Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New movie has liberals hunting Trump supporters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I think it's just smart film makers capitalizing on the current political hype and knowing how much controversy it will generate. Controversy + politics + film = success.
    I know people say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I would much rather play Metal Gear or Earthbound games with compelling characters and settings over games that are more created to shock or fill a quota. A suppose a more fair example would be pulp novels.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      I know people say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but I would much rather play Metal Gear or Earthbound games with compelling characters and settings over games that are more created to shock or fill a quota. A suppose a more fair example would be pulp novels.
      Being how sleazy Hollywood is, there really is no bad publicity. What we view as controversial, which is typically bad to us, for them is good, and the more controversial, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I've seen Red State, and it isn't really about conservatives hunting liberals, it's about a Westboro type church who kidnaps a couple kids who meet a girl for group sex, or something. The girl is actually a member of the church and part of the trap set by the church. And then it goes into this weird fake-out rapture thing. Again, the closest reverse parallel to the film Sparko is talking about that I've seen is Surviving the Game.
        Ah, okay. Never really saw it because, as another person put it, it felt like Kevin Smith was trying to be the Atheist equivalent of Tyler Perry.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          Ah, okay. Never really saw it because, as another person put it, it felt like Kevin Smith was trying to be the Atheist equivalent of Tyler Perry.
          It was a dumb movie, but that's par for the course with Kevin Smith films. Dude's initial films were funny when I was in high school, but you usually expect indie directors to grow with their audience, and show that they're more creative than their initial work. Smith turned out to be a one trick pony, and whenever he strays too far from his usual gross-out comedies they don't do so well. I hear he's doing a reboot of Jay and Silent Bob. Big surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            "satire"
            I wonder when the satire will become a reality.

Comment

It was a dumb movie, but that's par for the course with Kevin Smith films. Dude's initial films were funny when I was in high school, but you usually expect indie directors to grow with their audience, and show that they're more creative than their initial work. Smith turned out to be a one trick pony, and whenever he strays too far from his usual gross-out comedies they don't do so well. I hear he's doing a reboot of Jay and Silent Bob. Big surprise there.
              The only Kevin Smith movie I've seen is Tusk. I don't even have commentary on that one, just...yep, seen it.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                The only Kevin Smith movie I've seen is Tusk. I don't even have commentary on that one, just...yep, seen it.
                One of the few I have not seen actually. Just didn't sound particularly interesting. Guess it's unnerved some audiences, but I figure it's your typical body horror done shoddily or something.

Comment

Yeah, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Saw the trailer for it, and was like, "This is Grumpy Old Men meets Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back."
                  Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Universal has cancelled this movie.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...les-for-sport/

Still, the fact that it made it into production and all the way up to release is disturbing.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

On the plus side, Jason Mewes looks like he got his act together. He actually looks pretty good in the trailer
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Still, the fact that it made it into production and all the way up to release is disturbing.
                        If it has already been made it'll at the least find another distributor and might be a direct to DVD sorta thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It'll get a soft release on Netflix or some other streaming channel in a year. They're not going to take a complete hit on a film like this. And who knows, maybe it's not going to be a cynical look at conservatives, or better yet, maybe it pokes fun at both sides.

Comment

It'll get a soft release on Netflix or some other streaming channel in a year. They're not going to take a complete hit on a film like this. And who knows, maybe it's not going to be a cynical look at conservatives, or better yet, maybe it pokes fun at both sides.
                            Yeah, I'm figuring that either Netflix or HBO will jump on it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

On the plus side, Jason Mewes looks like he got his act together. He actually looks pretty good in the trailer
                              Wow, the violence...
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Hollywood Film Depicts Trump Supporters Being Hunted for Sport by Liberals

Kathy Griffin claims she can’t get work following her photoshoot with a decapitated and bloody Trump head, but don’t let that fool you. Hollywood clearly still likes the idea of promoting violence against people who aren’t good and obedient leftists, because Universal Pictures is set to release a thriller called The Hunt on September 27, which features left-wing “elites” hunting Trump supporters for sport.

In the past few days we’ve been hearing a lot about how Donald Trump’s rhetoric is apparently to blame for the El Paso shooting, yet Hollywood apparently lacked the foresight to think that a movie promoting violence against “deplorables” might be in bad taste until after the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, as only now is Universal rethinking their promotional strategy for the film.

"Did anyone see what our *******-in-chief just did?" one character asks early in the screenplay for The Hunt, a Universal Pictures thriller set to open Sept. 27. Another responds: "At least The Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and slaughtering a dozen deplorables."

In the aftermath of mass shootings within days of one another that shocked and traumatized the nation, Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire. The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals.

Over the Aug. 3 weekend, ESPN pulled an ad for the film that it had previously cleared, while AMC ran the spot during the season premiere of its drama The Preacher. It's unclear whether the ads were identical, but the one yanked by ESPN opened with a sound resembling an emergency broadcast signal. A rep for ESPN parent Disney declined to comment on the move, but an ESPN source says no spots for the film will appear on the network in the coming weeks.

According to THR, the movie “features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”

https://pjmedia.com/trending/hollywo...t-by-liberals/

Sounds totally unrealistic. Where would these elite liberals even get guns much less be able to use them?

But it shows the outright hate that Hollywood has for Trump and his supporters. I don't think we are the "deplorables" here.
                                I heard this morning that the movie was about the elite, meaning the top one percent, hunting and killing the poor for sport. In other words the "deplorables" refered to the poor, not republican Trump supporters.

Comment