Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    so that's where Tassy got it from.

I was just skimming CNN after it happened and was listening to the pundits arguing about it and basically mocking the conservative hicks for blaming Hillary.
    That why I commented it's amusing watching the Left torn between wanting to mock the Right Tin Foil Hatters for thinking the Clinton's ordered a hit, and wanting to put on their own Tin Foil Hat and say Trump ordered a hit......there a few of them here doing that.....
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Well we have successfully gotten JimL and crew to agree with the conservative conspiracy that Epstein was murdered, instead of going with the liberal talking points that he just committed suicide.
      First time JimL, also crew, disbelieves Fake News, don't believe it is just suicide. demi stunned, please to bring smelling salts.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Just wanted to inform you that it isn't anything personal on your part. This has been a pet peeve of his for years.
        I think it's silly that anyone would complain about what I consider a normal and organized way of dealing with a multi-point post, and I would probably block someone for whining about it. And I almost NEVER block people.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

you mean like:

Post Length Considerations
          The maximum post length is 24K characters not including quoted material. Do not use multiple posts to circumvent this restriction. Please keep your points concise and limit the number of major points made in a debate/discussion to 1 or 2 per post max as this encourages discourse. Rebuttal posts get undesirably lengthy from both a writer's and a reader's perspective when there are too many points to address. Additionally, please allow the other person to respond to your post before making additional substantive posts and points directed towards that same person (i.e. back-to-back responses to a single post are not allowed.)
          Please start strictly enforcing these rules forthwith. It will free up my time by bringing the forum to a swift end.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            That why I commented it's amusing watching the Left torn between wanting to mock the Right Tin Foil Hatters for thinking the Clinton's ordered a hit, and wanting to put on their own Tin Foil Hat and say Trump ordered a hit......there a few of them here doing that.....
            That's because for them when conservatives make unfounded allegations it is nothing more than crazy talk but when liberals do it then it is entirely sensible and reasonable and needs to be thoroughly investigated (and re-investigated until they get the result they want).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
              Well the person who made the accusation of “a hit” was Trump, who promulgated the unfounded theory that the Clinton's had a hand in Epstein’s death. One can only wonder why he would assume that Epstein was the victim of "a hit" at all.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Do you think that will end the conspiracy theory frenzy, or just feed it more?
                Still too many anomalies and unanswered questions.

I missed part of the interview, but Cyril Wecht believes the medical evidence disclosed so far is not sufficiently accounted for by suicide by "leaning forward" with a bedsheet noose in place. It would require "velocity," such as from jumping from the top bunk. I didn't catch all he said, but I got the impression he believed the top bunk showed no signs of having been used.

OTOH, video cameras show no one in the vicinity of the cell during the hours in which the death is believed to have occurred.

Complete autopsy details must be reviewed. Condition of the cell, especially the top bunk, must be documented as accurately as possible. Video equipment must be checked for tampering. Timing of the death must be verified to the extent possible.

MCC personnel have been less than totally cooperative with investigators.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Sad for those who want go back to sleep, but this is just beginning. Coming up, conspiracy of Obama, also others, against Trump.

Comment

• Did demi miss it? How to hang self with weak bedsheet???

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Fair enough. But do have any experience dealing with a high profile criminal like Epstein who apparently had a criminal network of other wealthy and powerful folks involved in his criminal conspiracy? See this is what bothers me. You guys treat this like it was just another day in prison life with just another criminal and it wasn't. This is one reason I don't buy the guard story (the idea they just didn't care and were treating it like another mundane situation) or the "this happens all the time in prisons" argument you guys use to explain it away. It would be like having a famous mob boss locked up, then something weird happens to him with a series of unusual things surrounding it, and you arguing "well this stuff happens all the time in prisons." No it doesn't under the circumstances
                      LOL....so you assume that I'm not mindful this may all be a giant conspiracy and think I've discounted that possibility, so you to try to win this riposte arguing that I don't know what's up because I haven't investigated people like Epstein before? Very few people in the world have handled those types investigations, so that's a safe bet. My reply to that is to ask how many hangings, suicides, or homicides you've investigated before? Because if your answer is zero, I'm still an expert in this subject compared to you.

I wasn't try to make myself seem high and mighty with what I previously wrote, I just thought that my training, education, and experience was relevant information for you to consider when I made statements about homicide investigations.

I agree that your conspiracy theory is POSSIBLE, I'm just saying that you've done a poor job of explaining why it's PROBABLE. As an example, it's possible that Trump's friends from Mars used their inter-dimensional spaceship to instantaneously appear in Epstein's jail cell and strangle him. But investigations are mostly about what's probable, not what's possible.

You know, I typed a up a big long response explaining why a hyoid bone fracture in a suspected hanging from a prison cell doesn't make me lean towards homicide (absent other context like tampered video footage, etc.) But I realize you're having too much fun with this conspiracy theory to really pay attention to any of what I would have said. If you truly want to know, I'll try to find more time to explain it. But unless you ask me to, I think I'll just save myself the time at this point. (It involves what one of the owners said about prison hangings being essentially a self-strangling.)
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Still too many anomalies and unanswered questions.

I missed part of the interview, but Cyril Wecht believes the medical evidence disclosed so far is not sufficiently accounted for by suicide by "leaning forward" with a bedsheet noose in place. It would require "velocity," such as from jumping from the top bunk. I didn't catch all he said, but I got the impression he believed the top bunk showed no signs of having been used.

OTOH, video cameras show no one in the vicinity of the cell during the hours in which the death is believed to have occurred.

Complete autopsy details must be reviewed. Condition of the cell, especially the top bunk, must be documented as accurately as possible. Video equipment must be checked for tampering. Timing of the death must be verified to the extent possible.

MCC personnel have been less than totally cooperative with investigators.
                        I think a lot of your questions may be answered if you had access to the actual case file. The frustrating thing is that a bed sheet will leave less physical evidence compared with a belt or rope. The pressure on the anchor point and the victim's neck is distributed along a greater surface area. That means less damage to the skin and less chance of impressions on the anchor, even in a higher velocity situations.
                        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

I think it's silly that anyone would complain about what I consider a normal and organized way of dealing with a multi-point post, and I would probably block someone for whining about it. And I almost NEVER block people.
                          This is about me, isn't it?
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            That's because for them when conservatives make unfounded allegations it is nothing more than crazy talk but when liberals do it then it is entirely sensible and reasonable and needs to be thoroughly investigated (and re-investigated until they get the result they want).
                            Like, even though there's no proof, the seriousness of the charge requires an investigation.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Funny thing about conspiracy theories, the more evidence that is presented against it, the more convinced the lunatics are that it's true.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The popular theory is that he was done in by the EMT crew.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment