Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely not unheard of,
    About 8% of inmates in local jails were on suicide watch when they took their own lives, according to the 2010 report, which analyzed nearly 700 jail suicides in 2005 and 2006. While 93% of jails had a suicide watch protocol, fewer than 2% had the option for constant, around-the-clock observation; most facilities checked on inmates every 15 minutes.
    I wonder if these statistics are valid for such high profile inmates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I wonder if these statistics are valid for such high profile inmates.
      The article was related to the 2017 death of NFL player Aaron Hernandez, so I imagine so.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Yeah, it's definitely not unheard of,
        About 8% of inmates in local jails were on suicide watch when they took their own lives, according to the 2010 report, which analyzed nearly 700 jail suicides in 2005 and 2006. While 93% of jails had a suicide watch protocol, fewer than 2% had the option for constant, around-the-clock observation; most facilities checked on inmates every 15 minutes.
        I don't think you can compare other instances of carelessness with a high profile prisoner as Epstein. Possible, but seems highly unlikely, especially since he apparently tried it once before. If it was a conspiracy, the most likely scenario is that they allowed him to do it, maybe even persuaded him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          I don't think you can compare other instances of carelessness with a high profile prisoner as Epstein. Possible, but seems highly unlikely, especially since he apparently tried it once before. If it was a conspiracy, the most likely scenario is that they allowed him to do it, maybe even persuaded him.
          One should also examine other context. For instance, a friend of mine works in a high security prison. They regularly run shifts that are 50-70% staffed according to the stated "safe" level of staffing because the state won't give decent enough pay or benefits to convince people to work in the field. It doesn't matter how high profile your prisoner is if you're so short of staff that you can barely get the bare minimum of tasks done.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

The day after the unsealing of the indictment involving people as powerful as British royalty? Not buying it.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              They were exposed something like a decade ago but thanks to an obscene sweetheart deal he got off with a slap on the wrist and pretty much continued.
              And then Trump, a long time friend of Epstein appointed the D.A. that gave Epstein that sweet sweet deal to his cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                No trial also means that many of his coconspirators could escape justice and continue their evil.
                Yeah, I think that's what Trump is hoping anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  And then Trump, a long time friend of Epstein appointed the D.A. that gave Epstein that sweet sweet deal to his cabinet.
                  You have a natural gift for slander, and an incredible deficiency in cites.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    One should also examine other context. For instance, a friend of mine works in a high security prison. They regularly run shifts that are 50-70% staffed according to the stated "safe" level of staffing because the state won't give decent enough pay or benefits to convince people to work in the field. It doesn't matter how high profile your prisoner is if you're so short of staff that you can barely get the bare minimum of tasks done.
                    It's been a while, Myth, but as I recall, most prison sells don't have cameras viewing into the cells. Since many cells also include the stainless steel toilet/sink, this is seen as a violation of prisoner's privacy. In Texas, the ACLU has fought against cameras viewing into cells, while legislators in Texas are trying to force jails to have them. In your experience, are jail cells themselves typically video'd?

So, yeah, it's a matter of a human person walking by the cell on a regular basis and peeking in - and if that routine is too routine, it's not hard for a prisoner to time his demise accordingly.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      You have a natural gift for slander, and an incredible deficiency in cites.
                      Alex Acosta, CP. Trumps secretary of labor until Epstein was arrested in NY and the publicity forced Acosta's resignation. You can't be that uninformed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Alex Acosta, CP. Trumps secretary of labor until Epstein was arrested in NY and the publicity forced Acosta's resignation.
                        Yes, he's gone.

You can't be that uninformed.
                        Correct.

Comment

Trump just retweeted a suggestion that Clinton was behind it. No links since I'm on my phone.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Trump just retweeted a suggestion that Clinton was behind it. No links since I'm on my phone.
                            Somebody needs to take his Twitter account away!

Rubio's comment? "But the immediate rush to spread conspiracy theories about someone on the “other side” of partisan divide having him killed illustrates why our society is so vulnerable to foreign disinformation & influence efforts".

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              But wasn't he on suicide watch? I wonder if the Clintons were in town?
                              “On Saturday, President Trump spread a conspiracy theory accusing the Clintons of murdering Jeffrey Epstein”.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...pstein/595915/

And Trump’s Evangelical followers, including you, obediently plug the party line. Actually, the person who had most to lose from Epstein’s testimony was Trump himself.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                                This may not be very Christian of me...but all I can think is "LOL".
                                'The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.'

Who next???
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment