Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I think it's just smart film makers capitalizing on the current political hype and knowing how much controversy it will generate. Controversy + politics + film = success.
    I know people say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I would much rather play Metal Gear or Earthbound games with compelling characters and settings over games that are more created to shock or fill a quota. A suppose a more fair example would be pulp novels.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I know people say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I would much rather play Metal Gear or Earthbound games with compelling characters and settings over games that are more created to shock or fill a quota. A suppose a more fair example would be pulp novels.
    Being how sleazy Hollywood is, there really is no bad publicity. What we view as controversial, which is typically bad to us, for them is good, and the more controversial, the better.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I've seen Red State, and it isn't really about conservatives hunting liberals, it's about a Westboro type church who kidnaps a couple kids who meet a girl for group sex, or something. The girl is actually a member of the church and part of the trap set by the church. And then it goes into this weird fake-out rapture thing. Again, the closest reverse parallel to the film Sparko is talking about that I've seen is Surviving the Game.
    Ah, okay. Never really saw it because, as another person put it, it felt like Kevin Smith was trying to be the Atheist equivalent of Tyler Perry.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    Ah, okay. Never really saw it because, as another person put it, it felt like Kevin Smith was trying to be the Atheist equivalent of Tyler Perry.
    It was a dumb movie, but that's par for the course with Kevin Smith films. Dude's initial films were funny when I was in high school, but you usually expect indie directors to grow with their audience, and show that they're more creative than their initial work. Smith turned out to be a one trick pony, and whenever he strays too far from his usual gross-out comedies they don't do so well. I hear he's doing a reboot of Jay and Silent Bob. Big surprise there.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    "satire"
    I wonder when the satire will become a reality.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was a dumb movie, but that's par for the course with Kevin Smith films. Dude's initial films were funny when I was in high school, but you usually expect indie directors to grow with their audience, and show that they're more creative than their initial work. Smith turned out to be a one trick pony, and whenever he strays too far from his usual gross-out comedies they don't do so well. I hear he's doing a reboot of Jay and Silent Bob. Big surprise there.
    The only Kevin Smith movie I've seen is Tusk. I don't even have commentary on that one, just...yep, seen it.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    The only Kevin Smith movie I've seen is Tusk. I don't even have commentary on that one, just...yep, seen it.
    One of the few I have not seen actually. Just didn't sound particularly interesting. Guess it's unnerved some audiences, but I figure it's your typical body horror done shoddily or something.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Saw the trailer for it, and was like, "This is Grumpy Old Men meets Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back."
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

9. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Universal has cancelled this movie.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...les-for-sport/

Still, the fact that it made it into production and all the way up to release is disturbing.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On the plus side, Jason Mewes looks like he got his act together. He actually looks pretty good in the trailer
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

12. Amen Chaotic Void, Adrift amen'd this post.