Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Now Trump supporters are bad for rolling up their sleeves and doing something about Baltimore. Seriously, you can't please these people.

Source: The Daily Wire

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Now Trump supporters are bad for rolling up their sleeves and doing something about Baltimore. Seriously, you can't please these people.

Source: The Daily Wire

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    The truth is, having been down there enough to know, some of the poor people in Baltimore don't take care of their neighborhoods very well. So there is an element of Truth in this whole thing that is depressing.

That said, Baltimore's troubles where just a pawn in Trumps latest bullying tactic and they are rightly offended at being used in that way. His attacks on Cummings are not a lot different than his attacks on the appearance of the wives of some of his former opponents. Mean, below the belt. Typical disgraceful behavior from the man.

As for the cleanup by the white guy and his friends. That is an awkward thing. It's just as easily a rebuke of the people that live there as a helping hand. But the reality is Baltimore needs help - they just don't need it in a way that is a slap in the face from people that despise them.

See if you can tell the difference between these two:

1) A stranger shows up at your house and immediately says - BTW, so and so said your house is a mess, I'm here to clean it up for you since you are too lazy to clean it up yourself.

2) A friend drops buy and says - Gee, I've heard you've been having quite the struggle the last few months and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help you out - can I take some time to clean up a bit or cook you a meal?

So what was this one? I don't honestly know - but it would take a skilled and gracious person to make it look like 2) rather than 1). And given the hostility of the source of the action (Trump's attacks on Cummings) , I'm not sure there is any way the majority of the people there would not see it at least as having some of the characteristics of 1 - even if they appreciated the help and even if the participants were kind and gracious to the locals.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

? Was there some part of 'ignore' you didn't understand?

You're perfectly welcome in the thread - but I won't be seeing your posts.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        ? Was there some part of 'ignore' you didn't understand?

You're perfectly welcome in the thread - but I won't be seeing your posts.
        I am not concerned about you having me on ignore. It just saves me the misery of your hostility of late. Nevertheless, there will be others reading the thread and the topic is of interest to me.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

One must wonder if the TDS-addled forum user with the compound Trek name has even read the article. Most likely he either ignored it or, in his TDS-fueled mania, waved it aside as mere MAGA propaganda.

The article did not in any way disparage the inhabitants. The article cited several tweets from the cleaning team, and they were all uplifting, non-partisan, and non-disparaging. The article made clear that it was the odious anti-Trump *media* that were the snarky, divisive turd-burgers.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            The truth is, having been down there enough to know, some of the poor people in Baltimore don't take care of their neighborhoods very well. So there is an element of Truth in this whole thing that is depressing.

That said, Baltimore's troubles where just a pawn in Trumps latest bullying tactic and they are rightly offended at being used in that way. His attacks on Cummings are not a lot different than his attacks on the appearance of the wives of some of his former opponents. Mean, below the belt. Typical disgraceful behavior from the man.

As for the cleanup by the white guy and his friends. That is an awkward thing. It's just as easily a rebuke of the people that live there as a helping hand. But the reality is Baltimore needs help - they just don't need it in a way that is a slap in the face from people that despise them.

See if you can tell the difference between these two:

1) A stranger shows up at your house and immediately says - BTW, so and so said your house is a mess, I'm here to clean it up for you since you are too lazy to clean it up yourself.

2) A friend drops buy and says - Gee, I've heard you've been having quite the struggle the last few months and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help you out - can I take some time to clean up a bit or cook you a meal?

So what was this one? I don't honestly know - but it would take a skilled and gracious person to make it look like 2) rather than 1). And given the hostility of the source of the action (Trump's attacks on Cummings) , I'm not sure there is any way the majority of the people there would not see it at least as having some of the characteristics of 1 - even if they appreciated the help and even if the participants were kind and gracious to the locals.

Jim
            Jim, did you miss the part where it said "While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler..."

That doesn't sound like THEY took it as a slap in the face.

ETA: My impression (though I may be wrong) is that the attack is on the city government for not removing trash and doing their thing -- not on the residents. Trump's point seems to have been that, under liberal leadership, they can't even 'make the trains run on time'.
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-08-2019, 09:10 AM.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              One must wonder if the TDS-addled forum user with the compound Trek name has even read the article. Most likely he either ignored it or, in his TDS-fueled mania, waved it aside as mere MAGA propaganda.

The article did not in any way disparage the inhabitants. The article cited several tweets from the cleaning team, and they were all uplifting, non-partisan, and non-disparaging. The article made clear that it was the odious anti-Trump *media* that were the snarky, divisive turd-burgers.
              And you clearly are not reading my post but rather are addled by 'complex trek named person is bad' syndrome.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Jim, did you miss the part where it said "While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler..."
                I did not miss that at all CP. And I did not disparage them for trying to help - as long as the attempt was not a 'we are better than you' sort of action. If you'll read my entire post, you notice that I address the complexity of avoiding that sort if an impact. It is not trivial to avoid that sort of thing when you walk into someone's mess and offer to clean it up - which was the point of the last half of my post.

That doesn't sound like THEY took it as a slap in the face.

ETA: My impression (though I may be wrong) is that the attack is on the city government for not removing trash and doing their thing -- not on the residents. Trump's point seems to have been that, under liberal leadership, they can't even 'make the trains run on time'.
                Well, having been down there - it's not trash on the streets the government didn't pick up. It's some subset of people living there being slobs to the point it's overwhelming for the remainder of the population. I don't know why its that way, but I live in a pretty decent area of maryland, and there is a significantly larger part of the population than I'm used to even outside of baltimore that seem to think it's ok to just toss their McDonalds cups or plastic bags on the side of the road. It's disgusting. And it certainly is more common here than anywhere I lived in NC.

Jim

Comment

I am not concerned about you having me on ignore. It just saves me the misery of your hostility of late. Nevertheless, there will be others reading the thread and the topic is of interest to me.

Jim
                  Well - almost. Teal still makes sure she "amen's" every post that is aimed at criticizing me one way or the other.

Your 'master' has taught you well ...

Jim

Comment

I did not miss that at all CP. And I did not disparage them for trying to help - as long as the attempt was not a 'we are better than you' sort of action. If you'll read my entire post, you notice that I address the complexity of avoiding that sort if an impact. It is not trivial to avoid that sort of thing when you walk into someone's mess and offer to clean it up - which was the point of the last half of my post.
                    The point is, all speculation aside, it appears the residents appreciated the help. Isn't that what's important?

Well, having been down there - it's not trash on the streets the government didn't pick up. It's some subset of people living there being slobs to the point it's overwhelming for the remainder of the population. I don't know why its that way, but I live in a pretty decent area of maryland, and there is a significantly larger part of the population than I'm used to even outside of baltimore that seem to think it's ok to just toss their McDonalds cups or plastic bags on the side of the road. It's disgusting. And it certainly is more common here than anywhere I lived in NC.

Jim
                    I think it's very much like the "broken windows" paradigm. Somebody gets careless, the neighbors see it's no big deal to leave stuff laying around your yard, time goes on....

We have some neighborhoods around here where the residents are primarily German. They take pride in NEAT AND CLEAN, almost to OCD level --- "neat and clean" can be contagious.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here is a complete list of things House Democrats have done for the benefit of America since 2018:

(Feel free to add to the list.)
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        The point is, all speculation aside, it appears the residents appreciated the help. Isn't that what's important?
                        As long as it was seen as being done in a spirit of goodwill and kindness, it's a good thing, no doubt about that.

I think it's very much like the "broken windows" paradigm. Somebody gets careless, the neighbors see it's no big deal to leave stuff laying around your yard, time goes on....

We have some neighborhoods around here where the residents are primarily German. They take pride in NEAT AND CLEAN, almost to OCD level --- "neat and clean" can be contagious.
                        I agree.

Jim

Comment

As long as it was seen as being done in a spirit of goodwill and kindness, it's a good thing, no doubt about that.

I agree.

Jim
                          We just had a civil discussion! Perhaps we should stop talking now*.

*good-natured kidding intended!

Comment

Jim
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well - almost. Teal still makes sure she "amen's" every post that is aimed at criticizing me one way or the other.

Jim

Don't you ever get tired of living in the delusion that everyone here on TWeb is out for your blood?

Comment