Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is a complete list of things House Democrats have done for the benefit of America since 2018:

(Feel free to add to the list.)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The point is, all speculation aside, it appears the residents appreciated the help. Isn't that what's important?
    As long as it was seen as being done in a spirit of goodwill and kindness, it's a good thing, no doubt about that.

I think it's very much like the "broken windows" paradigm. Somebody gets careless, the neighbors see it's no big deal to leave stuff laying around your yard, time goes on....

We have some neighborhoods around here where the residents are primarily German. They take pride in NEAT AND CLEAN, almost to OCD level --- "neat and clean" can be contagious.
    I agree.

Jim
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    As long as it was seen as being done in a spirit of goodwill and kindness, it's a good thing, no doubt about that.

I agree.

Jim
    We just had a civil discussion! Perhaps we should stop talking now*.

*good-natured kidding intended!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your 'master' has taught you well ...

Jim
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well - almost. Teal still makes sure she "amen's" every post that is aimed at criticizing me one way or the other.

Your 'master' has taught you well ...

Jim

Don't you ever get tired of living in the delusion that everyone here on TWeb is out for your blood?

6. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Now Trump supporters are bad for rolling up their sleeves and doing something about Baltimore. Seriously, you can't please these people.

Source: The Daily Wire

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

© Copyright Original Source

Source
    Trump could say he has found the cure for every known disease and the headlines would say:

“Trump bankrupts Hospitals; puts millions of healthcare workers out of work”
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

8. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post

Don't you ever get tired of living in the delusion that everyone here on TWeb is out for your blood?
    Amount of time I put into trying to ‘get oxi’:
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    the compound Trek name
    Wow. I would never had made that connection. For years I've thought it was some sort of weird plowing metaphor or something.

11. Amen Teallaura, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    Wow. I would never had made that connection. For years I've thought it was some sort of weird plowing metaphor or something.
    It's the result of combining the names of two characters from the original series: Bela Oxmyx, a mob boss from A Piece of the Action and Harry Mudd, a comical conman in several episodes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

13. Amen Teallaura, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post

With teal - it isn't a delusion ... but you not noticing her irrational hostility aimed at me only helps reinforce that idea that what you are calling a 'delusion' is not a delusion at all.

Jim

PS: Anyone notice that of the 5 people that have posted to me in this thread, only one (CP) had any positive purpose. Some were just plain mean.
    Anyone notice that other than defending myself against those attacks I've been trying to discuss the topic?

So - is it a delusion after all?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-08-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"