Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, the deceased's own team had the celebrity pathologist attend the autopsy to observe.... any word on this mysterious 'gag order' he's under where he can't shed new light on this?

If there were such a gag order, I'd think it'd be big news!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, seriously, what happened to....
      The fact that we have no choice but to wait, doesn't change the fact that what we already know, is suspicious!

As it is, the official report is that it was suicide. If new information comes forward, I'll be happy to consider that. But not guessing and speculation.
      You're easily pleased, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        While sheets might not be allowed in an actual suicide watch setting, Epstein wasn't in one at the time, so I think this whole argument is weaker than used toilet paper, and just as stinky.
        Yeah I keep hearing that the sheets were too weak to hang yourself with. I can't imagine that being true. I would assume if they were on suicide watch, they would remove all sheets and anything else that might be used to make a rope.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          The fact that we have no choice but to wait, doesn't change the fact that what we already know, is suspicious!
          The very fuel of every conspiracy theory!

You're easily pleased, CP.
          I prefer to call it patient. I'm just not into wild speculation and needless worry. Like I said, when actual facts come out, or new information...
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• If anyone had a reason to hang himself, Epstein did. He was facing a humiliating public trial about him being a pedophile and spending the rest of his life behind bars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Yeah I keep hearing that the sheets were too weak to hang yourself with. I can't imagine that being true. I would assume if they were on suicide watch, they would remove all sheets and anything else that might be used to make a rope.
              In my experience, the suicide watch is a pretty stark setting -- and somebody's actually watching. In fact, some prisons actually make that the exception to the "no cameras in the inmate's private living space". I know of a county jail near me where there are motion sensors in the suicide watch cell so somebody doesn't have to watch the detainee if he/she isn't moving. About the only way the detainee could commit suicide is to bash their head on the stainless steel sink/toilet or concrete or steel bed frame. If they're determined enough to end their lives, you're not going to be able to stop them.

Comment

If anyone had a reason to hang himself, Epstein did. He was facing a humiliating public trial about him being a pedophile and spending the rest of his life behind bars.
                He had motivation, no doubt, but a lot of other people were also motivated that he be dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  He had motivation, no doubt, but a lot of other people were also motivated that he be dead.
                  And yet they had no access to him.

Why do you believe the coroner when he said he found broken bones in his neck (which made people think he was murdered) but refuse to accept the autopsy that ruled it a suicide? If the coroner were in on it and faked the autopsy, he would never have made the first revelation about the broken bones or have said that they were inconsistent with a suicide.

Comment

• And now his three lawyers announced that they are investigating his death. Why? How are they getting paid? From his estate? The pervert is DEAD!!! How can they any longer represent him?
                    When I Survey....

Comment

If you twist toilet paper up, it becomes pretty strong. I imagine even a weak sheet would easily gain enough strength to support a hanging if twisted into a rope. And if the sheets really were weaker than toilet paper, then they would be useless as sheets, wouldn't they?
                      And if it is torn into strands, then the strands twisted followed by twisting the different strands together it will be even stronger.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                        And now his three lawyers announced that they are investigating his death. Why? How are they getting paid? From his estate? The pervert is DEAD!!! How can they any longer represent him?
                        If disposition of his estate hinges in any way on his manner of death, his executor(s) will absolutely pay for lawyers from his estate so they can keep as much of it as possible.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          If disposition of his estate hinges in any way on his manner of death, his executor(s) will absolutely pay for lawyers from his estate so they can keep as much of it as possible.
                          I didn't think of that. Most life insurance policies have a suicide exclusion.

Comment

• Was it noted here that the warden of that prison has been fired by the AG?
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              And if it is torn into strands, then the strands twisted followed by twisting the different strands together it will be even stronger.
                              But those PESKY perforations! Just need to make sure they're not all lined up together.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                                Was it noted here that the warden of that prison has been fired by the AG?
                                I thought he had been reassigned. Fired, for real?

Comment