Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

Source: Politico

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said publicly for the first time on Thursday that his panel is conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, adding that the committee will decide by the end of the year whether to refer articles of impeachment to the House floor.

The committee has said as much in recent court filings as it seeks former special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury materials and testimony from his investigation’s star witnesses. But it was a rare rhetorical escalation from the New York Democrat, who has privately pushed Speaker Nancy Pelosi to support a formal inquiry of whether to remove the president from office.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

He's right, actually - and he's also backing Pelosi into a corner.

The Democratic Party seems determined to self destruct.

FYI: the bad grammar is Nadler's.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said publicly for the first time on Thursday that his panel is conducting an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, adding that the committee will decide by the end of the year whether to refer articles of impeachment to the House floor.

The committee has said as much in recent court filings as it seeks former special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury materials and testimony from his investigation’s star witnesses. But it was a rare rhetorical escalation from the New York Democrat, who has privately pushed Speaker Nancy Pelosi to support a formal inquiry of whether to remove the president from office.

Source

I told you that weeks ago, impeachment investigations are underway, and have been for some time now. Nancy Pelosi is well aware of what's going on, and she wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Source

Or they intentionally want to insure a Trump 2020 victory

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I told you that weeks ago, impeachment investigations are underway, and have been for some time now. Nancy Pelosi is well aware of what's going on, and she wouldn't change a thing.
        Er, maybe you told someone else. Carpe and I had an argument along these lines. I didn't state it explicitly, but yeah, I knew the Committee's investigation itself constituted part of the impeachment process.

Pelosi has completely lost control of the House - having Nadler come out publicly like this hurts her position even more.

This is likely to blow up in their faces even worse than the Mueller report did - not counting the testimony that made things even worse.

It's bad enough that they are attempting a coup - it's worse that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Er, maybe you told someone else. Carpe and I had an argument along these lines. I didn't state it explicitly, but yeah, I knew the Committee's investigation itself constituted part of the impeachment process.

Pelosi has completely lost control of the House - having Nadler come out publicly like this hurts her position even more.

This is likely to blow up in their faces even worse than the Mueller report did - not counting the testimony that made things even worse.

It's bad enough that they are attempting a coup - it's worse that they are so incredibly incompetent at it.
          So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!

Comment

Source

Best thing to do is step back and stay out of their way.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ConspiraJimmy thinks this is all Pelosi's grand plan -- and Nadler is just playing his part.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!
                No Russian Collusion. Two years of investigation and they proved nothing - but won't give up.

Began discussion of impeachment PRIOR to inauguration.

Yes, the argument that they are just carrying out their legal duties is past the point of breaking. Looks like a duck - isn't a chicken.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, the separate but equal doctrine
                  Laughing - you are so very precious.

and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup.
                  No, actually, it's the ABUSE of that oversight.

Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!

Separate but equal.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Or they intentionally want to insure a Trump 2020 victory
                    The longer the investigations go on the more sensible people out there, regardless of party, will realize what a theiving, treasonous, lying, criminal thug of a president Trump is. Besides that, it's the right thing to do whether it blows up in their faces or not, their just trying to do it the smartest way possible.

Comment

The longer the investigations go on the more sensible people out there, regardless of party, will realize what a theiving, treasonous, lying, criminal thug of a president Trump is. Besides that, it's the right thing to do whether it blows up in their faces or not, their just trying to do it the smartest way possible.
                      Amen -- onward through the fog, full speed ahead!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        ConspiraJimmy thinks this is all Pelosi's grand plan -- and Nadler is just playing his part.
                        Even looking at it as favorably as possible - Nadler is making Pelosi's life miserable.

My guess is that this fails spectacularly - just in time for the primaries. Riles the far left, results in a upset in the primaries and then a very disappointing general election - if you don't want Trump re-elected. And a really good shot of the Republicans retaking the House.

I also suspect Pelosi will be out as Speaker before the general election.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Even looking at it as favorably as possible - Nadler is making Pelosi's life miserable.

My guess is that this fails spectacularly - just in time for the primaries. Riles the far left, results in a upset in the primaries and then a very disappointing general election - if you don't want Trump re-elected. And a really good shot of the Republicans retaking the House.

I'm not as optimistic -- time after time I have seen Republicans stupidly snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Comment

Er, no, Jim - what's actually likely is that the Democrats not only don't win the presidency, they lose the House. Nadler is not helping - I'm seriously wondering if he wants minority whip.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's okay. The Republicans are really, really good at squandering opportunities presented as well.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment