Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here we go...

Joe Scarborough Implies Trump-Russia Conspiracy in 'Bull...' suicide

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jo...stein-suicide/

Trump Official Promotes Clinton Conspiracy Theory About Epsteinís Death

https://www.registercitizen.com/ente...y-14295259.php
    Last edited by seer; 08-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    This may not be very Christian of me...but all I can think is "LOL".

After causing immeasurable harm to others and being entirely unrepentant about it, his life came crashing down when his activities were revealed. The world's better off without him, and now the victim's don't have to go through the trauma of a trial. Seems like the best possible outcome for everyone except for him...and it's difficult to feel sorry for him.
    They were exposed something like a decade ago but thanks to an obscene sweetheart deal he got off with a slap on the wrist and pretty much continued.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

3. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This may not be very Christian of me...but all I can think is "LOL".

After causing immeasurable harm to others and being entirely unrepentant about it, his life came crashing down when his activities were revealed. The world's better off without him, and now the victim's don't have to go through the trauma of a trial. Seems like the best possible outcome for everyone except for him...and it's difficult to feel sorry for him.
    No trial also means that many of his coconspirators could escape justice and continue their evil.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    They were exposed something like a decade ago but thanks to an obscene sweetheart deal he got off with a slap on the wrist and pretty much continued.
    Indeed, but now he was facing more charges with an outraged public. Finally.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No trial also means that many of his coconspirators could escape justice and continue their evil.
    Doubt he would have talked anyways, which would be the only investigative benefit to having him around. The old file's been unsealed, so they can still investigate those other people if they want.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I read on zerohedge that this apparently doesn't put those involved in the clear. Granted, it was a reference to a tweet by someone who apparently referenced a prosecutor he talked to who stated that now investigators can search Epstein's home without legal resistance. I have no idea why there was resistance in the first place, and again, this was a tweet by some guy who claims a prosecutor told him this, but for what it's worth
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Btw, here's the tweet.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Doubt he would have talked anyways, which would be the only investigative benefit to having him around. The old file's been unsealed, so they can still investigate those other people if they want.
    Ratting out high level co-conspirators would probably have gotten him a lighter sentence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    In his defence, I must add that Clinton is a man with an admirably strong libido.
    Please tell me you don't know this from personal experience.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Ratting out high level co-conspirators would probably have gotten him a lighter sentence.
    In light of the outrage over his previous lighter sentence deal, maybe not.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.