Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    If you twist toilet paper up, it becomes pretty strong. I imagine even a weak sheet would easily gain enough strength to support a hanging if twisted into a rope. And if the sheets really were weaker than toilet paper, then they would be useless as sheets, wouldn't they?
    Yes, possible. Videos of outside is best proof.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

So the conspiracy nuts believe the coroner when they said he broke the bones in his neck
      The coroner did NOT say “he broke the bones in his neck”, he said “Jeffrey Epstein had multiple broken bones in his neck". Get the distinction?

and they think that means foul play, but they don't believe the coroner when he says it was suicide?
      People aren’t necessarily arguing “foul play”, but that the conjunction of circumstances indicates there might be and that further investigation is in order.
      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        The coroner did NOT say “he broke the bones in his neck”, he said “Jeffrey Epstein had multiple broken bones in his neck". Get the distinction?

People aren’t necessarily arguing “foul play”, but that the conjunction of circumstances indicates there might be and that further investigation is in order.
        So you both believe the coroner who says "he had a broken Hyoid bone" in his neck, and saying "that doesn't usually occur with hangings" and don't believe the coroner when he says after finishing his examination that he did commit suicide?

Again you toss away the actual investigation and claim "we need to do our own investigation!"

Do you know what confirmation bias is? It is what you are looking for.

Comment

So you both believe the coroner who says "he had a broken Hyoid bone" in his neck, and saying "that doesn't usually occur with hangings" and don't believe the coroner when he says after finishing his examination that he did commit suicide?

Again you toss away the actual investigation and claim "we need to do our own investigation!"

Do you know what confirmation bias is? It is what you are looking for.
          The investigation is ongoing, Sparko. Death by hanging isn't necessarily suicide, and there are too many suspiscious issues associated with this event that need be cleared up. That's all. No one is saying it wasn't suicide. But we want to know what the evidence itself is, not just accept the conclusion stated, such as we got from Atty Gen. Barr regarding the Mueller report.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The investigation is ongoing, Sparko. Death by hanging isn't necessarily suicide, and there are too many suspiscious issues associated with this event that need be cleared up. That's all. No one is saying it wasn't suicide. But we want to know what the evidence itself is, not just accept the conclusion stated, such as we got from Atty Gen. Barr regarding the Mueller report.
            No the investigation into the cause of his death is not ongoing. They ruled it a suicide.

Comment

No the investigation into the cause of his death is not ongoing. They ruled it a suicide.
              Yes, but as I said, death by hanging is not necessarily suicide, so there is no way for that to be determined with certainty. Coroners get it wrong all the time, like Dr Baden in the O.J. case. The investigation could turn up evidence to the contrary of the coroners analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Yes, but as I said, death by hanging is not necessarily suicide, so there is no way for that to be determined with certainty. Coroners get it wrong all the time, like Dr Baden in the O.J. case. The investigation could turn up evidence to the contrary of the coroners analysis.
                You can spit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first.

/end cowpoke mode.

Comment

You can spit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up first.

/end cowpoke mode.
                  Why did you end cowpoke mode twice?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Comment

Think different
                      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Cite tags do that, too.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Adding "end" was redundant.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Adding "end" was redundant.
                            You need to work on your sense of humor.

Comment

You need to work on your sense of humor.
                              RIP in peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                Yeah, I think it depends on the issue, but kind of along with what you're saying I see this video ALL of the time posted on other forums (particularly Reddit)

It's a "don't talk to cops" video with a presentation from a legal expert on the subject. I think there's wisdom here, though I think some people (especially those who post it a lot online) take it WAY too far. I've seen people take this so seriously that they recommend not talking to cops even if pulled over for a traffic violation, which seems to me to be a great way of getting yourself a ticket. There's a hilarious skit from Bob & Dave (Bob Odenkirk and David Cross) starring Keegan-Michael Key with a sov-cit type demonstrating your legal rights about talking to cops. I can't link it here because of language, but it's pretty much what I imagine those folks who take the "do not talk to cops" motto too far act like.
                                I think the only time that advice applies is if you've been arrested and read the Miranda warning (which police read with the hope that you'll naively waive your rights and talk to them anyway). Then it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut until you've spoken with a lawyer.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment