Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Who was it, WC Fields?, who was asked why he was reading the Bible? "Looking for loopholes, my boy, looking for loopholes".
    Or the man drawing lines through the pages of his Bible.

"Underlining your favorite verses?" inquired an observer.

"No," replied the man. "I'm crossing out all the stuff that doesn't apply to me!"
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Allow me to repeat myself: "When I read the Bible, I am confronted with a strength and a message that is not only far beyond what I see on tweb. It is also radically different in quite many cases."
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
        Allow me to repeat myself: "When I read the Bible, I am confronted with a strength and a message that is not only far beyond what I see on tweb. It is also radically different in quite many cases."
        Right, we're not the doormat Christians you want us to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Right, we're not the doormat Christians you want us to be.
          You could start by telling the truth. I have already told you I don't ask anyone to be a doormat...
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

You could start by telling the truth. I have already told you I don't ask anyone to be a doormat...
            You don't ask it, you just expect it.

Comment

You don't ask it, you just expect it.
              Wrong again. So another post with name calling and a false statement. Let me know if you want a real discussion.

Comment

Let me know if you want a real discussion.
                You first.

You claim to be a student of the Bible. Go post something substantive in the Apologetics forum, and I'll see if it's worth my time.

Comment

You first.

You claim to be a student of the Bible. Go post something substantive in the Apologetics forum, and I'll see if it's worth my time.
                  Because if I don't I am not reading the Bible? Strange logic after a number of false statements about me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Allow me to repeat myself: "When I read the Bible, I am confronted with a strength and a message that is not only far beyond what I see on tweb. It is also radically different in quite many cases."
                    Yes, because when something is repeated, it magically becomes more truererererer.

I simply don't believe you - but that's OK, I'm just a guy on the internet. It really shouldn't bother you.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Okay, I tried to ignore this, but this extremely distorted version of events is too much for me.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      It is bullying, as is this section of your post. I have been verbally spit upon over and over in this thread alone, and having actually been spat upon, it doesnt feel much different.
                      No, it isn't. An occasional "mean" word directed your way is not bullying. What you are receiving is mild compared to have been dishing out.

As for what you endured, that is truly sad, and am not going to play a game of one upsmanship with you. But you and teal act like I know nothing of what it means to be bullied or abused, and that is simply false.
                      And you act as if minor push back to your hostility is bullying, which it simply is not. It also doesn't change the fact that you are engaging in using different types of bullying tactics. Psychological and emotional manipulation, and also the tactic of making those who disagree with you after you poke them in the eye look like the bullies by crying loudly about it.

In your zeal to 'put me in my place', you have not understood what happened with maxvel, nor have you accurateky represented what has happened since.
                      Did you do so privately to him over a private message? Because you did not apologize to him in that thread, you apologized in a different thread, but not in this one. You in fact got worse and worse towards MaxVel in that thread, and accused him, and all of us, as producing "the dynamic that creates suicides".

Your pattern has been that you attack people, get minor push back that you cry about, apologize(not even always that). Rinse and repeat. I've seen you do this at least twice with different people, which is why I don't expect any real change after your apology in this thread.

Reading them out of context and full of the disdain and indignation driving this post have simply led you to confirn your own biased view of who I am.
                      I read the full thread, and the full conversation. No apology from you in it, just a worse and worse response to anyone who disagreed with you. You aren't even reading what happened at all apparently.

You do not remember correctly. First. I genuinely apoologized then. Second, why my response to maxvel occurred was due to being overwhelmed by the group piling on much as they have done in this thread and I misunderstood his entry into the discussion and responded much too harshly to him.
                      Once I realized what I had done I immediately apologized. And I was very upset with myself for not being more careful.
                      That was a different thread entirely. Actually click the links instead of jumping to conclusions about what they are. I do remember correctly, and went back and reread much of the thread just to be 100% sure. Something you haven't done.

The "I'm sorry you feel that way" isn't much of an apology either. You also broke that promise in the thread I actually linked to.

My promise at that time was to try harder not to respond indiscriminarely to one person out of frustration with a group, and specifically to endeavor to provide an extra measure of care with him if he ever chose to engage with me again.
                      You broke that promise in the thread I linked unless you are talking about a private message that no one else ever saw. However, that does mean you broke the same promise when you made to MaxVel in a different thread.

And I have done all I know to do to keep that promise to this day, though Im sure if you look you can find tines I've failed.

As for a wake up call. What my experience in this thread and others have shown me is how horrble it is for those that are despised by a large group of people because they hold opinions or beliefs that are contrary to those around them. It has helped me see the sadness and frustration they must feel as their attempts to find community are continually rebuffed by irrational demands and false or, more importantly, distorted accusations.
                      You mean like how you and your buddies in Nat. Sci. 301 treat those who don't agree with you? The same kind of treatment that is the reason I don't post there anymore?

I entered this thread with goodwill. But as I see it any harsh words from me in this thread were only me defending myself against personal attacks. I am sincere in my apology for whatever I have said that can be interpreted as unprovoked attacks, but I also realize that in this environment i can not defend myself in any way whatsoever without at least one of you interpreting my act of self defense as an act of unjustified offense.

So as it is now, I have no capacity for defense against personal, below the belt attack unless honest people observing what is happening will speak up.

Jim
                      You attacked Teal when she was nothing but polite to you personally in this thread. NorrinRad was kind of harsh, but he made one post. Teal did amen it, but that doesn't mean she agreed with him being harsh. Your response implied that Teal's master was Satan. That is far harsher than anything said to you in this thread. You're the one who attacks below the belt than gets upset when you get a slap in the face in response.

Never said you can't defend yourself, and didn't imply that either. The whole point of the original fight you had with Teal was that if you start a fight, you shouldn't be surprised when people defend themselves.

Comment

Because if I don't I am not reading the Bible? Strange logic after a number of false statements about me.
                        A rather curious rationalization from someone who said he wants to have "a real discussion".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          And you act as if minor push back to your hostility is bullying, which it simply is not. It also doesn't change the fact that you are engaging in using different types of bullying tactics. Psychological and emotional manipulation, and also the tactic of making those who disagree with you after you poke them in the eye look like the bullies by crying loudly about it.
                          The term for that is "cry bullies".

Comment

A rather curious rationalization from someone who said he wants to have "a real discussion".
                            You claimed I held views I do not hold and never claimed to hold. If you would stop doing that and your personal attacks we could have a real discussion. It depends on you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Who was it, WC Fields?, who was asked why he was reading the Bible? "Looking for loopholes, my boy, looking for loopholes".
                              Brilliant quip!
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You claimed I held views I do not hold and never claimed to hold. If you would stop doing that and your personal attacks we could have a real discussion. It depends on you.
                                Did you know that hypocrites always blame the other person? It's true.

Comment