Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The timing here looks suspicious but I have other questions about the alleged conspiracy. Who did it? Epstein's footage is missing, but how would they have gotten in and out of the prison to begin with? Cameras presumably would have detected that. And why hasn't the alleged ringleader gone after any of the accusers, who would presumably be easier to target?
    The official coroner ruled it a suicide, so there was no need to further investigate the matter, including any other camera footage. Either that, or it was an inside job -- one of the prisoners was presumably let into his cell, thus the only camera footage that needed to be disposed or blocked was footage near his cell. As far as the accusers, it doesn't matter the claims they make because they can be dismissed as lies or exaggeration or just ignored. Most people, for example, have no idea who Virginia Giuffre is (and she's been in the spotlight the most), much less the other accusers, but everyone knows who Epstein is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

We're talking about people at the highest levels of society, private citizens who have more power and influence then even our own politicians. I don't find it at all hard to believe that it would be trivial for them to pull off these killings.
      Money talks, and billionaires don't have a shortage of that.

My question is: Why now? If this guy was a danger to certain people or a person, why didn't they off him ages ago? And unless this guy was in solitary, I would think there would be a ruckus that other cellmates would hear, perhaps cries for help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Money talks, and billionaires don't have a shortage of that.

My question is: Why now? If this guy was a danger to certain people or a person, why didn't they off him ages ago? And unless this guy was in solitary, I would think there would be a ruckus that other cellmates would hear, perhaps cries for help.
        "Why now" seems easily answerable by this being a suicide. It's easy to imagine a man who has lived his entire life in the fast lane, with riches and an endless supply of sexual partners, realizing that the ride is over and that he has nothing to look forward to but a few years left in declining health behind bars, not wanting to continue to live.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The given reasoning is that such surveillance is thought to violate privacy/human rights, which is believable in western Europe.
          They have cameras in prisons in France. There was even a case in 2016 where someone tried suing to remove two cameras from his cell itself.

This is a prison with max security cells, where Carlos the Jackal is held. It's simply not remotely believable that they do not have cameras AT LEAST in the corridors outside the cells.

Comment

"Why now" seems easily answerable by this being a suicide. It's easy to imagine a man who has lived his entire life in the fast lane, with riches and an endless supply of sexual partners, realizing that the ride is over and that he has nothing to look forward to but a few years left in declining health behind bars, not wanting to continue to live.
            But the timing is not so easily answerable if he was killed.

Comment