Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I don't see the odds of suicide as a necessary deterrent at all in that scenario. If that didn't work, try it again, a third, fourth, fifth time, or try something else. The fact he tried it once before didn't seem to provide the necessary means of prevention to stop it from happening a second time, so why not a third? To me the problem with the scenario is assuming who's involved and who had knowledge that it was an intentional setup. The guards are a bit of an obstacle, but if we assume they didn't actually take a bribe (strange that they're being uncooperative with investigators) and really were asleep, it's very plausible. It seems highly unlikely they just happened to be sleeping when they were guarding the most notorious criminal they had on their watch. So it was likely a regular routine with them, which means a higher-up knew this to be the case, then all that was needed was to remove a couple other barriers that the higher-up had the authority to do -- take him off suicide watch and remove his cellmate (without notifying the DoJ), both of which happened. Perfectly plausible to me, much more so than someone having an actual hand in the killing.

ETA:

Isn't it pretty common knowledge at this point that they messed up and were falsifying records? How did it even become known they were sleeping and falsifying the logs? Seems like the jig is already up. Why be uncooperative at that point and just make yourself look even more culpable or suspicious?
    I'm sorry, but I can't spell this out more clearly without publicly saying things that could be considered advice to criminals about how to help themselves during a criminal investigation. You'll have to reason this one out. Imagine being guilty, knowing they have unequivocal proof, that there's nothing you could say to lower the charges, and there's no one else to blame. What do you do?
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
      I'm sorry, but I can't spell this out more clearly without publicly saying things that could be considered advice to criminals about how to help themselves during a criminal investigation. You'll have to reason this one out. Imagine being guilty, knowing they have unequivocal proof, that there's nothing you could say to lower the charges, and there's no one else to blame. What do you do?
      Wait for the indictment to drop? But if the extent of your involvement was only falsifying logs so you could sleep, wouldn't that just PO the Feds even more to not cooperate? Maybe you could plea bargain, but if you just keep antagonizing them, wouldn't that not work in your favor? But you obviously have more expertise in this than I do.
      Last edited by seanD; 08-18-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Anyone know if this might be the same Dr Baden that testified in the defense of O.J. Simpson?
        Yes. He's kind of a "celebrity" pathologist. Possibly the best-known, though around these parts (western PA), Cyril Wecht is more famous.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
          Clam up and lawyer up.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Anybody else found anything at all about this alleged gag order that the celebrity pathologist is under?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Clam up and lawyer up.
              We knew they legal protection like days ago.

Comment

We knew they legal protection like days ago.
                Doesn't matter - if you are under suspicion or investigation SHUT UP and GET A LAWYER.

The cops are NOT your friends - and they mean that bit about ANYTHING you say being used against you. No matter how innocent you are - shut up and lawyer up.

Even more so if you're guilty.

That's not assuming anything bad - it's just how the system works.

FYI: Manafort wouldn't have been convicted if he'd talked to counsel before the FBI interview.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Doesn't matter - if you are under suspicion or investigation SHUT UP and GET A LAWYER.

The cops are NOT your friends - and they mean that bit about ANYTHING you say being used against you. No matter how innocent you are - shut up and lawyer up.

Even more so if you're guilty.

That's not assuming anything bad - it's just how the system works.

FYI: Manafort wouldn't have been convicted if he'd talked to counsel before the FBI interview.
                  Wow, that's unusual to hear from someone on tweb.

The Feds apparently have all the evidence they need so there's no point antagonizing them even more. They have the logs and they somehow already know they were asleep. I would rather pose the question to myth since he's had experience with this, but wouldn't you feel the urge to be as lenient as you can towards criminals that cooperate with you than if they don't?

OTOH, if there's something the investigators don't already know (like getting bribes, or info that could criminalize them even more), now it makes sense to me that they'd be uncooperative and wait for trial.

Comment

What she said.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      What she said.
                      You stand by "cops are not your friends"? YOU?

J/K

Comment

The Feds apparently have all the evidence they need so there's no point antagonizing them even more. They have the logs and they somehow already know they were asleep. I would rather pose the question to myth since he's had experience with this, but wouldn't you feel the urge to be as lenient as you can towards criminals that cooperate with you than if they don't?

OTOH, if there's something the investigators don't already know (like getting bribes, or info that could criminalize them even more), now it makes sense to me that they'd be uncooperative and wait for trial.
                        Once your lawyer has heard the story and made the decision of how to approach the matter - THEN you do what the lawyer says about cooperation/statements.

They aren't inclined to be lenient. That's not their job. Shut up, get lawyer - follow the lawyer's advice.

For exactly the same reason you don't do your own tonsillectomy - you aren't the professional and when dealing with the law you NEED one.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• There's a young man I work with (probably not older than 20) who randomly asked me the other night if I knew a lot about the law. He had a question about a friend's marijuana case.

I know, a sign I really need somewhere better to work...
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You stand by "cops are not your friends"? YOU?

J/K
                            He's not your friend, buddy.

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

That's beautiful. Epstein was apparently recording everything, so I hope we get more revealing photos, a whole cache of photos and videos.
                              Indeed. Given the nature of Epstein’s wealthy international social scene, it’s possible co-conspirators/participants in the illicit underage sex scene would have the means to flee into hiding or keep their identities undisclosed. Bad luck for them that the investigation is continuing.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Indeed. Given the nature of Epstein’s wealthy international social scene, it’s possible co-conspirators/participants in the illicit underage sex scene would have the means to flee into hiding or keep their identities undisclosed. Bad luck for them that the investigation is continuing.
                                demi surprised you want Clinton to go down.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment