Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It was a fraulein slip!

I think, however, in that disclaimer, Bill SUBSTANTIALLY undercounted his documentable number of flights on Epstein's plane.
    And he also failed to mention that he made several trips without his secret service.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah, I thought at the time, if he stated X, it must be at least X.... (can you please do the superscript thing to make it X squared? )
      X2

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        X2
        I can always count on you, brudder.

(I should have known it was the supper tags)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Although I think X3 is probably more accurate.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Although I think X3 is probably more accurate.
            Yes, at LEAST 2 suppers - more likely 3 or 4.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              I don't know what you mean by "just the opposite is the case." What specifically are your referencing?
              Well, this is what happens when you snip posts out of context. Your initial argument was that we can't rely on MSM for the facts because they tend to sensationalize stories for profit. My argument is that this isn't necessarily so since they can't spin this in any sort of partisan favor. It works against both Clinton and Trump. But when Trump came out and publicly propagated a Clinton conspiracy, they really went on the defensive. So my belief is most of the things MSM is reporting about this case are pretty solid because they wouldn't want to report any unnecessary unconfirmed information (that we might view as sensational) that would further fuel it as a conspiracy. And like I said before, for the most part, MSM is actually dissuading any belief in a conspiracy and seem to be satisfied with the belief it was just suicide, and anyone thinking differently is just a conspiracy nut.

And btw, IF this was conspiracy, then we would assume the perpetrators with the power and authority to carry it out are some of the same perpetrators in charge of the investigation. Which means, we might expect the investigation and official story not to be so reliable. Therein lies the paradox of a government conspiracy

Comment

Yes, at LEAST 2 suppers - more likely 3 or 4.
                [roy mode]
                42 = 16. Almost two-thirds the known number
                43 = 64. Almost 3 times the known number
                44 = 256. Something like 10 times the known number
                [/roy mode]

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Well, this is what happens when you snip posts out of context.
                  You need to simmer down brother. I snipped because I didn't see the relevancy of the rest of your post to the bit I was replying to (and I still don't).

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  Your initial argument was that we can't rely on MSM for the facts because they tend to sensationalize stories for profit.
                  When was that my initial argument? The only real argument I've made in this thread is that we should wait to see how things pan out before jumping to conclusions about conspiracy.

My argument is that this isn't necessarily so since they can't spin this in any sort of partisan favor. It works against both Clinton and Trump. But when Trump came out and publicly propagated a Clinton conspiracy, they really went on the defensive.
                  IF they went on the defensive it's because THE President of the United States implied that the Clintons were part of a conspiracy. You expect talking heads in the news NOT to respond to something like that? If what you're doing is asking for fairness, in the sense that you think they should be going on the defensive about accusations against Trump, we'd have to see the Clintons making similar implications about Trump. That hasn't happened.

So my belief is most of the things MSM is reporting about this case are pretty solid because they wouldn't want to report any unnecessary unconfirmed information (that we might view as sensational) that would further fuel it as a conspiracy.
                  That's a good thing.

But like I said before, for the most, MSM is actually dissuading any belief in a conspiracy and seem to be satisfied with the belief it was just suicide, and anyone thinking differently is just a conspiracy nut.
                  You make that sound like it's a bad thing.

And btw, IF this was conspiracy, then we would assume the perpetrators with the power and authority to carry it out are some of the same perpetrators in charge of the investigation. Which means, we might expect the investigation and official story not to be so reliable. Therein lies the paradox of a government conspiracy
                  Therein lies the paradox of just about all conspiracies. Whether it be the Illuminati taking over the world, that men didn't land on the moon, that jet fuel can't melt steel beams. Which is why it's probably best not to trust most conspiracies.

Comment

• I'm not going to respond Adrift when you butcher my posts like that, sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I'm not going to respond Adrift when you butcher my posts like that, sorry.
                      It's not a "butchering" of a post. With the exception of MM, just about everyone else on Theologyweb is fine (and has been fine since it's inception) with replying to posts point by point. It's one of the benefits of discussion in an online written format. This is not a formal debate. In real life, I'd interject to make a point, or to rebut a misunderstanding. Here I can do so by using multiple quotes.

Comment

It's not a "butchering" of a post. With the exception of MM, just about everyone else on Theologyweb is fine (and has been fine since it's inception) with replying to posts point by point. It's one of the benefits of discussion in an online written format. This is not a formal debate. In real life, I'd interject to make a point, or to rebut a misunderstanding. Here I can do so by using multiple quotes.
                        Sean has long expressed his distaste for that method.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Sean has long expressed his distaste for that method.
                          Yeah I know. In my opinion it's a bit silly to expect the rest of the forum to bend to his style of posting.

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the long "cut up" stuff either, but how else can you respond to the various points made?

The only way around that, in this venue, would be for each person to keep their initial post short and succinct, limited to one major point.

I think that's why I poke my good friend Carpe so much about verbosity.

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the long "cut up" stuff either, but how else can you respond to the various points made?
                              I

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              The only way around that, in this venue, would be for each person to keep their initial post short and succinct, limited to one major point.
                              Totally

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think that's why I poke my good friend Carpe so much about verbosity.
                              Agree.

Comment

Yeah I know. In my opinion it's a bit silly to expect the rest of the forum to bend to his style of posting.
                                Just wanted to inform you that it isn't anything personal on your part. This has been a pet peeve of his for years.

Comment