Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Funny thing about conspiracy theories, the more evidence that is presented against it, the more convinced the lunatics are that it's true.
    Absolutely, and the LESS evidence there is for a conspiracy -- well, that proves they cleaned it up! And, by "they", I mean.... you know.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Well the person who made the accusation of “a hit” was Trump, who promulgated the unfounded theory that the Clinton's had a hand in Epstein’s death. One can only wonder why he would assume that Epstein was the victim of "a hit" at all.
      While definitely the most prominent one to comment he was far from the only one and such accusations were and are being made by both sides:
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The Atlantic reports that within hours after his death was announced both "#TrumpBodyCount (where liberals speculated that the president had offed his former friend), and #ClintonCrimeFamily (where conservatives accused Bill and Hillary Clinton of orchestrating a murderous cover-up)" were trending on twitter[1]. They also note that Scarborough as well as Clara Jeffery, the editor in chief of Mother Jones and former Senator Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) are extremely skeptical that it was suicide with the latter hinting that Trump's DoJ was responsible[2].

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman also expressed skepticism while Neera Tanden, head of the liberal Center for American Progress, tried to steer suspicion at Trump. Even Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe (who was mentioned as being on the short list for SCOTUS nominees among Democrat presidents) seemed to be pointing the finger at Trump, demanding that AG William Barr recuse himself from any investigation "that cuts this close to the bone."

So yeah, it isn't just conservatives pushing conspiracy theories about Epstein's death.

1. Conservative commentator Jonah Goldberg, in an opinion piece for the Los Angeles Times, also noted that hashtags for both "TrumpBodyCount" and "ClintonBodyCount" trended nationally.

2. Michael Moore was also saying that Trump was behind his death as did a lot of other celebutards like Debra Messing, Zach Braff, Patricia Arquette, Jeffrey Wright, Ellen Barkin (with some of them blaming Barr as well) and to a lesser extent Rob "Meathead" Reiner. Others expressing doubt but not pointing fingers include George Takei, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dave Bautista.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        This is about me, isn't it?
        Only when it's bad.

And btw... Bacon. First time it has been mentioned in 408 posts!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          Did demi miss it? How to hang self with weak bedsheet???
          Weaker than toilet paper, demi heard. If so, how to hang? Simple question.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Only when it's bad.

And btw... Bacon. First time it has been mentioned in 408 posts!
            That's simply not true! See post 410!

bacon
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
              LOL....so you assume that I'm not mindful this may all be a giant conspiracy and think I've discounted that possibility, so you to try to win this riposte arguing that I don't know what's up because I haven't investigated people like Epstein before? Very few people in the world have handled those types investigations, so that's a safe bet. My reply to that is to ask how many hangings, suicides, or homicides you've investigated before? Because if your answer is zero, I'm still an expert in this subject compared to you.

I wasn't try to make myself seem high and mighty with what I previously wrote, I just thought that my training, education, and experience was relevant information for you to consider when I made statements about homicide investigations.

I agree that your conspiracy theory is POSSIBLE, I'm just saying that you've done a poor job of explaining why it's PROBABLE. As an example, it's possible that Trump's friends from Mars used their inter-dimensional spaceship to instantaneously appear in Epstein's jail cell and strangle him. But investigations are mostly about what's probable, not what's possible.

You know, I typed a up a big long response explaining why a hyoid bone fracture in a suspected hanging from a prison cell doesn't make me lean towards homicide (absent other context like tampered video footage, etc.) But I realize you're having too much fun with this conspiracy theory to really pay attention to any of what I would have said. If you truly want to know, I'll try to find more time to explain it. But unless you ask me to, I think I'll just save myself the time at this point. (It involves what one of the owners said about prison hangings being essentially a self-strangling.)
              Though i haven't ruled it out entirely, my main argument, even from a conspiracy theory angle, has never been homicide.

Comment

That's simply not true! See post 410!

bacon
                You always were a sore loser

Comment

Nevertheless, it’s not exactly an open and shut case. Epstein's attorneys said they are not satisfied with the medical examiner's conclusions will conduct their own investigation into the circumstances of his death.
                  This might be a good way to get an independent perspective of the investigation, but I'm wondering how much power they have -- do they have access to the investigative documentation, can they view the video footage, interview the staff, examine the cell, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Though i haven't ruled it out entirely, my main argument, even from a conspiracy theory angle, has never been homicide.
                    So your argument was.....?
                    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                      So your argument was.....?
                      The post you responded to earlier...

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I don't think you can compare other instances of carelessness with a high profile prisoner as Epstein. Possible, but seems highly unlikely, especially since he apparently tried it once before. If it was a conspiracy, the most likely scenario is that they allowed him to do it, maybe even persuaded him.

Comment

This might be a good way to get an independent perspective of the investigation, but I'm wondering how much power they have -- do they have access to the investigative documentation, can they view the video footage, interview the staff, examine the cell, etc?
                        Supposedly, there were other representatives present for the actual autopsy to guaranty the process was 'clean'. I'll try to find those names.

Comment

Even if blocked from accessing crucial material the very fact of such a blockage is telling in and of itself and may provoke demands for broader investigation.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Even if blocked from accessing crucial material the very fact of such a blockage is telling in and of itself and may provoke demands for broader investigation.
                            Man, I hope this continues and these scumbags don't get off Scot free. I don't care what high profile figure, political or otherwise is involved and exposed. I read a lot of the court testimonies from female victims and it breaks my heart. I don't have kids, but I can't imagine if this happened to my daughter...

Comment

Supposedly, there were other representatives present for the actual autopsy to guaranty the process was 'clean'. I'll try to find those names.
                              At one point Michael Baden was mentioned, but that was several days ago, and I have not heard his name mentioned since then.

Cyril "Don't get between me and a camera!" Wecht has been making the rounds on FNC. He's stoking the "something's hinky" fires, but gently.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Man, I hope this continues and these scumbags don't get off Scot free. I don't care what high profile figure, political or otherwise is involved and exposed. I read a lot of the court testimonies from female victims and it breaks my heart. I don't have kids, but I can't imagine if this happened to my daughter...
                                I suspect that it will continue, the autopsy examiner was clearly not happy with his findings. He had previously stopped short of ruling on a cause of death, determining only that Epstein had broken multiple bones in his neck.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment