Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    He's not your friend, buddy.

He's not your buddy, pal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Once your lawyer has heard the story and made the decision of how to approach the matter - THEN you do what the lawyer says about cooperation/statements.

They aren't inclined to be lenient. That's not their job. Shut up, get lawyer - follow the lawyer's advice.

For exactly the same reason you don't do your own tonsillectomy - you aren't the professional and when dealing with the law you NEED one.
      In our concealed carry classes, the instructors will drill down on that.... if you had to shoot, even if you believe it's 100% 'righteous', do NOT talk to the police beyond the absolute basic information without your lawyer.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        In our concealed carry classes, the instructors will drill down on that.... if you had to shoot, even if you believe it's 100% 'righteous', do NOT talk to the police beyond the absolute basic information without your lawyer.
        I would say do not even attempt to convey basic information because it's too easy to talk yourself into trouble. Simply tell the police, "I will not answer any questions until I've spoken with legal counsel." And then let your lawyer do all the talking!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• We obviously have no choice but to wait and see what the investigation uncovers, to see what the actual evidnce shows. In the meantime the details concerning Epstein death that are known are very suspiscious indeed. When I see the answers to those questions, then I'll make up my mind as to what I believe happened. Until then, the facts that are known, make me suspect something fishy went on here. And if those questiones aren't answered, if they are somehow covered up, then I think there is no other reasonable choice for me but to believe the worst, that Epstein was either murdered, or allowed to commit suicide, in order to protect some very important, and some very wealthy, co-conspirators.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I would say do not even attempt to convey basic information because it's too easy to talk yourself into trouble. Simply tell the police, "I will not answer any questions until I've spoken with legal counsel." And then let your lawyer do all the talking!
            By "basic information", I meant - call 911 and tell them there's a dead body on your porch. THAT kind of basic information.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              We obviously have no choice but to wait and see what the investigation uncovers, to see what the actual evidnce shows. In the meantime the details concerning Epstein death that are known are very suspiscious indeed. When I see the answers to those questions, then I'll make up my mind as to what I believe happened. Until then, the facts that are known, make me suspect something fishy went on here. And if those questiones aren't answered, if they are somehow covered up, then I think there is no other reasonable choice for me but to believe the worst, that Epstein was either murdered, or allowed to commit suicide, in order to protect some very important, and some very wealthy, co-conspirators.
              Jim, you toss out a bunch of questions, some of which depend on the notion that a previous question is unanswerable. And you start of with "we have no choice to wait", then you launch into all kinds of speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                The point of it isn't to go sentence by sentence;
                But some people do exactly that **cough**Carp**cough**

it's to go point by point.
                But sometimes it just goes too far, breaking out each sub point...

I don't see how it should result in taking anything out of context;
                It depends on how the post is broken up.

if anything, it should help pin down the context, especially in a conversation where multiple talking points are being debated.
                But when someone breaks up a post and gives a terse or one word answer, then when the first guy replies, you lose all context.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Please
                  OK

start
                  now?

strictly
                  how strictly?
                  enforcing
                  OK we will start banning!

these rules
                  Just those or all of them?

forthwith.
                  This seems redundant.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Weaker than toilet paper, demi heard. If so, how to hang? Simple question.
                    If you twist toilet paper up, it becomes pretty strong. I imagine even a weak sheet would easily gain enough strength to support a hanging if twisted into a rope. And if the sheets really were weaker than toilet paper, then they would be useless as sheets, wouldn't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      But some people do exactly that **cough**Carp**cough**
                      In real life, when we're in conversation, we don't go on and on and on without the other person having an opportunity to respond.

That's why I think brevity and concision are a lost art in online 'debates'.

If I say something to you in real life, you have an opportunity to say, "no, hold on a second - that was Rogue who said that".
                      Then you could say, "Oh, ok, I'll go talk to Rogue".
                      Instead, you lay out your entire screed, then I feel obligated to point out it wasn't me who said it, but, BY THE WAY, you're wrong on .......

But then, we wouldn't be able to spend hours and hours and hours arguing back and forth when it could have been nipped in the bud early in the conversation!

Comment

• So the conspiracy nuts believe the coroner when they said he broke the bones in his neck and they think that means foul play, but they don't believe the coroner when he says it was suicide?

Comment

If you twist toilet paper up, it becomes pretty strong. I imagine even a weak sheet would easily gain enough strength to support a hanging if twisted into a rope. And if the sheets really were weaker than toilet paper, then they would be useless as sheets, wouldn't they?
                          While sheets might not be allowed in an actual suicide watch setting, Epstein wasn't in one at the time, so I think this whole argument is weaker than used toilet paper, and just as stinky.

Comment

So the conspiracy nuts believe the coroner when they said he broke the bones in his neck and they think that means foul play, but they don't believe the coroner when he says it was suicide?
                            Just like the whole Mueller report --- you just wait, you'll see.... then when the Mueller report comes out... "Screw that, we'll do our OWN analysis - give us the source documents".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Jim, you toss out a bunch of questions, some of which depend on the notion that a previous question is unanswerable. And you start of with "we have no choice to wait", then you launch into all kinds of speculation.
                              Wev already know certain things which are suspect. Allegedly, Epstein claimed to have been attacked the first time the claim of attempted suicide was made. What did his cell mate have to say about it? If it was an attempt at suicide, then why on earth would he, such an important prisoner, be taken off suicide watch? Why was he left alone in his cell? Why did he have sheets strong enough to hang himself with if he already tried it once? Ridiculous! Why were the guards even allowed to be lax of protocol with such an important prisoner on hand.
                              These aren't unanswerable questions, they just haven't been answered, and being suspicious to begin with they need be answered if it is expected that reasonable people will believe that it was indeed suicide.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Wev already know certain things which are suspect. Allegedly, Epstein claimed to have been attacked the first time the claim of attempted suicide was made. What did his cell mate have to say about it? If it was an attempt at suicide, then why on earth would he, such an important prisoner, be taken off suicide watch? Why was he left alone in his cell? Why did he have sheets strong enough to hang himself with if he already tried it once? Ridiculous! Why were the guards even allowed to be lax of protocol with such an important prisoner on hand.
                                These aren't unanswerable questions, they just haven't been answered, and being suspicious to begin with they need be answered if it is expected that reasonable people will believe that it was indeed suicide.
                                So, seriously, what happened to....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                We obviously have no choice but to wait and see what the investigation uncovers....

As it is, the official report is that it was suicide. If new information comes forward, I'll be happy to consider that. But not guessing and speculation.

Comment