Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Can a hundred volunteers clean up a city? No way.
    Then, by golly, let the rubbish pile up!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You indeed have, and there is nothing in this thread from you that was anything but useful, decent conversation. The majority here simply do not understand the difference between personal attacks and disagreement over an idea or concept.

The problem is that when someone points out the difference, usually the response is to get even meaner, even more personal.

At this point, i simply am not allowed to post without it being taken as an opportunity to inject personal attacks. Sometimes the entirety of the response is personal attack - especially if I respond to protect myself or point out the post contained personal attack The responses are not "I think you are wrong because ...", they are "YOU are and idiot to think that ..." or just "YOU are an idiot".(paraphrases)

What I am unable to comprehend is how people can be so oblivious to why that can be abusive when a large number of people do it to one person continuosly and without reprieve. And it is not just me that is the target of that sort of abusive tack.

And it is not just TWEB. Online comments are almost universally punctuated with the most inhuman unkindness and callous disregard for others.

But I had hoped and still hope that Christians on a Christian sponsred site could be encouraged not to join the world in this and as they converse with others on internet chat and conversation boards. I still hope that even those that are still mocking me in this thread can find a conscience, can find decency and love for the people on the other end of these conversations even when they disagree strongly with them.

We are not put here to spew vile and destructive content in our posts like the rest of the word. Jiml, tassman, charles, carpe, etc. These are all people, not disembodied inhuman voices. They are all people for whom Christ died. People whose worth before God was such thst He was willing to lay down his life for them. And they all deserve to be treated with respect even if sometimes they annoy or antagonize, to see Christ in those here that name the nane of Christ, the love, compssion, and self-sacrifice that drove Him to the Cross.

Jim
    Well, I've been challenged to post nicer to JimL -- that'll keep me busy for a while.

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    Scott Presler gets a video of residents of West Baltimore thanking Mr. Trump for bringing attention to their neighborhood.
    Interesting and familiar fascist propaganda video, is what it is. The propaganda and not the temporary clean-up is the object of the exercise.

The mess will be back shortly.

Can a hundred volunteers clean up a city? No way.
    You're right, a hundred people can't possibly make a difference, let alone an individual, so let's all throw our hands in the air and live a life of pure selfishness. It's the only way.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

6. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You're right, a hundred people can't possibly make a difference, let alone an individual, so let's all throw our hands in the air and live a life of pure selfishness. It's the only way.
    What I mean is that this stunt is not intended to make a difference, and it won’t. No, this is just Presler doing a Joseph Goebbels.

Having said that, I agree that we ought to encourage communities to work together to improve their personal living conditions. It happens in lots of places. The timing of this event is to help Trump more than the people of Baltimore.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What I mean is that this stunt is not intended to make a difference, and it won’t.
    But it did. When a neighborhood looks like a dump, there's no reason not to dump additional trash. When you have a clean slate, it's a lot more impactful to dump that first load of trash.

Let's pretend you're capable of actual discourse -- are you aware of the broken windows theory?

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtfloor View Post
    What I mean is that this stunt is not intended to make a difference, and it won’t.
    Yes, it's always best to assume the worst of those doing good, and to insist that their efforts won't really make a difference.

It's attitudes like yours that make the world a better place.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You're not helping.
    That is never his intent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

12. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    But it did. When a neighborhood looks like a dump, there's no reason not to dump additional trash. When you have a clean slate, it's a lot more impactful to dump that first load of trash.

Let's pretend you're capable of actual discourse -- are you aware of the broken windows theory?
    Let’s hope that you are right. Let’s see that effort being sustained and supported.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Let’s hope that you are right. Let’s see that effort being sustained and supported.
    If I lived in one of those neighborhoods, and a bunch of people came and cleaned up all the garbage, I'd be far more grateful than critical. Might consider that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    gift horse.jpg

Go ahead and look - just don't blame us when you get bit.