Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 192

Thread: There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

  1. #91
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,258
    Amen (Given)
    1107
    Amen (Received)
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So as it is now, I have no capacity for defense against personal, below the belt attack unless honest people observing what is happening will speak up.
    No need to say anymore. Personal attacks will say more about the poster than you.

    It is always strange seeing these discussions getting so personal. I thought part of the idea was to discuss and exchange ideas.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  2. #92
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,241
    Amen (Given)
    1644
    Amen (Received)
    1452
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Because Baltimore was in the news for this issue.

    Complaining that a group does something good is silly - doing so loudly only gives them good PR and your side bad. So, if you truly believe this, you're helping the very thing you object to.
    No, it wasn't in the news for that issue, it was in the news because of Trumps political attack of a Baltimore congressman and the people of his district. Those people had underlying motives otherwise they'd be cleaning up their own cities, never mind travelling to Baltimore.

  3. #93
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,548
    Amen (Given)
    8409
    Amen (Received)
    5369
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, it wasn't in the news for that issue, it was in the news because of Trumps political attack of a Baltimore congressman and the people of his district. Those people had underlying motives otherwise they'd be cleaning up their own cities, never mind travelling to Baltimore.
    Trump saying stuff wasn't what made this an issue - media hype did that. Either way, you've proven the OP thesis true.


  4. Amen Cow Poke, RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  5. #94
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,871
    Amen (Given)
    5651
    Amen (Received)
    5912
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I notice the irony of the victim mentality in the second part of your post right after you asked someone else to drop it.
    You only think it's ironic because you don't understand the difference between a personal enemy, and a corporate enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    The worst part is that the radical message of Jesus, his message that you should love the least of these, that you should even love your enemies, seemingly leads people to conclude that it is ok to dehumanize, it is ok to put children in cages, it is ok to rely on personal attacks and it is ok to rely on relativism.
    Right, life would be so much easier for you anti-Christian bigots if Christians would do their best impersonation of a doormat and let you walk all over them. Was Jesus being unloving when he publicly insulted enemies of the gospel and put them in their place? Of course not, but your selective and self-serving resoling of scripture turns Jesus into a "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrite and undermines what you call his "radical message".

    And don't pretend for a second that you're in anyway impressed or inspired by the gospel message, because the only time I've ever seen you reference scripture is when you hypocritically think you can use it to shame Christians into silence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  6. Amen Teallaura, Cerebrum123, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  7. #95
    tWebber firstfloor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    invalid value
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,034
    Amen (Given)
    19
    Amen (Received)
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Attachment 38958

    That little rant does not speak to the motive of Scott Pressler but does speak volumes about your own fetid imagination. But then, why should I bother, since you really are nothing more than a
    The devil himself is popping nice sweet grapes in your mouth. Yum, yum.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

  8. #96
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,241
    Amen (Given)
    1644
    Amen (Received)
    1452
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Trump saying stuff wasn't what made this an issue - media hype did that. Either way, you've proven the OP thesis true.

    Yes, Trump saying stuff is exactly what made this an issue. And yes, we do hate lying, theiving, treasonous wannabe dictators living in our house.

  9. #97
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,258
    Amen (Given)
    1107
    Amen (Received)
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You only think it's ironic because you don't understand the difference between a personal enemy, and a corporate enemy.
    I don't have any enemies. I disagree with some posters but that is something quite different. It is as simple as that. Talking about personal or corparate enemies seems rather strange to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Right, life would be so much easier for you anti-Christian bigots if Christians would do their best impersonation of a doormat and let you walk all over them.
    So, here again we have this false idea that because I disagree with some Christians but agree with some others and occasionally quote them I must somehow be anti-Christian. The logic is a little hard to understand. And where did I ever ask anyone to be the impersonation of a doormat? We are looking at an ad hominem and a straw man here.

    It seems to me you lack the understanding that others could just honestly disagree with you without them having bad intentions, mocking or whatever. It also seems to me you have a hard time accepting that other Christians see things different. I have quoted Micheal Gerson many times, and he is a Christian whom I read and find very inspiring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Was Jesus being unloving when he publicly insulted enemies of the gospel and put them in their place? Of course not, but your selective and self-serving resoling of scripture turns Jesus into a "Do as I say, not as I do" hypocrite and undermines what you call his "radical message".
    Another personal attack that is not based on facts. Jesus putting people in their place is not your excuse to make false statements about what I hold to be true or how I see Jesus. You are not using but misusing his example in this case. Whatever you might hope to make readers believe I will know that what you are saying simply is not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And don't pretend for a second that you're in anyway impressed or inspired by the gospel message, because the only time I've ever seen you reference scripture is when you hypocritically think you can use it to shame Christians into silence.
    Again you obviously have to rely on personal attacks in order to justify your statements and your approach. You have seen me refer to scripture when I think it contains wisdom and guidance on how we should live our lives and how we should treat others. If you think that is to shame Christians into silence, then that is your interpretation. I don't see how quoting Christians and arguing that what they are saying is right can be understood as shaming Christians. At least it shows that you seemingly do not understand or accept that some Christians disagree with you.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

  10. #98
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,487
    Amen (Given)
    11871
    Amen (Received)
    25280
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    When I read the Bible,
    How often is that, and for what purpose?

    I am confronted with a strength and a message that is not only far beyond what I see on tweb. It is also radically different in quite many cases.
    Of that, there is no doubt.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  12. #99
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,487
    Amen (Given)
    11871
    Amen (Received)
    25280
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Because Baltimore was in the news for this issue.

    Complaining that a group does something good is silly - doing so loudly only gives them good PR and your side bad. So, if you truly believe this, you're helping the very thing you object to.
    It is amazing how easily hate can turn good deeds into evil actions. The residents were pleased the good deeds were being done, and the haters complain vigorously.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  14. #100
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,258
    Amen (Given)
    1107
    Amen (Received)
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    How often is that, and for what purpose?
    Rather often and for quite many and often overlapping reasons: interest, inspiration and truth.
    "This is why in my debates with atheists and agnostics I always try to treat them with charity and civility and not engage in name-calling or insults or even just interruptions. I think that is uncivil discourse." - Dr. William Lane Craig.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •