Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And that's the point where you erred.
    Hope springs eternal.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Hush. I'm giving JimL the opportunity to think things through.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hope springs eternal.
        Something about you I truly admire.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hope springs eternal.
          So you're hoping for a full blown miracle?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In cases like this it is more likely that a guard was being blackmailed rather than bribed.
            It doesn't even have to be blackmail or bribery. It could be that the superiors knew the conditions were extremely lax (due to whatever reasons -- reports are saying the staff was overworked) and took advantage of that situation. Though I do find it strange the guards have sought legal protection.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              It doesn't even have to be blackmail or bribery. It could be that the superiors knew the conditions were extremely lax (due to whatever reasons -- reports are saying the staff was overworked) and took advantage of that situation. Though I do find it strange the guards have sought legal protection.
              It looks like they falsified the logs to make it look like they had checked in on him every 30 minutes like they were supposed to but hadn't looked in on him for a few hours.

Source: Jeffrey Epstein's guards allegedly falsified logs to cover up lapse in cell checks: Sources

A review of surveillance camera footage from inside the Metropolitan Correction Center (MCC) in New York showed that two guards who were supposed to check on Jeffery Epstein every 30 minutes never made their appointed rounds in the hours when the millionaire sex offender died in his cell by apparent suicide, sources familiar with the investigation confirmed to ABC News.

The MCC staff members, who have been placed on temporary leave, are suspected of falsifying log entries to show they made the proper checks on Epstein and other inmates in the Special Housing Unit at the federal lockup in Manhattan, but those log entries have been contradicted by the surveillance footage, the sources said.

The two staff members, who have not been publicly identified, have yet to be interviewed by agents from Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) or the U.S. Office of Inspector General (OIG), the two agencies conducting investigations into the circumstances of Epstein's death, sources told ABC News.

A DOJ official tells ABC News that an "after-action" team from the Bureau of Prisons (BOP) is visiting MCC Wednesday, where they're set to look into the way prison officials handled Epstein's detention in the days and weeks leading up to his death by suicide.

On Tuesday, a separate team of BOP psychologists visited MCC to reconstruct how Epstein was able to take his own life in his cell and further probed the decision-making process that led to Epstein being taken off of suicide watch.

These reviews are in addition to the already-ongoing investigations by the FBI and OIG, the official said.

The New York Times reported Wednesday that the two guards had fallen asleep during their shifts and did not check on Epstein for three hours.

Epstein, 66, who was being held at the jail without bail, was found unresponsive in his cell around 6:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Bureau of Prisons said. He was transported in cardiac arrest to a Manhattan hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to sources.

ABC News has previously reported the staff failed to follow protocol that requires welfare checks every 30 minutes.

His apparent suicide occurred after he was previously found on July 23 unresponsive in his cell with marks on his neck and taken to a hospital, sources with knowledge of the episode told ABC News. He was placed on suicide watch, but removed on July 29 after jail officials determined he was no longer a threat to himself, sources said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

If true they're gonna need a lawyer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Serious question: The only jail I've ever been to was the 1600s jail on display in Williamsburg, VA. So I have no idea how prisons work. There were apparently no cameras on Epstein's cell, but is there any conceivable way somebody could have made their way to the housing area without being detected by some camera?
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  Serious question: The only jail I've ever been to was the 1600s jail on display in Williamsburg, VA. So I have no idea how prisons work. There were apparently no cameras on Epstein's cell, but is there any conceivable way somebody could have made their way to the housing area without being detected by some camera?
                  Not realistically, no. Correct - most prisons do not allow an invasion of the prisoner's privacy in the cell itself, but most prisons are camera tech jungles.

Comment

• Well, well. So he MAY have committed suicide through staff misconduct.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Well, well. So he MAY have committed suicide through staff misconduct.
                      And it doesn't even have to be... what's the word... devious or contrived or... it could be just a really bad jail structure, work ethic, morale... I don't know.

I do know that about 5 years ago, our county jail had a MAJOR shakeup because of lax protocols and extremely bad practices, and they have managed to turn that around to be awarded "best practices" for jail management. They had to bring in a "jail captain" whose singular purpose is the smooth and efficient running of the jail according to the Texas Commission of Jail Standards.

Comment

• This was interesting...

Epstein frequently made his employees and contractors Β— from the construction workers who built his island mansion to his caretaker in Palm Beach Β— sign nondisclosure agreements forbidding them to discuss any activity they saw on his property. But in an interview, Miami Herald reporter Julie K. Brown stated that these employees are no longer held to secrecy upon his death. In June, she also noted that NDAs signed by victims who had previously settled with Epstein prohibited them from discussing the financial details of their award, not the details of the alleged abuse. Attorney David Boies told the Washington Post in June that he was representing two alleged victims who had signed NDAs.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...ins-death.html
                        So not only will the judge likely throw out the immunity protection (if they haven't already done so), which will allow the criminal investigation to progress, but NDAs are nullified which will presumably help in the civil suits that are set to rain down for the victims.

It's looking more and more to me that someone on top of the federal food chain with a lot of authority just had had enough and concluded this was the only option for justice moving forward. I do believe there are still a remnant of good people in the criminal justice system. That's my conspiratorial hypothesis (my what if) and I'm sticking to it unless I see evidence to the contrary.

Apparently, as far as the criminal case, they'll now be going after Epstein's co-conspirators such as the group of women he used to recruit young girls, particularly his head recruiter Ghislaine Maxwell. All I got to say is, madame Maxwell better hire some serious personal security

Comment

...It's looking more and more to me that someone on top of the federal food chain with a lot of authority just had had enough and concluded this was the only option for justice moving forward...
                          Just to be clear - you're thinking that somebody "on top of the federal food chain" arranged to have him killed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Just to be clear - you're thinking that somebody "on top of the federal food chain" arranged to have him killed?
                            Or arranged it so he could kill himself, maybe even persuaded him to do it. If it is in fact a conspiracy, yes. I'm just saying that that sounds more plausible to me purely as a conspiracy hypothesis than believing someone offed him for more nefarious reasons -- presumably to shut him up in order to cover crimes of others associated with him, which is the predominant belief. Though I'm not ruling that out entirely either. I seriously doubt the Clintons had the means to get to Epstein than others in a much better position of authority did. They're evil, but they're not omnipotent. So if the latter is the case, then that takes us down a very deep and dark rabbit hole I don't think any of us want to go.

Comment

Or arranged it so he could kill himself, maybe even persuaded him to do it. If it is in fact a conspiracy, yes. I'm just saying that that sounds more plausible to me purely as a conspiracy hypothesis than believing someone offed him for more nefarious reasons -- presumably to shut him up in order to cover crimes of others associated with him, which is the predominant belief. Though I'm not ruling that out entirely either. I seriously doubt the Clintons had the means to get to Epstein than others in a much better position of authority did. They're evil, but they're not omnipotent. So if the latter is the case, then that takes us down a very deep and dark rabbit hole I don't think any of us want to go.
                              OK, thanks. And "nefarious" is the word I was looking for earlier.

Comment

In cases like this it is more likely that a guard was being blackmailed rather than bribed.
                                Perhaps. But in some way, it seems on the face of it that the guards were encouraged into inaction. The real question is why and by whom.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment