Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do lumber companies have a board of boards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Do lumber companies have a board of boards?

I know they tend to measure things in board feet, so maybe they're feet get tired and their board meetings get long and boring.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I know they tend to measure things in board feet, so maybe they're feet get tired and their board meetings get long and boring.
        "thar" & "tard"

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Yeah, well, I'm going to be, um, unavoidably detained that day.
          Just think of it as a non-returnable wedding present!

I'm not helping, am I?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Ah, and... um.... you don't want any.. um... distractions.

copy that!
            Yeah, 'honey, mind if I run to a board meeting' in that instance sounds a lot more like 'honey, wanna just kill me now'?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Nah, they have carpenter ants to do that for them!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Cite those requirements, please. Remember, he was no longer on suicide watch.

Mr. Barr knew that Mr. Epstein — a high-profile and politically connected prisoner — could pose a problem, especially after he was found unconscious in his cell last month in a possible suicide attempt. But within a week, prison officials determined that he could be taken off suicide watch, and they assured the Justice Department that he would be monitored around the clock and be placed with a cellmate, whose presence could deter self-harm.

Source
                He was supposed to have had a cellmate in spite of being taken off suicide watch with an assurance to the DOJ he would have one. This was the info I read in other articles weeks ago, so it hasn't changed or been corrected since then.

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                No roommate as required. No half-hour checks as required. And footage from the camera in the hallway outside the cell where authorities say Jeffrey Epstein hanged himself is unusable. No surprise here.
                Also, to add to that, the reports from Epstein's attorneys that he was optimistic and believed his attorneys would get him off with a double jeopardy argument strategy.

Now I'm actually leaning more towards direct foul play.

Comment

• The simplest explanation of all the evidence we have is that he committed suicide and that the prison acted incompetently due to overworked staff. There isn't any good evidence to suggest anything else happened. While a conspiracy without being apriori implausible, it is still less plausible than the simplest explanation in this case given what evidence we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    He was supposed to have had a cellmate in spite of being taken off suicide watch with an assurance to the DOJ he would have one. This was the info I read in other articles weeks ago, so it hasn't changed or been corrected since then.
                    You realize that's not a citation, right? Or did I miss it. The article simply stated:

Mr. Barr immediately knew that he would be engulfed in a scandal. The prison had promised to keep Mr. Epstein under constant surveillance until he could be tried on charges of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls.

A "promise" from the prison is not the same as "requirements" regarding prisoners in general, suicide watch or not.

Again, here's what Tassman claimed...

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    No roommate as required. No half-hour checks as required.
                    Those are the "requirements" for which I'd like to see an actual cite.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      The simplest explanation of all the evidence we have is that he committed suicide and that the prison acted incompetently due to overworked staff. There isn't any good evidence to suggest anything else happened. While a conspiracy without being apriori implausible, it is still less plausible than the simplest explanation in this case given what evidence we have.
                      I kinda sorta said the same thing way back, so, yeah.

Comment

You realize that's not a citation, right? Or did I miss it. The article simply stated:

Mr. Barr immediately knew that he would be engulfed in a scandal. The prison had promised to keep Mr. Epstein under constant surveillance until he could be tried on charges of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls.

A "promise" from the prison is not the same as "requirements" regarding prisoners in general, suicide watch or not.

Again, here's what Tassman claimed...

Those are the "requirements" for which I'd like to see an actual cite.
                        DoJ was "assured" he would have a cellmate. However, cellmate was inexplicably removed the night before he died. You're nit-picking

Comment

DoJ was "assured" he would have a cellmate. However, cellmate was inexplicably removed the night before he died. You're nit-picking
                          No, Tassman referred to "requirements" - like a written policy by the jail. It's not nit-picking at all to ask to see those.

Comment

• Can we proceed to trial on this case? Haven't various trials been undertaken when the criminal has already had his appointment with the undertaker?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Can we proceed to trial on this case? Haven't various trials been undertaken when the criminal has already had his appointment with the undertaker?
                              Yes, the criminal case is being investigated I believe by a grand jury. Civil cases are pouring in with a plan to try and seize his assets.

Comment

Yes, the criminal case is being investigated I believe by a grand jury. Civil cases are pouring in with a plan to try and seize his assets.
                                Sadly, this will be yet another Lawyer Retirement Program.

Comment