Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 86

Thread: Nadler: This is Formal Impeachment Proceedings

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,935
    Amen (Given)
    1607
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Laughing - you are so very precious.



    No, actually, it's the ABUSE of that oversight.




    Separate but equal.
    Whatever you say Moscow-poke.

  2. #22
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,516
    Amen (Given)
    11615
    Amen (Received)
    24833
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Whatever you say Moscow-poke.
    Good, cause I say you're a bloomin' idiot. Do you know what "separate but equal doctrine" is, Comrade Jimski?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  3. #23
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,025
    Amen (Given)
    7724
    Amen (Received)
    5199
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I'll bet the against on that. Or I would if I were into gambling.
    It depends on how badly this crashes and burns. Pelosi's job is to herd the cats - which she used to be good at. But if she can't keep control and her party is damaged as a result - any other time I'd assume if it were going to happen it would be after the election - as nutso as her party is acting, I don't think they'll wait that long when the polls start favoring Trump.

  4. #24
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,935
    Amen (Given)
    1607
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    It depends on how badly this crashes and burns. Pelosi's job is to herd the cats - which she used to be good at. But if she can't keep control and her party is damaged as a result - any other time I'd assume if it were going to happen it would be after the election - as nutso as her party is acting, I don't think they'll wait that long when the polls start favoring Trump.
    Don't know where you get the idea that Pelosi is against what Nadler and the House Dems are up to, but you're wrong at any rate. She's fully aware what they are doing, and she's all in. She just wants to make sure the go in with an unbeatable hand, and she's said as much.

  5. #25
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,025
    Amen (Given)
    7724
    Amen (Received)
    5199
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So, the separate but equal doctrine and Congressional oversight of Presidential power is now considered by conservatives to be the attempt at a coup. Just what the wannabe dictator wants you to believe. And it's working. So sad!
    *emphasis mine

    I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.

    Which doesn't make sense either - but at least it hasn't been explicitly overturned by the Supreme Court (one of the Circuit courts had issues with it, however).


  6. #26
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,516
    Amen (Given)
    11615
    Amen (Received)
    24833
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    It depends on how badly this crashes and burns. Pelosi's job is to herd the cats - which she used to be good at. But if she can't keep control and her party is damaged as a result - any other time I'd assume if it were going to happen it would be after the election - as nutso as her party is acting, I don't think they'll wait that long when the polls start favoring Trump.
    THIS kind of thing could help the demise of the Democrats...

    Liberals are now willing to target any Trump supporter for ruination

    They are showing that they have increasingly become the party of hate-filled lawless bigots. Kinda like Comrade Jimski hanging around a Christian-run board just to be an ass.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  7. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  8. #27
    tWebber Teallaura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In my house.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    14,025
    Amen (Given)
    7724
    Amen (Received)
    5199
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Don't know where you get the idea that Pelosi is against what Nadler and the House Dems are up to, but you're wrong at any rate. She's fully aware what they are doing, and she's all in. She just wants to make sure the go in with an unbeatable hand, and she's said as much.
    She's heading possibly the worst run House in history - and it's her own party doing the damage.

    Pelosi isn't stupid enough to want a public fight over an untenable impeachment - even I give her more credit than that.

  9. #28
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,516
    Amen (Given)
    11615
    Amen (Received)
    24833
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    *emphasis mine

    I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.

    Which doesn't make sense either - but at least it hasn't been explicitly overturned by the Supreme Court (one of the Circuit courts had issues with it, however).

    The boy has gone round the bend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Laughing - you are so very precious.


    Separate but equal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Good, cause I say you're a bloomin' idiot. Do you know what "separate but equal doctrine" is, Comrade Jimski?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  10. #29
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53,516
    Amen (Given)
    11615
    Amen (Received)
    24833
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.
    I think what the boy meant was "separation of powers" - co-equal branches of government, checks and balances. But, being a closet racist, he slipped up and snagged the Jim Crow law.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

  11. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  12. #30
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,935
    Amen (Given)
    1607
    Amen (Received)
    1438
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    *emphasis mine

    I missed this the first time - Jim, have you lost your mind?!?! Separate but equal was the doctrine that allowed Jim Crow!!!! Please, please tell me you meant 'separation of church and state'.

    Which doesn't make sense either - but at least it hasn't been explicitly overturned by the Supreme Court (one of the Circuit courts had issues with it, however).

    Powers, Tea, powers! Moscowpoke isn't as stupid a commie pinko as he looks, he knew what I meant. He just likes to point out the grammatical, spelling and other errors of others because it makes him feel superior without having to actually address the argument itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •