Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    I feel like an auditor, CP, looking for some improvement in my auditees (youse yins), but it’s slow to come. How can we pick up the pace?
    I don't need an auditor's services at the moment, thanks. I'm already clear. That E-meter really helped!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well that's just the lie spread by you anti-democratic fascist types who know that they can't win in a fair election, who spread the lie that thousands of people are voting illegally and so try to put up barriers to stop legal citizens from participating. I know that you all know that to be true and that the courts have shown it to be true, but, you know, you are what you are.
      Your posts are smelling faintly of desperation, Jim. You need to dial back a bit on wild-eyed accusations like this beauty.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Your posts are smelling faintly of desperation, Jim. You need to dial back a bit on wild-eyed accusations like this beauty.
        Which part do you see as wild eyed and desperate, the fact that republican/conservatives know that they can't win without, in their own desperation, acting to undermine the democratic process itself, or the part that in doing so they show their true anti-democratic mindset. The desperation is yours, is conservatives, and you all know it, and so you are willing to undermine democracy itself, to elect an immoral lying demigogue who preaches anti-democratic propaganda, deep state, lying press, who defies the law and the Constitution and fills the swamp with crooked lobbyist and sycophants. There's nothing wild eyed about it, you're either blind, or complicit.

Comment

Which part do you see as wild eyed and desperate, the fact that republican/conservatives know that they can't win without, in their own desperation, acting to undermine the democratic process itself, or the part that in doing so they show their true anti-democratic mindset. The desperation is yours, is conservatives, and you all know it, and so you are willing to undermine democracy itself, to elect an immoral lying demigogue who preaches anti-democratic propaganda, deep state, lying press, who defies the law and the Constitution and fills the swamp with crooked lobbyist and sycophants. There's nothing wild eyed about it, you're either blind, or complicit.
          Feel better after passing that much gas?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim, conservatives aren't the desperate ones here - despite a two year investigation, a Congressional investigation and a media that has made every effort to undermine the current president, the net result is nothing. Republicans were ready to convict Nixon because the evidence really was overwhelming. The Democrats aren't even willing to take the investigation to the House because the evidence doesn't begin to pass muster. Despite all claims to the contrary, there's no real case against Trump - it simply does not exist.

The House committee will finish up in a few months - putting a negative finding awfully danged close to the primaries. They aren't going to miraculously find something anymore than Mueller magically created a case by testifying. It'll just be the same innuendo and accusations - and a third massive deflation of the Democratic party's hopes. Right before the primaries...

It's gotten to the embarrassingly pathetic state. I'll be impressed if they can get decent turnout for the primaries - the general should be higher but it's not likely to help. The Democratic party will get, in all likelihood, a fourth strike - a Trump re-election.

I don't think it'll survive that - not unless the Rational Minority gets control and that seems really unlikely now.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Jim, conservatives aren't the desperate ones here - despite a two year investigation, a Congressional investigation and a media that has made every effort to undermine the current president, the net result is nothing. Republicans were ready to convict Nixon because the evidence really was overwhelming. The Democrats aren't even willing to take the investigation to the House because the evidence doesn't begin to pass muster. Despite all claims to the contrary, there's no real case against Trump - it simply does not exist.

The House committee will finish up in a few months - putting a negative finding awfully danged close to the primaries. They aren't going to miraculously find something anymore than Mueller magically created a case by testifying. It'll just be the same innuendo and accusations - and a third massive deflation of the Democratic party's hopes. Right before the primaries...

It's gotten to the embarrassingly pathetic state. I'll be impressed if they can get decent turnout for the primaries - the general should be higher but it's not likely to help. The Democratic party will get, in all likelihood, a fourth strike - a Trump re-election.

I don't think it'll survive that - not unless the Rational Minority gets control and that seems really unlikely now.

If their actions lead to a resounding defeat this may lead to the more moderate wing being able to take back control, but it may also lead to a permanent fracturing of the party since the loony left is utterly convinced that if they just keep repeating the same failed thing over and over eventually they'll succeed -- which is a definition of insanity.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Doubling down as usual, I see.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Jim, conservatives aren't the desperate ones here - despite a two year investigation, a Congressional investigation and a media that has made every effort to undermine the current president, the net result is nothing.
                  Tea, you fail to recognize that Atty Gen. Barr lied to the american people concerning the Mueller report, which is the very reason that Trump got rid of Sessions and installed Barr in his stead. You also fail to recognize the evidence against Trump and his campaign in the report itself and Muellers intention to have Congress make the determination of a trial since he, whether you care for his opinion or not, was forbid to make that determination according to DOJ rules.

Republicans were ready to convict Nixon because the evidence really was overwhelming. The Democrats aren't even willing to take the investigation to the House because the evidence doesn't begin to pass muster. Despite all claims to the contrary, there's no real case against Trump - it simply does not exist.
                  The evidence was overwhelming in the Nixon case even without the release of the tapes, but republicans stood with him until they no longer could because of the tapes. Democrats are going to have to do the same thing here, because the republicans in the Senate, led by Moscow Mitch, will never convict Trump until, because of all the evidence coming out, they no longer have that choice.
                  There won't be anything miraculous about it, an impeachment inquiry allows Congress to subpoena the evidence that the Trump administration has been ferociously blocking them from getting. I understand that as republicans you all don't want the facts to get out, you no longer call for transparency, after all, you put this corrupt villain in office.
                  Yes, yes, yes, it's understood that is your fervent hope.
                  They are all united in this, that Trump is corrupt, that he is most likely to be found guilty of collusion with an adversary, that he is an enemy to democracy, and that he is unfit to be president of the U.S. and leader of the free world.

Comment

Tea, you fail to recognize that Atty Gen. Barr lied to the american people concerning the Mueller report, which is the very reason that Trump got rid of Sessions and installed Barr in his stead. You also fail to recognize the evidence against Trump and his campaign in the report itself and Muellers intention to have Congress make the determination of a trial since he, whether you care for his opinion or not, was forbid to make that determination according to DOJ rules.
                    Asked, answered and multiple times disproved. Barr didn't lie; the evidence is insufficient for prosecution (per Mueller's report); Mueller's intention seems to have been political - which is the dead opposite of what he was hired to do; DOJ rules prevent prosecution, not recommendation - and yes, I read them.

The evidence was overwhelming in the Nixon case even without the release of the tapes, but republicans stood with him until they no longer could because of the tapes. Democrats are going to have to do the same thing here, because the republicans in the Senate, led by Moscow Mitch, will never convict Trump until, because of all the evidence coming out, they no longer have that choice.
                    Er, no, it wasn't. And if the Democrats had that capability they'd have used it long since.

There won't be anything miraculous about it, an impeachment inquiry allows Congress to subpoena the evidence that the Trump administration has been ferociously blocking them from getting. I understand that as republicans you all don't want the facts to get out, you no longer call for transparency, after all, you put this corrupt villain in office.
                    This isn't rational - the facts ARE out - they just don't support your theory. At. All.

Yes, yes, yes, it's understood that is your fervent hope.
                    No, it's my analysis.

They are all united in this, that Trump is corrupt, that he is most likely to be found guilty of collusion with an adversary, that he is an enemy to democracy, and that he is unfit to be president of the U.S. and leader of the free world.
                    And then there'll be rainbows, sunshine and a free unicorn in every garage...

You can't prove any of that - and after all that's been done to prove it, the rational conclusion is it probably isn't true.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nadler got a major league smack down from the Federal judge!

Source: Fox News

Normally cases are assigned to judges randomly, which the DOJ said is meant to keep parties from “attempting to game the system” by “shopping” for a judge they like. But in a Tuesday court filing, the department alleged the Democrat-controlled committee was trying to do exactly that by exploiting an exception that allows “related” cases to be heard by the same judge. In this case, the DOJ said the panel improperly sought to connect the McGahn case to the grand jury case simply because they're both part of their investigation of President Trump.

NADLER SLAMMED FOR 'HARASSMENT' AFTER FRESH KAVANAUGH DOC REQUESTS
                      "[A]t first blush, the House Judiciary Committee's view that the related case rule applies is understandable," D.C. District Court Chief Judge Beryl Howell wrote in her order rejecting the bid. "Nonetheless, closer examination demonstrates that these connections between the two cases are too superficial and attenuated for the instant McGahn Subpoena Case to qualify[.]"

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Judge shopping is a no-no!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Obviously the Rooskies got to Howell

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment