Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Still too many anomalies and unanswered questions.

I missed part of the interview, but Cyril Wecht believes the medical evidence disclosed so far is not sufficiently accounted for by suicide by "leaning forward" with a bedsheet noose in place. It would require "velocity," such as from jumping from the top bunk. I didn't catch all he said, but I got the impression he believed the top bunk showed no signs of having been used.

OTOH, video cameras show no one in the vicinity of the cell during the hours in which the death is believed to have occurred.

Complete autopsy details must be reviewed. Condition of the cell, especially the top bunk, must be documented as accurately as possible. Video equipment must be checked for tampering. Timing of the death must be verified to the extent possible.

MCC personnel have been less than totally cooperative with investigators.
    I think a lot of your questions may be answered if you had access to the actual case file. The frustrating thing is that a bed sheet will leave less physical evidence compared with a belt or rope. The pressure on the anchor point and the victim's neck is distributed along a greater surface area. That means less damage to the skin and less chance of impressions on the anchor, even in a higher velocity situations.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

2. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's silly that anyone would complain about what I consider a normal and organized way of dealing with a multi-point post, and I would probably block someone for whining about it. And I almost NEVER block people.
    This is about me, isn't it?
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    That's because for them when conservatives make unfounded allegations it is nothing more than crazy talk but when liberals do it then it is entirely sensible and reasonable and needs to be thoroughly investigated (and re-investigated until they get the result they want).
    Like, even though there's no proof, the seriousness of the charge requires an investigation.

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Do you think that will end the conspiracy theory frenzy, or just feed it more?
    Funny thing about conspiracy theories, the more evidence that is presented against it, the more convinced the lunatics are that it's true.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OTOH, video cameras show no one in the vicinity of the cell during the hours in which the death is believed to have occurred.
    The popular theory is that he was done in by the EMT crew.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Funny thing about conspiracy theories, the more evidence that is presented against it, the more convinced the lunatics are that it's true.
    Absolutely, and the LESS evidence there is for a conspiracy -- well, that proves they cleaned it up! And, by "they", I mean.... you know.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    Well the person who made the accusation of “a hit” was Trump, who promulgated the unfounded theory that the Clinton's had a hand in Epstein’s death. One can only wonder why he would assume that Epstein was the victim of "a hit" at all.
    While definitely the most prominent one to comment he was far from the only one and such accusations were and are being made by both sides:

The Atlantic reports that within hours after his death was announced both "#TrumpBodyCount (where liberals speculated that the president had offed his former friend), and #ClintonCrimeFamily (where conservatives accused Bill and Hillary Clinton of orchestrating a murderous cover-up)" were trending on twitter[1]. They also note that Scarborough as well as Clara Jeffery, the editor in chief of Mother Jones and former Senator Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) are extremely skeptical that it was suicide with the latter hinting that Trump's DoJ was responsible[2].

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman also expressed skepticism while Neera Tanden, head of the liberal Center for American Progress, tried to steer suspicion at Trump. Even Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Tribe (who was mentioned as being on the short list for SCOTUS nominees among Democrat presidents) seemed to be pointing the finger at Trump, demanding that AG William Barr recuse himself from any investigation "that cuts this close to the bone."

So yeah, it isn't just conservatives pushing conspiracy theories about Epstein's death.

1. Conservative commentator Jonah Goldberg, in an opinion piece for the Los Angeles Times, also noted that hashtags for both "TrumpBodyCount" and "ClintonBodyCount" trended nationally.

2. Michael Moore was also saying that Trump was behind his death as did a lot of other celebutards like Debra Messing, Zach Braff, Patricia Arquette, Jeffrey Wright, Ellen Barkin (with some of them blaming Barr as well) and to a lesser extent Rob "Meathead" Reiner. Others expressing doubt but not pointing fingers include George Takei, Jamie Lee Curtis and Dave Bautista.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is about me, isn't it?
    Only when it's bad.

And btw... Bacon. First time it has been mentioned in 408 posts!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Did demi miss it? How to hang self with weak bedsheet???
    Weaker than toilet paper, demi heard. If so, how to hang? Simple question.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Only when it's bad.

And btw... Bacon. First time it has been mentioned in 408 posts!
    That's simply not true! See post 410!

bacon