Er, no - speaking as a former strong atheist, if you're arguing for numerology, you're arguing against the foundation of why you were an atheist to begin with. Granted, it's only true from the atheist POV - but that was what I was getting at.
                To be fair, Jim wasn't arguing that numerology had validity. He was arguing that Trump was pandering to a crowd that does think it has validity.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

To be fair, Jim wasn't arguing that numerology had validity. He was arguing that Trump was pandering to a crowd that does think it has validity.
                  But to make the argument, he has to use numerology. It's still really problematic for an atheist - more so the way he went about it.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

But to make the argument, he has to use numerology. It's still really problematic for an atheist - more so the way he went about it.
                    Acknowledging a (supposedly) existing social phenomenon (and among Neo-Nazis, this is a significant one) does not equate to thinking the phenomenon actually has any validity.

Comment

This is like a teacher in an Elementary School not saying the words "but," "behind" or "rear" because a couple of kids will titter because of it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Acknowledging a (supposedly) existing social phenomenon (and among Neo-Nazis, this is a significant one) does not equate to thinking the phenomenon actually has any validity.
                        Since he was arguing for a specific meaning, I don't think you are correctly representing his argument. You're doing a good job on the argument he should have made - but not the one he did.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          This is like a teacher in an Elementary School not saying the words "but," "behind" or "rear" because a couple of kids will titter because of it.
                          The proper terminology is "hiney-bo".
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm not interested in any further defenses of JimL so I'll let it go

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              In seventh grade, when we discussed sperm whales, the teacher told everybody to say "sperm" just to get it out of the way.

Comment

In seventh grade, when we discussed sperm whales, the teacher told everybody to say "sperm" just to get it out of the way.
                                And when we were studying the planets, what IDIOT named that one, you know, that makes all Junior High boys squeal with delight?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment