Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Good Guy With A Gun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I just wish the police knew the ordinances better, or at least had a list of city ordinances handy, because I've seen too many officers back down. For example, I remember one video where a open-carry guy was walking down a major highway's breakdown lane with an AR-15 strapped to his back. The police stopped him to see what he was up to, and, if I remember correctly, just let him on his way when he pointed out that he was well within his legal right. Drivers down the freeway were rightfully freaked out, but there wasn't much the police could do about it.
    But I think that's the point - it's not that the officer doesn't know the ordinance - it's that the ordinance doesn't allow him to do anything to somebody lawfully complying with an open carry statute, regardless of how freaked people may be.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The crazy thing is that the sov-cits are usually the ones posting it to Youtube themselves. As if they are so certain of their right-ness, that they make it a point to post the videos themselves proving to the world that they're right. They don't seem to understand that you can be legally right, and also still a jerk.
      Sovereign Citizens are bonkers to begin with. I crack up when I see them on LivePD. "I don't need a license, I'm traveling!" - they have zero understanding of the constitution or the law.

Comment

Americans celebrating, also enjoying freedom, is demi supposed to be surprised?
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          But I think that's the point - it's not that the officer doesn't know the ordinance - it's that the ordinance doesn't allow him to do anything to somebody lawfully complying with an open carry statute, regardless of how freaked people may be.
          My guess is it's a bit of both. The officer took the test, got the memo, knew the thing - and hasn't had an issue with it for two years. I mean, yeah, I could rat off all sorts of facts about chancroid - but the one time I had a suspected case I had to look up the tx. It was the one and only time I ever had someone treated for it in 18 years.

These guys keep fooling around and they will find officers better versed than they are - and new laws they didn't want just to make them stop being a public nuisance.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

With SovCits, I bet there's instances where the officer knows they could nail them on something if they really wanted to but figures it's not worth the effort to deal with somebody so annoying.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Thankfully no one was hurt...
              And we must ask, what was the firefighter doing with a gun? Guns are not known for their ability to extinguish fires.

Comment

Here's the incident I was thinking of,

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/.../500-532698226

Here are a couple other similar incidences,

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/201...guns-on-campus

https://www.dailycamera.com/2018/04/...uring-protest/

After awhile you start seeing certain advocate names pop up a lot like C.J. Grisham and Joey Gibson.
                I looked up Joey Gibson and found this entry:

Joey Gibson (born August 11, 1945) is an American model who was Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for its June 1967 issue. Her centerfold (shot on a beach while building a sandcastle in the nude) was photographed by Peter Gowland.[1]

The world is getting stranger every day

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  With SovCits, I bet there's instances where the officer knows they could nail them on something if they really wanted to but figures it's not worth the effort to deal with somebody so annoying.
                  And some of these idiots WANT to be arrested cause it helps their street cred. So they think.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Joey Gibson (born August 11, 1945) is an American model who was Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for its June 1967 issue. Her centerfold (shot on a beach while building a sandcastle in the nude) was photographed by Peter Gowland.[1]

I don't think that's the Joey Gibson that Adrift was referencing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Might be a different Joey.

Comment

Might be a different Joey.
                        Did i say my link was the same joey?

Comment

And we must ask, what was the firefighter doing with a gun? Guns are not known for their ability to extinguish fires.
                          He was a retired firefighter who believes in carrying a gun like many other citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            He was a retired firefighter who believes in carrying a gun like many other citizens.
                            He wasn't retired, was he? I thought he was just off duty. Many firemen work 24 on and 48 off, or some such rotation. But, yeah, he was, for all intents and purposes, a private citizen at the time he was carrying.

Comment

But they are known for being able to protect you if you're ever called out to extinguish a fire in a rough part of town.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                He wasn't retired, was he? I thought he was just off duty. Many firemen work 24 on and 48 off, or some such rotation. But, yeah, he was, for all intents and purposes, a private citizen at the time he was carrying.
                                Well the OP article says "former firefighter" - I am assuming retired.

Comment