Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    Incontrovertible? Who said Trump banned Epstein from his properties for accosting an underage staffer, Trump? He’s a pathological liar. It’s hard to believe that Trump would be shocked at Epstein’s sexual activities given Trump’s own record of exploitative sexual aggression towards women. This is Trump performing his tried and true "I barely knew him" strategy. Let's remember that it was Epstein who introduced Melania to Donald.
    Who said Epstein introduced Melania to Donald, Epstein? He’s proven depraved pedophile, also liar.
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      I haven't looked into who's supposed to be involved. But the memes floating around on social media are hilarious, many focusing on the Clintons.
      Indeed. The most absurd part is POTUS himself feeding the frenzy. And the irony is that Donald Trump has at least as much motive and capability to have been behind a faked suicide as anyone. Though mostly I'd suspect his retweet of the conspiracy theory has more to do with his unending quest for revenge against Hillary Clinton.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You really don't seem to understand the impeachment process at all, though it has been explained to you multiple times.

Here's what Rogue said...

Whether the Senate votes to remove from office or not does not change the fact that the House can impeach.

Rouge is absolutely correct - the Senate cannot stop the House from impeaching Trump.

The mistake you repeatedly make is failing to understand that impeachment is simply the House side of the equation. For example, Bill Clinton was impeached by the House. He was not removed by the Senate.
        Yeah, I think most everyone that follows the issue, including myself understands that, CP, but impeachment is a term that most of us use in general to describe the entire process. You and rogue just like to point it out as an error so that you can show your intellectual superiority as if your interlocuter just doesn't know what they're talking about when you know in fact that they do. It's a losers tactic!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I don't actually buy the trope that the Clintons go around surreptitiously removing dozens of people on command. If they were that powerful, Hillary would be president.
          Unfortunately the right wing propagandists understand that if you say a thing often enough, many people will come to believe it. The Russians know it as well!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            You were claiming that the Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was keeping the House of Representatives from impeaching Trump. That little jimmy revealed a woeful level of ignorance -- much like your claim that the House and Senate operated under the separate but equal doctrine.
            Wrong. Not that Moscow Mitch and the Senate are preventing the House from impeaching, but that the unlikely chances of the corrupt Moscow Mitch and his republican majority Senate of ever convicting Trump makes opening an impeachment inquiry a difficult decision for both the House and the good of the country. They need the american people to see all the evidence making it nearly impossible for the corrupt Moscow Mitch and his majority Senate to dismiss it and so not convict. And even at that point, should they not convict in the face of overwhelming evidence, the exposure allows the american people to make a more informed decision at the ballot box. That's what you're all so worried about, in your hypocricy, you all of a sudden no longer like transparency.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              While I don't subscribe to the idea that they murder those who get in their way, Hillary lost largely due to arrogance on her part. She thought it was in the bag, that her victory was assured. That was why, in part, she kept taking so much time off from campaigning (that and health issues) as well as not even bothering to campaigning in several key states.
              Probably was in the bag, she wasn'rt counting on the Russian/Trump campaign collusion effect.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                Who said Epstein introduced Melania to Donald, Epstein? He’s proven depraved pedophile, also liar.
                Well, he is Trumps buddy what kind of character would you expect of him. You know, birds of a feather!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Yeah, I think most everyone that follows the issue, including myself understands that, CP, but impeachment is a term that most of us use in general to describe the entire process. You and rogue just like to point it out as an error so that you can show your intellectual superiority as if your interlocuter just doesn't know what they're talking about when you know in fact that they do. It's a losers tactic!
                  No, "impeachment" has a specific meaning, and people who use the word to mean something different are just displaying their ignorance.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    No, "impeachment" has a specific meaning, and people who use the word to mean something different are just displaying their ignorance.

Comment

Yeah, I think most everyone that follows the issue, including myself understands that, CP, but impeachment is a term that most of us use in general to describe the entire process.
                      No, Jim - impeachment is a very specific concept, and those of us who understand it realize that the Senate has no role in preventing it. All they can do is "not convict" when the case gets handed to them if, indeed, there is an impeachment.

You and rogue just like to point it out as an error so that you can show your intellectual superiority as if your interlocuter just doesn't know what they're talking about when you know in fact that they do. It's a losers tactic!
                      As I have stated before, I have been challenged by brothers to stop ridiculing your spelling and grammar -- I will not, however, pass on pointing out where you are factually wrong. The Senate does not initiate, control, direct, prevent.... they have no role in the actual impeachment process until it gets handed to them for a decision to remove the impeached.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wrong. Not that Moscow Mitch and the Senate are preventing the House from impeaching,
                        Because they have no power to do so.

but that the unlikely chances of the corrupt Moscow Mitch and his republican majority Senate of ever convicting Trump makes opening an impeachment inquiry a difficult decision for both the House and the good of the country.
                        Not really - if the Democrats think they have something that will cause the American people to see the need to remove Trump from office, they need to proceed. That they DON'T proceed simply because they feel the Republicans will not vote to remove Trump shows what a bunch of cowards the Democrats are. The truth is, they (all of them) make their calculations on impeachment based on whether they will lose their own power in congress in upcoming elections.

It's entirely political.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Probably was in the bag, she wasn'rt counting on the Russian/Trump campaign collusion effect.
                          I think her bigger problem was that she ignored her husband's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I think her bigger problem was that she ignored her husband's advice.
                            You mean she counted her chickens before they hatched?
                            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                              You mean she counted her chickens before they hatched?
                              She abandoned the middle class, probably BECAUSE she counted her chickens before they hatched.

Losers: Clinton Campaign Ignored Bill’s Advice And Felt White Working Class Voters Weren’t Worth The Time

Comment

Always can count on you to show a complete disconnect from and disregard for reality.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment