Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Now Trump supporters are bad for rolling up their sleeves and doing something about Baltimore. Seriously, you can't please these people.

Source: The Daily Wire

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    Trump could say he has found the cure for every known disease and the headlines would say:

“Trump bankrupts Hospitals; puts millions of healthcare workers out of work”
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

Don't you ever get tired of living in the delusion that everyone here on TWeb is out for your blood?
      Amount of time I put into trying to ‘get oxi’:
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        the compound Trek name
        Wow. I would never had made that connection. For years I've thought it was some sort of weird plowing metaphor or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Wow. I would never had made that connection. For years I've thought it was some sort of weird plowing metaphor or something.
          It's the result of combining the names of two characters from the original series: Bela Oxmyx, a mob boss from A Piece of the Action and Harry Mudd, a comical conman in several episodes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't you ever get tired of living in the delusion that everyone here on TWeb is out for your blood?
            With teal - it isn't a delusion ... but you not noticing her irrational hostility aimed at me only helps reinforce that idea that what you are calling a 'delusion' is not a delusion at all.

Jim

PS: Anyone notice that of the 5 people that have posted to me in this thread, only one (CP) had any positive purpose. Some were just plain mean.
            Anyone notice that other than defending myself against those attacks I've been trying to discuss the topic?

So - is it a delusion after all?
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-08-2019, 01:20 PM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              With teal - it isn't a delusion ... but you not noticing her irrational hostility aimed at me only helps reinforce that idea that you are calling a 'delusion' is not a delusion at all.

Jim

PS: Anyone notice that of the 5 people that have posted to me in this thread, only one (CP) had any positive purpose. Some were just plain mean.
              Anyone notice that other than defending myself against those attacks I've been trying to discuss the topic?

So - is it a delusion after all?
              Given that it's neither irrational nor hostility, yes. You said something stupid, and she called you on it. Since you didn't take that well, she put you on ignore. All she did in this thread was politely remind you of that.

Further, your idea of 'defense' appears to be 'the best defense is a good offense.' I'm not say that this is a bad thing, just pointing it out.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

With teal - it isn't a delusion ... but you not noticing her irrational hostility aimed at me only helps reinforce that idea that you are calling a 'delusion' is not a delusion at all.

Jim
                I've read Teal's interactions with you. You're stretching the truth like it's taffy by accusing her of 'irrational hostility'. If someone so much at hints at the idea that maybe you're not handling any issue that has even the slightest relation to Trump rationally you basically go off the hinges and accuse that person of having it out for you personally, regardless of whether those accusations have any connection to reality or not.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  It's the result of combining the names of two characters from the original series: Bela Oxmyx, a mob boss from A Piece of the Action and Harry Mudd, a comical conman in several episodes.
                  Yes, I'm a big enough Star Trek (the original series) nerd to know the references.

Comment

I've read Teal's interactions with you. You're stretching the truth like it's taffy by accusing her of 'irrational hostility'. If someone so much at hints at the idea that maybe you're not handling any issue that has even the slightest relation to Trump rationally you basically go off the hinges and accuse that person of having it out for you personally, regardless of whether those accusations have any connection to reality or not.
                    Thanks (OBP and Chrawnus) for confirming it's not a delusion.

Sigh.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Discovery doesn’t make Harry Mudd look very good.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Discovery doesn’t make Harry Mudd look very good.
                        Are you saying that he looked good in the original series?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you saying that he looked good in the original series?
                          I didn’t care for Harry Mudd in either version really. Discovery had him using a device where he can repeat a moment of time over and over again. He uses this ability to try to steal Discovery and sell it. He simply blows up the ship and resets everything each time he fails, which had members of the crew dying in some pretty messed up ways, again and again. It makes him out to be quite sadistic.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The truth is, having been down there enough to know, some of the poor people in Baltimore don't take care of their neighborhoods very well. So there is an element of Truth in this whole thing that is depressing.

That said, Baltimore's troubles where just a pawn in Trumps latest bullying tactic and they are rightly offended at being used in that way. His attacks on Cummings are not a lot different than his attacks on the appearance of the wives of some of his former opponents. Mean, below the belt. Typical disgraceful behavior from the man.

As for the cleanup by the white guy and his friends. That is an awkward thing. It's just as easily a rebuke of the people that live there as a helping hand. But the reality is Baltimore needs help - they just don't need it in a way that is a slap in the face from people that despise them.

See if you can tell the difference between these two:

1) A stranger shows up at your house and immediately says - BTW, so and so said your house is a mess, I'm here to clean it up for you since you are too lazy to clean it up yourself.

2) A friend drops buy and says - Gee, I've heard you've been having quite the struggle the last few months and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help you out - can I take some time to clean up a bit or cook you a meal?

So what was this one? I don't honestly know - but it would take a skilled and gracious person to make it look like 2) rather than 1). And given the hostility of the source of the action (Trump's attacks on Cummings) , I'm not sure there is any way the majority of the people there would not see it at least as having some of the characteristics of 1 - even if they appreciated the help and even if the participants were kind and gracious to the locals.

Jim
                            Of course it was a ploy. There are many cities that have areas like that in Baltimore, so why are Trump supporters in Baltimore? I think it's obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Of course it was a ploy. There are many cities that have areas like that in Baltimore, so why are Trump supporters in Baltimore? I think it's obvious!
                              Oh please do tell

Comment

Sigh.

Jim
                                That makes two of us.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment