Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The day after the unsealing of the indictment involving people as powerful as British royalty? Not buying it.
    You think British royalty involvement is plausible?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
      You think British royalty involvement is plausible?
      I haven't looked into who's supposed to be involved. But the memes floating around on social media are hilarious, many focusing on the Clintons.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        My hopes are up that the Democrats proceed with their impeachment "inquery" thereby all but assuring their being roundly defeated in 2020. Not just the presidency but handing back control of the House.
        Yep, I know what the conservative talking heads are feeding you, but the evidence going public, whether the corrupt republican Senate "convicts" him or not, isn't going to help Trumps re-election bid. So hope on!
        And the Senate can do nothing to keep the House from impeaching Trump. But then what else can you expect from someone who supports a separate but equal doctrine?
        The Senate, can refuse to convict, stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          You really don't seem to understand the impeachment process at all, though it has been explained to you multiple times.

Here's what Rogue said...

And the Senate can do nothing to keep the House from impeaching Trump.
          Whether the Senate votes to remove from office or not does not change the fact that the House can impeach.

Rouge is absolutely correct - the Senate cannot stop the House from impeaching Trump.

The mistake you repeatedly make is failing to understand that impeachment is simply the House side of the equation. For example, Bill Clinton was impeached by the House. He was not removed by the Senate.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't actually buy the trope that the Clintons go around surreptitiously removing dozens of people on command. If they were that powerful, Hillary would be president.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't actually buy the trope that the Clintons go around surreptitiously removing dozens of people on command. If they were that powerful, Hillary would be president.
              You have to admit though, a serious number of people who have dirt on the Clintons have ended up conveniently dead.
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                You have to admit though, a serious number of people who have dirt on the Clintons have ended up conveniently dead.
                I've looked into it and a high number of people that are cited as part of the theory in reality had little to no relationship to them, and certainly no hard evidence of any "dirt".
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Trump has great security, yuge, the best.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Trump has great security, yuge, the best.
                    That's not what I'm implying.

Comment

You mean the same guy that permanently banned him from his properties as soon as he discovered that he had accosted one of his underage female employees?
                      Seriously!

The guy who openly boasts about grabbing women by their genitals and planting unwanted tic-tac flavored kisses on them is shocked that Epstein "accosted one of his underage female employees".

"Donald Trump has called Epstein a “terrific guy” and “a lot of fun to be with”. Epstein paid two visits to the president’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, in 1997 and 2000, posing for photos with Trump on both occasions. Epstein’s personal address book, leaked in 2009, contained 14 phone numbers for Trump and members of his staff, according to reports".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...linton-friends
                      Last edited by Tassman; 08-12-2019, 12:18 AM.
                      “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

That's not what I'm implying.
                        Then what?

She thought she was winning till very end. Who else for her to bump off?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Yep, I know what the conservative talking heads are feeding you, but the evidence going public, whether the corrupt republican Senate "convicts" him or not, isn't going to help Trumps re-election bid. So hope on!

You were claiming that the Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was keeping the House of Representatives from impeaching Trump. That little jimmy revealed a woeful level of ignorance -- much like your claim that the House and Senate operated under the separate but equal doctrine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Seriously!

The guy who openly boasts about grabbing women by their genitals and planting unwanted tic-tac flavored kisses on them is shocked that Epstein "accosted one of his underage female employees".

"Donald Trump has called Epstein a “terrific guy” and “a lot of fun to be with”. Epstein paid two visits to the president’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, in 1997 and 2000, posing for photos with Trump on both occasions. Epstein’s personal address book, leaked in 2009, contained 14 phone numbers for Trump and members of his staff, according to reports".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...linton-friends
                            All prior to Trump banning him from his properties for accosting an underage staffer. Why is it that you're incapable of dealing with that incontrovertible fact?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

While I don't subscribe to the idea that they murder those who get in their way, Hillary lost largely due to arrogance on her part. She thought it was in the bag, that her victory was assured. That was why, in part, she kept taking so much time off from campaigning (that and health issues) as well as not even bothering to campaigning in several key states.

Comment

All prior to Trump banning him from his properties for accosting an underage staffer. Why is it that you're incapable of dealing with that incontrovertible fact?
                                Incontrovertible? Who said Trump banned Epstein from his properties for accosting an underage staffer, Trump? He’s a pathological liar. It’s hard to believe that Trump would be shocked at Epstein’s sexual activities given Trump’s own record of exploitative sexual aggression towards women. This is Trump performing his tried and true "I barely knew him" strategy. Let's remember that it was Epstein who introduced Melania to Donald.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment