Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Ratting out high level co-conspirators would probably have gotten him a lighter sentence.
    Wheeling and dealing like that less common in sex cases, because you get victims pissed off about how their individual perpetrator got a lighter sentence. He might have gotten less time, but he'd probably still be in prison. And this is a billionaire apparently used to having an unending supply of children to satisfy his sexual urges. That'd have been rough for him...which is probably why he killed himself.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by myth View Post
    Wheeling and dealing like that less common in sex cases, because you get victims pissed off about how their individual perpetrator got a lighter sentence. He might have gotten less time, but he'd probably still be in prison. And this is a billionaire apparently used to having an unending supply of children to satisfy his sexual urges. That'd have been rough for him...which is probably why he killed himself.
    Add to that the possibility that he would be the recipient of unwanted sexual escapades. Such types never do well in confinement.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    In light of the outrage over his previous lighter sentence deal, maybe not.
    Especially since Epstein appears to have been at the top of that food chain.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    John McAffee: "I was stunned by Epstein's suicide, through probably not as much as Epstein himself."

Also, I'm seeing (almost certainly unfounded) rumors that the cameras trained on Epstein's cell "malfunctioned" at the time he supposedly committed suicide.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am personally upset with this because I have a young relation who happens to be a conspiracy nut (9/11 was a govt plot, chemical contrails, etc.). He's starting up with this and I can only pray he doesn't spin out of control. Gah.

I have read stories of people on suicide watch succeeding in killing themselves...the last one I remember was that guy who had kept some women captive for years...as I recall, they found gaps in the records where the guards were supposed to record when they checked on the prisoner etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if they found those guards were as ... careless. Temptation is there to let them do it...save everybody the "trouble"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I am personally upset with this because I have a young relation who happens to be a conspiracy nut (9/11 was a govt plot, chemical contrails, etc.). He's starting up with this and I can only pray he doesn't spin out of control. Gah.

I have read stories of people on suicide watch succeeding in killing themselves...the last one I remember was that guy who had kept some women captive for years...as I recall, they found gaps in the records where the guards were supposed to record when they checked on the prisoner etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if they found those guards were as ... careless. Temptation is there to let them do it...save everybody the "trouble"
    Having known a deputy at a local county jail and hearing some of the stories he told that would not be a surprise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

7. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thing is, this doesn't really have to be a conspiracy theory because his death apparently not only will not stop the investigation of the perps involved, but has actually removed legal restraints that was apparently holding back some of the evidence.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He apparently was taken off suicide watch despite being a known risk.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...time-of-death/

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    One of the more amusing conspiracy theories I've seen is that his death was faked, and he's now in protective custody or was allowed to flee the country.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post

Yeah, it's definitely not unheard of,

About 8% of inmates in local jails were on suicide watch when they took their own lives, according to the 2010 report, which analyzed nearly 700 jail suicides in 2005 and 2006. While 93% of jails had a suicide watch protocol, fewer than 2% had the option for constant, around-the-clock observation; most facilities checked on inmates every 15 minutes.