Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I heard this morning that the movie was about the elite, meaning the top one percent, hunting and killing the poor for sport. In other words the "deplorables" refered to the poor, not republican Trump supporters.
    Just because you "heard something this morning" doesn't make it true. Since you don't provide a cite, it could well have been the voices in your head, for all we know.

Here's a cite from Hollywood Reporter -

"The violent movie from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse Productions follows a dozen individuals who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals."
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I heard this morning that the movie was about the elite, meaning the top one percent, hunting and killing the poor for sport. In other words the "deplorables" refered to the poor, not republican Trump supporters.
      Supposedly you became a candidate for the hunt if you wore a MAGA hat. Have you even seen the trailers for this movie? If you have you wouldn't be posting nonsense... Oh, who am I kidding? You really can't help yourself.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Supposedly you became a candidate for the hunt if you wore a MAGA hat. Have you even seen the trailers for this movie? If you have you wouldn't be posting nonsense... Oh, who am I kidding? You really can't help yourself.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Here's a cite from Hollywood Reporter -

"The violent movie from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse Productions follows a dozen individuals who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals."
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yeah, I watched it, apparently you haven't because it says nothing about LIBERAL ELITES. It says ELITES! And it's talking about the 1%, the people, as one of the characters says, who pays for everything. Sounds more like the CONSERVATIVE whine to me. It's conservative media, such as PJMedia, the Organization Sparko cited in the OP and others that branded the elites as Liberals and the hunted as MAGA hat types. You conservatives are such snowflakes!

Comment

Yeah, I watched it, apparently you haven't because it says nothing about LIBERAL ELITES. It says ELITES! And it's talking about the 1%, the people, as one of the characters says, who pays for everything. Sounds more like the CONSERVATIVE whine to me. It's conservative media, such as PJMedia, the Organization Sparko cited in the OP and others that branded the elites as Liberals and the hunted as MAGA hat types. You conservatives are such snowflakes!
            I hope this little turd fling makes you feel better. Even some of the liberal rags are calling it "liberal elites" hunting deplorables.

Vanity fair... (I had to edit one of the bad words)

Mind you, the film’s conceit doesn’t appear to come at the expense of its heartland characters, but rather the “Blue State” villains. Written by Damon Lindelof and Nick Cuse, The Hunt (original title Red State Vs. Blue State) follows a group of seemingly blue-collar rural characters awakening to an organized hunt by “liberal elites.” The Hollywood Reporter found that a draft of the script referenced a “rat******-in-chief” and referred to its protagonists as racist or pro-life “deplorables,” but otherwise features no mention of Trump or specific political ideology. The film’s trailer also largely skewers the “elite” villains with depictions of their caviar-munching, jet-setting indifference—points likely ignored in Fox News’ bad faith reporting designed to foment another battle in the culture wars.

The plot is so screed up it HAD to come from a liberal mind!

Comment

I hope this little turd fling makes you feel better. Even some of the liberal rags are calling it "liberal elites" hunting deplorables.

Vanity fair... (I had to edit one of the bad words)

Mind you, the film’s conceit doesn’t appear to come at the expense of its heartland characters, but rather the “Blue State” villains. Written by Damon Lindelof and Nick Cuse, The Hunt (original title Red State Vs. Blue State) follows a group of seemingly blue-collar rural characters awakening to an organized hunt by “liberal elites.” The Hollywood Reporter found that a draft of the script referenced a “rat******-in-chief” and referred to its protagonists as racist or pro-life “deplorables,” but otherwise features no mention of Trump or specific political ideology. The film’s trailer also largely skewers the “elite” villains with depictions of their caviar-munching, jet-setting indifference—points likely ignored in Fox News’ bad faith reporting designed to foment another battle in the culture wars.

The plot is so screed up it HAD to come from a liberal mind!
              Fify. The plot is an old one, seen it before, snowflake.

Comment

Let's just wait till the movie comes out (which it's bound to do eventually), or until one of the film's creators actually speak up about it, before we decide whether it's a liberal or conservative bashing film. So far it seems like it's just a lot of news rags and gossip sites kinda guessing about the premise.

Comment

Fify. The plot is an old one, seen it before, snowflake.
                  Jim, after having been taken to task by a couple of my Christian brothers for treating you like I think you're a dummy, I'm trying hard to be more civil.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to prove them right - that you're not as dumb as I have assumed you are.

Are you up to the task?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Hollywood Film Depicts Trump Supporters Being Hunted for Sport by Liberals

Kathy Griffin claims she can’t get work following her photoshoot with a decapitated and bloody Trump head, but don’t let that fool you. Hollywood clearly still likes the idea of promoting violence against people who aren’t good and obedient leftists, because Universal Pictures is set to release a thriller called The Hunt on September 27, which features left-wing “elites” hunting Trump supporters for sport.

In the past few days we’ve been hearing a lot about how Donald Trump’s rhetoric is apparently to blame for the El Paso shooting, yet Hollywood apparently lacked the foresight to think that a movie promoting violence against “deplorables” might be in bad taste until after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, as only now is Universal rethinking their promotional strategy for the film.

"Did anyone see what our *******-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

According to THR, the movie “features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

https://pjmedia.com/trending/hollywo...t-by-liberals/

Sounds totally unrealistic. Where would these elite liberals even get guns much less be able to use them?

But it shows the outright hate that Hollywood has for Trump and his supporters. I don't think we are the "deplorables" here.
                    Do you really think this one film represents Hollywood?
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Jim, after having been taken to task by a couple of my Christian brothers for treating you like I think you're a dummy, I'm trying hard to be more civil.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to prove them right - that you're not as dumb as I have assumed you are.

Are you up to the task?
                      Truth is I think both you and him are people I can learn from.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds more like every star in Hollywood. And every super rich corporate owner in Silicon Valley. All Liberal Elites.

You know, the ones who complain about the 1% when they ARE the 1%?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Do you really think this one film represents Hollywood?
                          Well I didn't say it, you did. But yeah pretty much it represents the super liberal Hollywood elite who hate conservatives and would love to be able to shoot them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Sounds more like every star in Hollywood. And every super rich corporate owner in Silicon Valley. All Liberal Elites.

You know, the ones who complain about the 1% when they ARE the 1%?
                            Ooops, here comes that conservative christian persecution complex again. The 1% are those people, both conservatives and liberals, who Trump and the republicans just gave huge tax cuts to while adding another trillion to the debt that you used to care so much about.

Comment

If you want a recommendation for me on a film go watch Once Upon a time in Hollywood. As for this film like I said it seems like a rereading of the purge films. The purge films honestly are not that well written. You want a story about paranoia that is well made go watch something like The Thing.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ooops, here comes that conservative christian persecution complex again. The 1% are those people, both conservatives and liberals,
                                So you admit the Hollywood liberals and silicon valley corporate owners are the 1% then?

Comment