Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Term Care

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
    I thought you planned for Jake to take care of you in your dottage.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    When I looked into long term care, I found that the plan was sufficient IF you didn't go over THREE years. That was all the policy would cover given the average cost of care per year.

With my dad the care is being provided by the vet's home where he pays 70 percent of his monthly gross income. If we can raise his disability to 70 percent, he will pay nothing as the disability will cover it all. Them's the rules.

Home long term care is good only if the family structure can support it. Mine couldn't.
    Yeah, the more I look into it, the more red flags I see. The THREE YEARS thing you mention sounds pretty common, and if you're going to need "long term" care, three years doesn't seem very long.
    Also, it sounds like the companies that do provide LTC are really picky about the clients they accept.

Much of the advice I've seen includes instructions on how to minimize your "wealth" so Medicaid would help. You pretty much have to spend all of your resources BEFORE they will kick in.
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

3. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.