Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Especially since Epstein appears to have been at the top of that food chain.
    He was pimp. Who were customers of his?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      I am personally upset with this because I have a young relation who happens to be a conspiracy nut
      demi will try break it gently: when even KG smells rat, you know most people don't believe it is just suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        And then Trump, a long time friend of Epstein...
        You mean the same guy that permanently banned him from his properties as soon as he discovered that he had accosted one of his underage female employees?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, I think that's what Trump is hoping anyway.
          Desperate troll is desperate.

You still haven't got over the fact that the whole Russian collusion thing collapsed in on itself since it was based on nothing but a flimsy web of lies.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Apparently "suicide watch" means they sat back and watched him commit suicide.
            As opposed to what you, Terrance K. Williams and Trump seems to believe, he was no longer on suicide watch:

Epstein had been placed on suicide watch three weeks ago after he was found unconscious in his jail cell with bruises on his neck, but he was taken off of suicide watch less than a week later.

Criminal justice experts say that this is not uncommon, as the length of time inmates stay on suicide watch varies greatly. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/n...il/1978065001/
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              As opposed to what you, Terrance K. Williams and Trump seems to believe, he was no longer on suicide watch:
              Please do try to keep up
              He apparently was taken off suicide watch despite being a known risk.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...time-of-death/

Comment

Please do try to keep up
                Thanks. That only goes for MM, however. The president and Terrance K. Williams seemingly do not know.
                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Desperate troll is desperate.

You still haven't got over the fact that the whole Russian collusion thing collapsed in on itself since it was based on nothing but a flimsy web of lies.
                  Collapsed, don't you wish. There is an impeachment inquery going on right now so don't get your hopes up. You're just lucky that you held on to your corrupt Senate majority led by Moscow Mitch or he'd probably be impeached by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                    Thanks. That only goes for MM, however. The president and Terrance K. Williams seemingly do not know.
                    Prison guards skipped mandatory prisoner checks at the time of Epstein's death...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...psteins-death/

It's all very sketchy.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Prison guards skipped mandatory prisoner checks at the time of Epstein's death...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...psteins-death/

It's all very sketchy.
                      This is interesting. Look at the headline in Breitbart: Reuters: Prison Guards Skipped Mandatory Checks Before Jeffrey Epstein’s Death

Now let's look at what is in the Reuters report: "At the MCC, two jail guards are required to make separate checks on all prisoners every 30 minutes, but that procedure was not followed overnight, according to the source."

So, as we can see, the headline in Breitbart is not giving us the real source. An unmaned source suddenly becomes Reuters in Breitbart. What happened to your "sources say" criticism, MM?

(Personally I would guess the source is telling the truth, but my main point is that Breitbart is manipulating and MM has a convenient way to handle unnamed sources).

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                        demi will try break it gently: when even KG smells rat, you know most people don't believe it is just suicide.
                        Talk about quoting out of context. My original remarks were about my relative's state of mind. I didn't express any doubt about the possibility of foul play in this instance, did I? Otherwise stop twisting my words.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Collapsed, don't you wish. There is an impeachment inquery going on right now so don't get your hopes up. You're just lucky that you held on to your corrupt Senate majority led by Moscow Mitch or he'd probably be impeached by now.
                          My hopes are up that the Democrats proceed with their impeachment "inquery" thereby all but assuring their being roundly defeated in 2020. Not just the presidency but handing back control of the House.

And the Senate can do nothing to keep the House from impeaching Trump. But then what else can you expect from someone who supports a separate but equal doctrine?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                            Talk about quoting out of context. My original remarks were about my relative's state of mind.
                            demi thinks calling him 'nut' shows attitude of mind of yours.

I didn't express any doubt about the possibility of foul play in this instance, did I?
                            demi doesn't care how carefully expression of doubt (or not) of yours is, demi only interested in actual views of yours. What do you suspect, guards "as careless"? Or also suspicions of worse things?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              It's been a while, Myth, but as I recall, most prison sells don't have cameras viewing into the cells. Since many cells also include the stainless steel toilet/sink, this is seen as a violation of prisoner's privacy. In Texas, the ACLU has fought against cameras viewing into cells, while legislators in Texas are trying to force jails to have them. In your experience, are jail cells themselves typically video'd?

So, yeah, it's a matter of a human person walking by the cell on a regular basis and peeking in - and if that routine is too routine, it's not hard for a prisoner to time his demise accordingly.
                              I've never seen a cell with video cameras here. There are cameras in the booking room, front desk, control tower, hallways, intox room, attorney conference room, and on the main 'blocks'...but none in individual cells, offices, medical, showers or strip search rooms. And for perspective on numbers...our jail operates with a staff of somewhere around 7-9 jailers per shift, while they house usually around 180 - 230 inmates. The jailers at intake can't leave unless there's an emergency, and the control tower jailer can't leave at all. So that's 4-6 people to keep check on up to 230 people....while dealing with conflicts, moving inmates, dealing with contraband, etc.
                              Last edited by myth; 08-11-2019, 02:08 PM.
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                                I've never seen a cell with video cameras here. There are cameras in the booking room, front desk, control tower, hallways, intox room, attorney conference room, and on the main 'blocks'...but none in individual cells, offices, medical, showers or strip search rooms. And for perspective on numbers...our jail operates with a staff of somewhere around 7-9 jailers per shift, while they house usually around 180 - 230 inmates. The jailers at intake can't leave unless there's an emergency, and the control tower jailer can't leave at all. So that's 4-6 people to keep check on up to 230 people....while dealing with conflicts, moving inmates, dealing with contraband, etc.
                                Pretty comparable to our County Jail.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment