Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Source: Politico

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said publicly for the first time on Thursday that his panel is conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, adding that the committee will decide by the end of the year whether to refer articles of impeachment to the House floor.

The committee has said as much in recent court filings as it seeks former special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury materials and testimony from his investigation’s star witnesses. But it was a rare rhetorical escalation from the New York Democrat, who has privately pushed Speaker Nancy Pelosi to support a formal inquiry of whether to remove the president from office.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

He's right, actually - and he's also backing Pelosi into a corner.

The Democratic Party seems determined to self destruct.

FYI: the bad grammar is Nadler's.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said publicly for the first time on Thursday that his panel is conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, adding that the committee will decide by the end of the year whether to refer articles of impeachment to the House floor.

The committee has said as much in recent court filings as it seeks former special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury materials and testimony from his investigation’s star witnesses. But it was a rare rhetorical escalation from the New York Democrat, who has privately pushed Speaker Nancy Pelosi to support a formal inquiry of whether to remove the president from office.

Source

I told you that weeks ago, impeachment investigations are underway, and have been for some time now. Nancy Pelosi is well aware of what's going on, and she wouldn't change a thing.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Source

Or they intentionally want to insure a Trump 2020 victory
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

4. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I told you that weeks ago, impeachment investigations are underway, and have been for some time now. Nancy Pelosi is well aware of what's going on, and she wouldn't change a thing.
    Er, maybe you told someone else. Carpe and I had an argument along these lines. I didn't state it explicitly, but yeah, I knew the Committee's investigation itself constituted part of the impeachment process.

Pelosi has completely lost control of the House - having Nadler come out publicly like this hurts her position even more.

This is likely to blow up in their faces even worse than the Mueller report did - not counting the testimony that made things even worse.

It's bad enough that they are attempting a coup - it's worse that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Er, maybe you told someone else. Carpe and I had an argument along these lines. I didn't state it explicitly, but yeah, I knew the Committee's investigation itself constituted part of the impeachment process.

Pelosi has completely lost control of the House - having Nadler come out publicly like this hurts her position even more.

This is likely to blow up in their faces even worse than the Mueller report did - not counting the testimony that made things even worse.

It's bad enough that they are attempting a coup - it's worse that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.
    So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Source

Best thing to do is step back and stay out of their way.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

ConspiraJimmy thinks this is all Pelosi's grand plan -- and Nadler is just playing his part.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!
    No Russian Collusion. Two years of investigation and they proved nothing - but won't give up.

Began discussion of impeachment PRIOR to inauguration.

Yes, the argument that they are just carrying out their legal duties is past the point of breaking. Looks like a duck - isn't a chicken.

10. Amen RumTumTugger, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, the separate but equal doctrine
    Laughing - you are so very precious.

and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup.
    No, actually, it's the ABUSE of that oversight.

Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!

Separate but equal.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Or they intentionally want to insure a Trump 2020 victory
    The longer the investigations go on the more sensible people out there, regardless of party, will realize what a theiving, treasonous, lying, criminal thug of a president Trump is. Besides that, it's the right thing to do whether it blows up in their faces or not, their just trying to do it the smartest way possible.