Announcement

Collapse

Study Room Guidelines

Ok it isn't so quiet in here but our resident librarian will ensure that there is good discussion on literature, prose, poetry, etc. You may also post sermons, notes, and the like as long as it is not copyrighted material and within reason of the post length regulation.

We encourage you to take a lose look at the threads and offer honest and useful input. This forum is a place where we discuss literature of any media, as well as personal creations by some of our own wordsmiths. Debate is encouraged, but we often find ourselves relaxing here.

Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Anyone here read Things Fall Apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here read Things Fall Apart?

I read it in english literature in college. I personally greatly enjoyed the book. I believe Chinua Achebe is a great writer.

I could reccomend several books.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    I read it in english literature in college. I personally greatly enjoyed the book. I believe Chinua Achebe is a great writer.

I could reccomend several books.
    Yes, but it's been a LONG time. I don't recall liking it very much.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      Yes, but it's been a LONG time. I don't recall liking it very much.
      Fair enough. I have been trying to read more. I got a collection of MLKs writings. I try to read the bible on a more regular basis. I enjoy reading I find it edifying. I also find it enjoyable.
      sigpic

Comment

Fair enough. I have been trying to read more...
        I could recommend my "Proverbs Reading Program" to you!

(only mine in the sense that I often use it)

Whatever day of the month it is - read that Chapter in Proverbs. Today is the 10th, so you'd read chapter 10.

I like this because, if you miss a day or two, or even a couple weeks, just look to see what day of the month it is, and read that chapter.

(yes, you won't be able to read all chapters every month)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I could recommend my "Proverbs Reading Program" to you!

(only mine in the sense that I often use it)

Whatever day of the month it is - read that Chapter in Proverbs. Today is the 10th, so you'd read chapter 10.

I like this because, if you miss a day or two, or even a couple weeks, just look to see what day of the month it is, and read that chapter.

(yes, you won't be able to read all chapters every month)
          I think you recommended this before. I must admit it is clever.
          sigpic

Comment

I think you recommended this before. I must admit it is clever.
            Yeah, I like it for two reasons...

A) We need wisdom, and Proverbs is chock full of it
            2) Even when I get out of the habit of reading Proverbs, I can always 'snap back' to it immediately.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've seen some people really dislike it but I thought it was good.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X