Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Wow, that's unusual to hear from someone on tweb.

The Feds apparently have all the evidence they need so there's no point antagonizing them even more. They have the logs and they somehow already know they were asleep. I would rather pose the question to myth since he's had experience with this, but wouldn't you feel the urge to be as lenient as you can towards criminals that cooperate with you than if they don't?

OTOH, if there's something the investigators don't already know (like getting bribes, or info that could criminalize them even more), now it makes sense to me that they'd be uncooperative and wait for trial.
    Once your lawyer has heard the story and made the decision of how to approach the matter - THEN you do what the lawyer says about cooperation/statements.

They aren't inclined to be lenient. That's not their job. Shut up, get lawyer - follow the lawyer's advice.

For exactly the same reason you don't do your own tonsillectomy - you aren't the professional and when dealing with the law you NEED one.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There's a young man I work with (probably not older than 20) who randomly asked me the other night if I knew a lot about the law. He had a question about a friend's marijuana case.

I know, a sign I really need somewhere better to work...
    "Technology has, in an enhanced way, given mockers a platform to set society on fire with polarizing speech. Internet culture privileges those whose insults are click bait." - Timothy Keller

3. Amen Teallaura, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You stand by "cops are not your friends"? YOU?

J/K
    He's not your friend, buddy.

TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

5. Amen Teallaura, seanD, DesertBerean, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's beautiful. Epstein was apparently recording everything, so I hope we get more revealing photos, a whole cache of photos and videos.
    Indeed. Given the nature of Epsteinís wealthy international social scene, itís possible co-conspirators/participants in the illicit underage sex scene would have the means to flee into hiding or keep their identities undisclosed. Bad luck for them that the investigation is continuing.
    ďHe felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.Ē - Douglas Adams.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Indeed. Given the nature of Epsteinís wealthy international social scene, itís possible co-conspirators/participants in the illicit underage sex scene would have the means to flee into hiding or keep their identities undisclosed. Bad luck for them that the investigation is continuing.
    demi surprised you want Clinton to go down.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    He's not your friend, buddy.

He's not your buddy, pal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

9. Amen Raphael, Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    Once your lawyer has heard the story and made the decision of how to approach the matter - THEN you do what the lawyer says about cooperation/statements.

They aren't inclined to be lenient. That's not their job. Shut up, get lawyer - follow the lawyer's advice.

For exactly the same reason you don't do your own tonsillectomy - you aren't the professional and when dealing with the law you NEED one.
    In our concealed carry classes, the instructors will drill down on that.... if you had to shoot, even if you believe it's 100% 'righteous', do NOT talk to the police beyond the absolute basic information without your lawyer.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In our concealed carry classes, the instructors will drill down on that.... if you had to shoot, even if you believe it's 100% 'righteous', do NOT talk to the police beyond the absolute basic information without your lawyer.
    I would say do not even attempt to convey basic information because it's too easy to talk yourself into trouble. Simply tell the police, "I will not answer any questions until I've spoken with legal counsel." And then let your lawyer do all the talking!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We obviously have no choice but to wait and see what the investigation uncovers, to see what the actual evidnce shows. In the meantime the details concerning Epstein death that are known are very suspiscious indeed. When I see the answers to those questions, then I'll make up my mind as to what I believe happened. Until then, the facts that are known, make me suspect something fishy went on here. And if those questiones aren't answered, if they are somehow covered up, then I think there is no other reasonable choice for me but to believe the worst, that Epstein was either murdered, or allowed to commit suicide, in order to protect some very important, and some very wealthy, co-conspirators.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I would say do not even attempt to convey basic information because it's too easy to talk yourself into trouble. Simply tell the police, "I will not answer any questions until I've spoken with legal counsel." And then let your lawyer do all the talking!
    By "basic information", I meant - call 911 and tell them there's a dead body on your porch. THAT kind of basic information.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

15. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.