Thread: Conspiracy theories go mainstream

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Conspiracy theories go mainstream

First was 'Trump conspired with Russia!!!' on one hand, also 'Deep State conspired to frame Trump'.

Now Paul Krugman dips to into water:

If we were living in a paranoid fantasy universe, I would be very suspicious about the Epstein suicide, even about whether it was really suicide. And you know what? The Epstein case itself shows that we *are* kind of living in a paranoid fantasy universe
    https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/stat...91016726609920
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I have to wonder if all the conspiracy theories are just making things worse. Paranoia helps no one

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are trusting sort of person?
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    demi not trying to be harsh, but this naivety really not affordable.

There was obvious coup attempt against Trump, some few still trying to impeach. So only reasonable to ask what else powerhungry people are doing, what other dark dirty deeds.

Yes, you have anxiety issues. Yes, reality harsh. But sooner or later you must face it, cos denial is worse. Prepare yourself.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am not denying reality I am trying to understand it. I have found that when I am paranoid I can not think clearly

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I am not denying reality I am trying to understand it. I have found that when I am paranoid I can not think clearly
    Lots of people think about conspiracies, but not paranoid. Some examples from TWeb,

Raphael: 'lots of people had dirt on Clinton, conveniently bumped off'
    Teallaura: 'coup' against Trump.

You can do clinical type of thinking, just considering plausible possibilities.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Americans arenít buying that disgraced financier and convicted sex criminal Jeffrey Epstein killed himself in jail last weekend.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 29% of American Adults believe Epstein actually committed suicide while in jail. Forty-two percent (42%) think Epstein was murdered to prevent him from testifying against powerful people with whom he associated. A sizable 29% are undecided.