Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They even made the Chinese hack Hillary's emails!
    newt.jpg
    Last edited by Sparko; 08-16-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

They even made the Chinese hack Hillary's emails!
      To be fair, that's a bit like accusing someone of breaking into your house when you left the front door wide open.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• clue.jpeg
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
          And the context was truth in headlines...
          You're right, Charles. You're always right.

feel better?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Comment

The Clintons have been quiet as Church mice since the portrait of Bill in a blue dress was revealed.
              I may have missed it, but I don't remember them being in the news talking about anything in quite a while. If I had to choose between "not saying anything," or "blame the other guy" at this point, I'd think the mum's the word method is the best way to go.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  I may have missed it, but I don't remember them being in the news talking about anything in quite a while. If I had to choose between "not saying anything," or "blame the other guy" at this point, I'd think the mum's the word method is the best way to go.
                  Bill did release a terse official statement distancing himself from Epstein pre-suicide and disavowing any knowledge of illegal activity. Otherwise, yeah. There was no sudden going quiet upon release of the painting.

Edit: I meant brief, not terse. Not sure why I made that mistake.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Yes, and my point was, that you snipped, is that I highly doubt MSM is going to be reporting unconfirmed facts that will fuel the conspiracy theory even more. Yes, they tend to sensationalize things, particularly when it's partisan driven. But this is not the case, in fact, just the opposite is the case.
                    I don't know what you mean by "just the opposite is the case." What specifically are your referencing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      All of the liberal talking head I have heard were saying he committed suicide and the conservatives are nuts because they think it was a murder and blaming it on Hillary or some other nefarious group.
                      Hmm. Ok. On Reddit they're almost unified in blaming Trump for the suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Bill did release a terse official statement distancing himself from Epstein pre-suicide and disavowing any knowledge of illegal activity. Otherwise, yeah. There was no sudden going quiet upon release of the painting.

Edit: I meant brief, not terse. Not sure why I made that mistake.
                        It was a fraulein slip!

I think, however, in that disclaimer, Bill SUBSTANTIALLY undercounted his documentable number of flights on Epstein's plane.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Joe Scarborough, who I think has to be considered a liberal at this point in time, immediately blamed the Russians.
                          The Atlantic reports that within hours after his death was announced both "#TrumpBodyCount (where liberals speculated that the president had offed his former friend), and #ClintonCrimeFamily (where conservatives accused Bill and Hillary Clinton of orchestrating a murderous cover-up)" were trending on twitter[1]. They also note that Scarborough as well as Clara Jeffery, the editor in chief of Mother Jones and former Senator Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) are extremely skeptical that it was suicide with the latter hinting that Trump's DoJ was responsible[2].

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman also expressed skepticism while Neera Tanden, head of the liberal Center for American Progress, tried to steer suspicion at Trump. Even Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe (who was mentioned as being on the short list for SCOTUS nominees among Democrat presidents) seemed to be pointing the finger at Trump, demanding that AG William Barr recuse himself from any investigation "that cuts this close to the bone."

So yeah, it isn't just conservatives pushing conspiracy theories about Epstein's death.

1. Conservative commentator Jonah Goldberg, in an opinion piece for the Los Angeles Times, also noted that hashtags for both "TrumpBodyCount" and "ClintonBodyCount" trended nationally.

2. Michael Moore was also saying that Trump was behind his death as did a lot of other celebutards like Debra Messing, Zach Braff, Patricia Arquette, Jeffrey Wright, Ellen Barkin (with some of them blaming Barr as well) and to a lesser extent Rob "Meathead" Reiner. Others expressing doubt but not pointing fingers include George Takei, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dave Bautista.
                          Last edited by rogue06; 08-17-2019, 12:55 PM. Reason: "conspiracy theories" not "conservative theories"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            Hmm. Ok. On Reddit they're almost unified in blaming Trump for the suicide.
                            so that's where Tassy got it from.

I was just skimming CNN after it happened and was listening to the pundits arguing about it and basically mocking the conservative hicks for blaming Hillary.

Comment

It was a fraulein slip!

I think, however, in that disclaimer, Bill SUBSTANTIALLY undercounted his documentable number of flights on Epstein's plane.
                              I think he owned up to four where in reality it was in the mid 20s.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I think he owned up to four where in reality it was in the mid 20s.
                                Yeah, I thought at the time, if he stated X, it must be at least X.... (can you please do the superscript thing to make it X squared? )

Comment