Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You're not helping.
    Are you helping, also with effectiveness?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      Are you helping, also with effectiveness?
      Alas, it appears that my contributions are not helping, so I'm no longer going to bother. I also haven't been trying to actively pour gasoline on the fire.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Alas, it appears that my contributions are not helping, so I'm no longer going to bother. I also haven't been trying to actively pour gasoline on the fire.
        As if demi made things worse, demi just speaks truth.

"There is no way to Win" in situation like this, is one main point of demi's.

Comment

Maybe there is one way, when idiot starts lying to himself, solution is not 'but we actually are nice!!!!' But tell him 'stop lying to self, also us, we can tell and you are being stupid'.

Once he starts believing own lies, almost always too late to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Gee, Jimmy, but that sounds kinda racist.
            What do you expect from someone who keeps touting the separate but equal doctrine

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Scott Presler gets a video of residents of West Baltimore thanking Mr. Trump for bringing attention to their neighborhood.
              Interesting and familiar fascist propaganda video, is what it is. The propaganda and not the temporary clean-up is the object of the exercise.

The mess will be back shortly.

Can a hundred volunteers clean up a city? No way.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Jim, I care - I've been very respectful of you, and have avoided anything that would cause friction between us.

OBP is weird - sometimes I can't figure out what he's saying, and he and I have had our scuffles - but I have NEVER found him to be less than forthright, and NEVER hostile just for the purpose of being hostile. I honestly think you have that one wrong.

Not to want to battle, I hereby withdraw from this conversation.

CP
                You indeed have, and there is nothing in this thread from you that was anything but useful, decent conversation. The majority here simply do not understand the difference between personal attacks and disagreement over an idea or concept.

The problem is that when someone points out the difference, usually the response is to get even meaner, even more personal.

At this point, i simply am not allowed to post without it being taken as an opportunity to inject personal attacks. Sometimes the entirety of the response is personal attack - especially if I respond to protect myself or point out the post contained personal attack The responses are not "I think you are wrong because ...", they are "YOU are and idiot to think that ..." or just "YOU are an idiot".(paraphrases)

What I am unable to comprehend is how people can be so oblivious to why that can be abusive when a large number of people do it to one person continuosly and without reprieve. And it is not just me that is the target of that sort of abusive tack.

And it is not just TWEB. Online comments are almost universally punctuated with the most inhuman unkindness and callous disregard for others.

But I had hoped and still hope that Christians on a Christian sponsred site could be encouraged not to join the world in this and as they converse with others on internet chat and conversation boards. I still hope that even those that are still mocking me in this thread can find a conscience, can find decency and love for the people on the other end of these conversations even when they disagree strongly with them.

We are not put here to spew vile and destructive content in our posts like the rest of the word. Jiml, tassman, charles, carpe, etc. These are all people, not disembodied inhuman voices. They are all people for whom Christ died. People whose worth before God was such thst He was willing to lay down his life for them. And they all deserve to be treated with respect even if sometimes they annoy or antagonize, to see Christ in those here that name the nane of Christ, the love, compssion, and self-sacrifice that drove Him to the Cross.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  You indeed have, and there is nothing in this thread from you that was anything but useful, decent conversation. The majority here simply do not understand the difference between personal attacks and disagreement over an idea or concept.

The problem is that when someone points out the difference, usually the response is to get even meaner, even more personal.

At this point, i simply am not allowed to post without it being taken as an opportunity to inject personal attacks. Sometimes the entirety of the response is personal attack - especially if I respond to protect myself or point out the post contained personal attack The responses are not "I think you are wrong because ...", they are "YOU are and idiot to think that ..." or just "YOU are an idiot".(paraphrases)

What I am unable to comprehend is how people can be so oblivious to why that can be abusive when a large number of people do it to one person continuosly and without reprieve. And it is not just me that is the target of that sort of abusive tack.

And it is not just TWEB. Online comments are almost universally punctuated with the most inhuman unkindness and callous disregard for others.

But I had hoped and still hope that Christians on a Christian sponsred site could be encouraged not to join the world in this and as they converse with others on internet chat and conversation boards. I still hope that even those that are still mocking me in this thread can find a conscience, can find decency and love for the people on the other end of these conversations even when they disagree strongly with them.

We are not put here to spew vile and destructive content in our posts like the rest of the word. Jiml, tassman, charles, carpe, etc. These are all people, not disembodied inhuman voices. They are all people for whom Christ died. People whose worth before God was such thst He was willing to lay down his life for them. And they all deserve to be treated with respect even if sometimes they annoy or antagonize, to see Christ in those here that name the nane of Christ, the love, compssion, and self-sacrifice that drove Him to the Cross.

Jim
                  First of all, you need to drop the victim mentality and your rush to blame everybody else. It's not helping you.

Secondly, you mention JimL, Tassman, Charles, etc. and say that we should treat them better, but these are people who have been members of this forum for many, many years and have had the truth of the gospel carefully and clearly explained to them hundreds, and possibly even thousands of times, but they spit in our face and mock the cross. Even Jesus didn't put up with that kind of nonsense and had no problem with putting mockers in their place. I can't see how we should be expected to do any less.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    You started with the bad attitude, and Teal only tried to show you a mirror of your behavior. Instead of using it for self reflection you went and attacked her.

I've been the recipient of actual bullying, and mental and physical torture.What you are getting is mild push back from people you have treated like garbage. You devalue the term bullying by using it to describe what has happened here?
                    So have I. To the point at one time I had a knife drawn on me in high school. Another time litterally spat upon by someone. You and Teal are nothing special in that regard. That you think you were only mirroring me is interesting, but incorrect. It has gone way beyond a simple mirror. As for self refection, where is the evidence any of my attackers have engaged in one moment of self refection?

CP is one of the few that is actually trying to take a step back and interact with me without continuing personal attacks in response to a previosly percieved wrong. And the irony there is that of all the people here that i've lost my battle with decency over, i was perhaps the harshest with him.

OK, I will accept my part in this:

I hereby apologize to Teal, CP, Sparko, MM, or any other TWEB person i've lost the battle with decency with and succombed to the tempstion to lash out because of a percieved attack. And I commit to all of you to do the best I can not to repeat the offense.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

First of all, you need to drop the victim mentality and your rush to blame everybody else. It's not helping you.

Secondly, you mention JimL, Tassman, Charles, etc. and say that we should treat them better, but these are people who have been members of this forum for many, many years and have had the truth of the gospel carefully and clearly explained to them hundreds, and possibly even thousands of times, but they spit in our face and mock the cross. Even Jesus didn't put up with that kind of nonsense and had no problem with putting mockers in their place. I can't see how we should be expected to do any less.
                      I do not believe anything you have mentioned here justifies cruel or abusive behavior. There are literally thousands of ways to express disagreement that do not involve personal attack. Repetition is not an excuse. We forgive 70x7. Attacks on us is not an excuse - we turn the other cheek. I do not here reference myself as an example but acknowlege I need to strive to these as much as any other person.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Then, by golly, let the rubbish pile up!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                          Well, I've been challenged to post nicer to JimL -- that'll keep me busy for a while.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                            Scott Presler gets a video of residents of West Baltimore thanking Mr. Trump for bringing attention to their neighborhood.
                            Interesting and familiar fascist propaganda video, is what it is. The propaganda and not the temporary clean-up is the object of the exercise.

The mess will be back shortly.

You're right, a hundred people can't possibly make a difference, let alone an individual, so let's all throw our hands in the air and live a life of pure selfishness. It's the only way.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

You're right, a hundred people can't possibly make a difference, let alone an individual, so let's all throw our hands in the air and live a life of pure selfishness. It's the only way.
                              What I mean is that this stunt is not intended to make a difference, and it won’t. No, this is just Presler doing a Joseph Goebbels.

Having said that, I agree that we ought to encourage communities to work together to improve their personal living conditions. It happens in lots of places. The timing of this event is to help Trump more than the people of Baltimore.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                What I mean is that this stunt is not intended to make a difference, and it won’t.
                                But it did. When a neighborhood looks like a dump, there's no reason not to dump additional trash. When you have a clean slate, it's a lot more impactful to dump that first load of trash.

Let's pretend you're capable of actual discourse -- are you aware of the broken windows theory?

Comment