Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So you admit the Hollywood liberals and silicon valley corporate owners are the 1% then?
    JimL strikes again:
    owngoal.gif
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Sounds more like every star in Hollywood. And every super rich corporate owner in Silicon Valley. All Liberal Elites.

You know, the ones who complain about the 1% when they ARE the 1%?
      I really loved it when Michael Moore joined the Occupy rioters in their protest against the one percenters and went on Piers Morgan's now defunct CNN talk show leading to this exchange:

MORGAN: I need you to admit the bleeding obvious. I need you to sit here and say, I'm in the 1 percent, because it's important.

MOORE: Well, I can't. Because I'm not.

MORGAN: Because the validity of your argument -- you are, though.

MOORE: No, I'm not. I'm not.

MORGAN: You're not in if 1 percent?

MOORE: Of course I'm not. How can I be in the 1 percent?

MORGAN: Because you're worth millions.

A day or so later after pressure continued to mount Moore had to admit on his blog that he is indeed among the nation's wealthiest citizens, although without providing any details of just how rich he is, in a post called "Life Among the 1%"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Don't have a link, but I read today that the movie's been canceled.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Don't have a link, but I read today that the movie's been canceled.
          Back at post #40:
          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Universal has cancelled this movie.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...les-for-sport/

Still, the fact that it made it into production and all the way up to release is disturbing.

Although as both Adrift and I noted it'll still likely show up on either Netflix or HBO.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you admit the Hollywood liberals and silicon valley corporate owners are the 1% then?
            No, that's not what I said, I said that the 1% are both conservatives and liberals. What is it with you people, do you only see what you want to see, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I really loved it when Michael Moore joined the Occupy rioters in their protest against the one percenters and went on Piers Morgan's now defunct CNN talk show leading to this exchange:

MORGAN: I need you to admit the bleeding obvious. I need you to sit here and say, I'm in the 1 percent, because it's important.

MOORE: Well, I can't. Because I'm not.

MORGAN: Because the validity of your argument -- you are, though.

MOORE: No, I'm not. I'm not.

MORGAN: You're not in if 1 percent?

MOORE: Of course I'm not. How can I be in the 1 percent?

MORGAN: Because you're worth millions.

A day or so later after pressure continued to mount Moore had to admit on his blog that he is indeed among the nation's wealthiest citizens, although without providing any details of just how rich he is, in a post called "Life Among the 1%"
              There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.
                Except, of course, that they could VOLUNTARILY give 90% of their own salaries, but they want laws forcing them to give. (Remember that little conversation, JimmyPoo?)
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, that's not what I said, I said that the 1% are both conservatives and liberals. What is it with you people, do you only see what you want to see, or what?
                  So, why did you say the 1% was ONLY CONSERVATIVES?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Except, of course, that they could VOLUNTARILY give 90% of their own salaries, but they want laws forcing them to give. (Remember that little conversation, JimmyPoo?)
                    It's amazing how rich liberals say that the rich don't ever pay enough in taxes never seem to take advantage of this opportunity and pay what they think is their fair share. Instead they generally seek out every deduction that their lawyers can find so as to pay as little as possible.

Remember how Warren Buffet famously complained that he was paying a lower rate than his secretary[1]? Aside from obfuscating things by deliberately confusing tax rates on capital gains and income it turned out that Buffet has actually done everything possible to avoid paying taxes that he actually owes.

For instance, his own company, Berkshire Hathaway[2], is doing everything it can to avoid paying taxes and actually owes nearly a Billion dollars in back taxes dating back to 2002. Another one of his companies was involved in a 14-year fight with the IRS over a dividend-received deduction that was finally settled in 2005. And he is also deeply involved in the purchase of Tim Horton's by Burger King so that the latter can move its offices to Canada in order to pay far less in taxes.

Liberals are increasingly notorious for showing their generosity by giving away other people's money while holding tightly on to their own. And if they're a politician they cheerfully raise tax rates never intending to pay them (see Charlie Rangel, Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner as a short list of examples).

1. It should be noted that his secretary's salary put her well into the one percenters herself.

2. Which Buffet is the principle shareholder (32.4%) of as well as its chairman, president and CEO.

Comment

Name one that has volunteered their wealth to be redistributed in such a way that they are no longer a member of the 1%?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...and LIBERALS. Which you denied previously.
                        it's talking about the 1%, the people, as one of the characters says, who pays for everything. Sounds more like the CONSERVATIVE whine to me.
                        How dumb are you? You constantly sabotage your own posts. I can't tell if you are just a moron or a spoof trying to make liberals look bad.

Hollywood and California are filled to the brim with liberal 1-percenters.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          It's amazing how rich liberals say that the rich don't ever pay enough in taxes never seem to take advantage of this opportunity and pay what they think is their fair share. Instead they generally seek out every deduction that their lawyers can find so as to pay as little as possible.

Remember how Warren Buffet famously complained that he was paying a lower rate than his secretary[1]? Aside from obfuscating things by deliberately confusing tax rates on capital gains and income it turned out that Buffet has actually done everything possible to avoid paying taxes that he actually owes.

For instance, his own company, Berkshire Hathaway[2], is doing everything it can to avoid paying taxes and actually owes nearly a Billion dollars in back taxes dating back to 2002. Another one of his companies was involved in a 14-year fight with the IRS over a dividend-received deduction that was finally settled in 2005. And he is also deeply involved in the purchase of Tim Horton's by Burger King so that the latter can move its offices to Canada in order to pay far less in taxes.

Liberals are increasingly notorious for showing their generosity by giving away other people's money while holding tightly on to their own. And if they're a politician they cheerfully raise tax rates never intending to pay them (see Charlie Rangel, Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner as a short list of examples).

1. It should be noted that his secretary's salary put her well into the one percenters herself.

2. Which Buffet is the principle shareholder (32.4%) of as well as its chairman, president and CEO.

EGGzackly

Comment

I don't see Sanders paying off anyone's student loans with his money either.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              So, why did you say the 1% was ONLY CONSERVATIVES?
                              I didn't.

Comment

...and LIBERALS. Which you denied previously.

How dumb are you? You constantly sabotage your own posts. I can't tell if you are just a moron or a spoof trying to make liberals look bad.

Hollywood and California are filled to the brim with liberal 1-percenters.
                                How dumb are you that subtlety always needs be pointed out to you. The above post doesn't say the 1% are all conservatives, it says the plaint that one of the 1% characters emits sounds like a conservative whine.

Comment