Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-167998

share-blue-1.jpg

Hmmmm *checks the usual suspects posts* .... yep, hitting all the talking points
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
      https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-167998

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38988[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm *checks the usual suspects posts* .... yep, hitting all the talking points
      Huh... I always thought "liberal talking points memo" was just a joke.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Certain posters even get the dumbed down version.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

IF there was a conspiracy, I think the least likely suspects are the Clintons or Trump or any other external high profile figure connected to Epstein. I would actually look to the law enforcement agencies and/or those involved in the prosecution themselves. Not only would they presumably have the most authority to order/arrange the death (or make the conditions possible that he could kill himself), but they stand more to gain from this than anyone. Now that Epstein is dead, any motions by the defense to suppress evidence against co-conspirators has been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I have no idea if it's legitimate or not, I just found it amusing that it hit all the talking points being brought up.
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              IF there was a conspiracy, I think the least likely suspects are the Clintons or Trump or any other external high profile figure connected to Epstein. I would actually look to the law enforcement agencies and/or those involved in the prosecution themselves. Not only would they presumably have the most authority to order/arrange the death (or make the conditions possible that he could kill himself), but they stand more to gain from this than anyone. Now that Epstein is dead, any motions by the defense to suppress evidence against co-conspirators has been removed.
              Actually I should say the suppression hasn't quite been removed (at least to my limited understanding of the legalities involved). The current fight is to get the previous ridiculous immunity deal that was protecting Epstein and his associates and suppressing evidence, when he was first convicted, removed so they can proceed to go after his associates. Being that you have both the civil and criminal attorneys in favor of removing it, it's practically inevitable that the judge will remove it. If it is removed, watch out! There's no telling what we'll discover in the investigation. If it's not removed, that make no sense, and then that would actually look more of a conspiracy (powerful influences on the judge to keep the protections in place) than even Epstein's death.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                I have no idea if it's legitimate or not, I just found it amusing that it hit all the talking points being brought up.
                That was from the organization that was started to counter meme warfare on the right. They're devoted to messaging. I had no idea they were still around to be honest.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Because they have no power to do so.

Not really - if the Democrats think they have something that will cause the American people to see the need to remove Trump from office, they need to proceed. That they DON'T proceed simply because they feel the Republicans will not vote to remove Trump shows what a bunch of cowards the Democrats are. The truth is, they (all of them) make their calculations on impeachment based on whether they will lose their own power in congress in upcoming elections.

It's entirely political.
                  Good, I'm glad you agree that they are doing the right thing by investigating Trump, because that is exactly what they are doing. You must be very proud of the democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I think her bigger problem was that she ignored her husband's advice.
                    No, I think the bigger problem was Russia's interference, and the Trump campaigns collusion with them in order to eek out the electoral college even while losing the majority vote by 3 million. That was the Russian strategy, and P Manafort, Trumps campaign manager, directed their efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Probably was in the bag, she wasn'rt counting on the Russian/Trump campaign collusion effect.
                      They had to account for something negative coming out in the days before the election. Nearly every presidential election nowadays has some kind of October Surprise waiting. Sometimes it backfires (like Dan Rather in 2004) but sometimes it doesn't. I think Hillary would have won had the Anthony Weiner news not broken right before the 2016 election. Not pressing forward, anticipating something is going to happen, is negligent. Whether the surprise comes from Russian operatives or elsewhere doesn't matter; you have to be ready.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Good, I'm glad you agree that they are doing the right thing by investigating Trump,
                        I never said it was the RIGHT thing, but I hope they proceed full bore.

because that is exactly what they are doing. You must be very proud of the democrats.
                        YES! GO DEMOCRATS!!!! Full speed ahead! INVESTIGATE, IMPEACH, HATE!!!!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, I think the bigger problem was Russia's interference...
                          Yes, you're a one trick nag*.

*as in a worn out old horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            When considering a conspiracy, I think about motivation. I don't seen any motivation for law enforcement or detention staff unless someone more powerful is providing a reward for...lax supervision of the inmate. It's possible detention staff intentionally let Epstein kill himself. But I work in law enforcement, and I don't see anyone I know endangering their career...without some reward for taking that risk.
                            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                              When considering a conspiracy, I think about motivation. I don't seen any motivation for law enforcement or detention staff unless someone more powerful is providing a reward for...lax supervision of the inmate. It's possible detention staff intentionally let Epstein kill himself. But I work in law enforcement, and I don't see anyone I know endangering their career...without some reward for taking that risk.
                              I concur - they would have to know that they're simply bringing unnecessary scrutiny on themselves --- for what?

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
                                I'd actually agree but for a different reason. Assuming the staff involved, as well as the higher ups that could have arranged it, were all concerned about justice being served and perhaps felt the immunity deal Epstein got was impeding the investigation progress and this was the only way to remove that barrier, that would be an argument for motive. But I don't believe they really care about justice (at least to that extent), so you could be right.

Comment