Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

  1. #61
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,136
    Amen (Given)
    6619
    Amen (Received)
    12496
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you admit the Hollywood liberals and silicon valley corporate owners are the 1% then?
    JimL strikes again:
    owngoal.gif
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  2. #62
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,859
    Amen (Given)
    1234
    Amen (Received)
    22011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Sounds more like every star in Hollywood. And every super rich corporate owner in Silicon Valley. All Liberal Elites.

    You know, the ones who complain about the 1% when they ARE the 1%?
    I really loved it when Michael Moore joined the Occupy rioters in their protest against the one percenters and went on Piers Morgan's now defunct CNN talk show leading to this exchange:

    MORGAN: I need you to admit the bleeding obvious. I need you to sit here and say, I'm in the 1 percent, because it's important.

    MOORE: Well, I can't. Because I'm not.

    MORGAN: Because the validity of your argument -- you are, though.

    MOORE: No, I'm not. I'm not.

    MORGAN: You're not in if 1 percent?

    MOORE: Of course I'm not. How can I be in the 1 percent?

    MORGAN: Because you're worth millions.


    A day or so later after pressure continued to mount Moore had to admit on his blog that he is indeed among the nation's wealthiest citizens, although without providing any details of just how rich he is, in a post called "Life Among the 1%"

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #63
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,136
    Amen (Given)
    6619
    Amen (Received)
    12496
    Don't have a link, but I read today that the movie's been canceled.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  4. #64
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,859
    Amen (Given)
    1234
    Amen (Received)
    22011
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Don't have a link, but I read today that the movie's been canceled.
    Back at post #40:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Universal has cancelled this movie.

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...les-for-sport/

    Still, the fact that it made it into production and all the way up to release is disturbing.

    Although as both Adrift and I noted it'll still likely show up on either Netflix or HBO.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  5. #65
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,041
    Amen (Given)
    2248
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you admit the Hollywood liberals and silicon valley corporate owners are the 1% then?
    No, that's not what I said, I said that the 1% are both conservatives and liberals. What is it with you people, do you only see what you want to see, or what?

  6. #66
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    18,041
    Amen (Given)
    2248
    Amen (Received)
    1751
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    I really loved it when Michael Moore joined the Occupy rioters in their protest against the one percenters and went on Piers Morgan's now defunct CNN talk show leading to this exchange:

    MORGAN: I need you to admit the bleeding obvious. I need you to sit here and say, I'm in the 1 percent, because it's important.

    MOORE: Well, I can't. Because I'm not.

    MORGAN: Because the validity of your argument -- you are, though.

    MOORE: No, I'm not. I'm not.

    MORGAN: You're not in if 1 percent?

    MOORE: Of course I'm not. How can I be in the 1 percent?

    MORGAN: Because you're worth millions.


    A day or so later after pressure continued to mount Moore had to admit on his blog that he is indeed among the nation's wealthiest citizens, although without providing any details of just how rich he is, in a post called "Life Among the 1%"
    There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.

  7. #67
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,636
    Amen (Given)
    14008
    Amen (Received)
    28866
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.
    Except, of course, that they could VOLUNTARILY give 90% of their own salaries, but they want laws forcing them to give. (Remember that little conversation, JimmyPoo?)
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #68
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    64,636
    Amen (Given)
    14008
    Amen (Received)
    28866
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    No, that's not what I said, I said that the 1% are both conservatives and liberals. What is it with you people, do you only see what you want to see, or what?
    So, why did you say the 1% was ONLY CONSERVATIVES?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  9. #69
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,859
    Amen (Given)
    1234
    Amen (Received)
    22011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Except, of course, that they could VOLUNTARILY give 90% of their own salaries, but they want laws forcing them to give. (Remember that little conversation, JimmyPoo?)
    It's amazing how rich liberals say that the rich don't ever pay enough in taxes never seem to take advantage of this opportunity and pay what they think is their fair share. Instead they generally seek out every deduction that their lawyers can find so as to pay as little as possible.


    Remember how Warren Buffet famously complained that he was paying a lower rate than his secretary[1]? Aside from obfuscating things by deliberately confusing tax rates on capital gains and income it turned out that Buffet has actually done everything possible to avoid paying taxes that he actually owes.

    For instance, his own company, Berkshire Hathaway[2], is doing everything it can to avoid paying taxes and actually owes nearly a Billion dollars in back taxes dating back to 2002. Another one of his companies was involved in a 14-year fight with the IRS over a dividend-received deduction that was finally settled in 2005. And he is also deeply involved in the purchase of Tim Horton's by Burger King so that the latter can move its offices to Canada in order to pay far less in taxes.

    Liberals are increasingly notorious for showing their generosity by giving away other people's money while holding tightly on to their own. And if they're a politician they cheerfully raise tax rates never intending to pay them (see Charlie Rangel, Tom Daschle and Timothy Geithner as a short list of examples).







    1. It should be noted that his secretary's salary put her well into the one percenters herself.

    2. Which Buffet is the principle shareholder (32.4%) of as well as its chairman, president and CEO.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  10. #70
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,685
    Amen (Given)
    1586
    Amen (Received)
    3661
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    There is nothing wrong with complaining about the 1% when you are in that category yourself. Actually it's rather admirable, and most of them that do, like Michael Moore, tend to be Liberals.
    Name one that has volunteered their wealth to be redistributed in such a way that they are no longer a member of the 1%?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •