Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Gee, Jimmy, but that sounds kinda racist.
    It's how Comrade Jimmy's mind works.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I really tried to address the topic.

After the brief exchange between cp and I this thread has been dominated by snide and nasty attacks on me, not my ideas about the topic.

That is not something I did, and it is something I tried very much to avoid.

Jim

Ah yes, because this is a perfect example of trying to avoid provoking people into "attacking" you:

Well - almost. Teal still makes sure she "amen's" every post that is aimed at criticizing me one way or the other.

Your 'master' has taught you well ...

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

Ah yes, because this is a perfect example of trying to avoid provoking people into "attacking" you:
        I could see where that might make teal want to respond. I have no idea why it would provoke you, or cerebrum123, or pix, or rummtum, or MM, or whoever else has piled on in this thread. (I've lost count)

You really can't see that all those people telling me how stupid, insane, dumb, and/or evil I am over a comment to teal about what I perceive as her being off the rails might feel a bit like the entire site basically despises me?

A large number of the comments here are nothing more than people wanting simply to get another chance to say something mean to me. They have no positive or useful purpose.

Yet that is ok? That proves I'm the fellow that is messed up?

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It's how Comrade Jimmy's mind works.
          Context Moscowpoke, context. You must learn to keep in mind the context of your comrade, Rostov-on-Don Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Context Moscowpoke, context. You must learn to keep in mind the context of your comrade, Rostov-on-Don Trump.
            Jimmy, Honey, it's YOUR buddies addressing one another as Comrade! Get with the program!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I could see where that might make teal want to respond. I have no idea why it would provoke you, or cerebrum123, or pix, or rummtum, or MM, or whoever else has piled on in this thread. (I've lost count)

You really can't see that all those people telling me how stupid, insane, dumb, and/or evil I am over a comment to teal about what I perceive as her being off the rails might feel a bit like the entire site basically despises me?

A large number of the comments here are nothing more than people wanting simply to get another chance to say something mean to me. They have no positive or useful purpose.

Jim
              The messed up bit is that you think this is what is happening here, Jim. I am at a loss as to how to explain that to you without it being labeled an "attack"; your interpretation of events is now unfalsifiable. I will never, EVER, say anything mean to someone just for the sake of doing so. I am highly offended that you would ever think I am doing that.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Jim
                You don't see why your own bad attitude towards a friend of ours, and what appears to be a dishonest misrepresentation of her would cause us to push back against you? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  The messed up bit is that you think this is what is happening here, Jim. I am at a loss as to how to explain that to you without it being labeled an "attack"; your interpretation of events is now unfalsifiable. I will never, EVER, say anything mean to someone just for the sake of doing so. I am highly offended that you would ever think I am doing that.
                  OBP is so charitable in this regard that sometimes I just wanna SMACK him.

I think, Jim, that you're seeing something that really isn't there, particularly with regard to the Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    This is all very one sided. You people have hurt me deeply - and you do not care. All you see is that I don't like trump and that is sufficient excuse to treat me like dung. And you won't even take five seconds to put yourselves in my shoes.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      New York is the dirtiest city in the U.S., so what were they doing in Baltimore. Are they going to New York next, or Los Angeles, or Chicago. Of course they're not, use your brain, figure it out.
                      Because Baltimore was in the news for this issue.

Complaining that a group does something good is silly - doing so loudly only gives them good PR and your side bad. So, if you truly believe this, you're helping the very thing you object to.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

This is all very one sided. You people have hurt me deeply - and you do not care. All you see is that I don't like trump and that is sufficient excuse to treat me like dung. And you won't even take five seconds to put yourselves in my shoes.

Jim
                        Jim, I care - I've been very respectful of you, and have avoided anything that would cause friction between us.

OBP is weird - sometimes I can't figure out what he's saying, and he and I have had our scuffles - but I have NEVER found him to be less than forthright, and NEVER hostile just for the purpose of being hostile. I honestly think you have that one wrong.

Not to want to battle, I hereby withdraw from this conversation.

CP

Comment

Jim
                          You started with the bad attitude, and Teal only tried to show you a mirror of your behavior. Instead of using it for self reflection you went and attacked her.

I've been the recipient of actual bullying, and mental and physical torture.What you are getting is mild push back from people you have treated like garbage. You devalue the term bullying by using it to describe what has happened here?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

Who pays that much attention to amens?

I gotta scroll faster - I'm trying not to read any of his stuff...
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

TDS sufferer insane cos of Trump, becomes mean to friends.

'But I'm not mean person, so must be them!!!'

Lies, then worse lies. Sad.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                                TDS sufferer insane cos of Trump, becomes mean to friends.

'But I'm not mean person, so must be them!!!'

Lies, then worse lies. Sad.
                                You're not helping.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment